+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Its Aman here , Kuldeep, just realized a new account got created in hurry to reply you :) Congrats once again , and I did not get any update about my application from etobicoke yet
Thank you aman I hope you get a positive decision soon for your work permit. And also my husband’s visitor visa got refused just after two days of my approval, they gave financial reasons for refusal.

AmandeepBrar

Jul 11, 2021
Thank you aman I hope you get a positive decision soon for your work permit. And also my husband’s visitor visa got refused just after two days of my approval, they gave financial reasons for refusal.
Thank you :) ..ohh noo; don't worry, now as you got status, he will be here soon too, my best wishes..So, they only gave decision on visitors visa after your decision right.I was also planning to apply for my husband and daughters visitors visa but by looking at your situation, it looks like there wont be any result(positive or negative) until a decision is made on my pgwp application

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you :) ..ohh noo; don't worry, now as you got status, he will be here soon too, my best wishes..So, they only gave decision on visitors visa after your decision right.I was also planning to apply for my husband and daughters visitors visa but by looking at your situation, it looks like there wont be any result(positive or negative) until a decision is made on my pgwp application
Hi aman yes I have recently applied for my PR and my husband is included in it. His visitor refusal was not directly related to my work permit application because as long as we are living on valid maintained status we are eligible to invite our family members. It could be reason, I am not sure, but officer used financial reason to refuse our application and we are going to judicial review for this now my lawyer said we have better chance for JR than applying for a new application, because we did showed enough funds it looks like they just wanted to refuse.

Reactions: AmandeepBrar

AmandeepBrar

Jul 11, 2021
Hi aman yes I have recently applied for my PR and my husband is included in it. His visitor refusal was not directly related to my work permit application because as long as we are living on valid maintained status we are eligible to invite our family members. It could be reason, I am not sure, but officer used financial reason to refuse our application and we are going to judicial review for this now my lawyer said we have better chance for JR than applying for a new application, because we did showed enough funds it looks like they just wanted to refuse.
yeah i know,,,.your lawyer is right ..it was such a long wait and hard time..Kuldeep, one more question did they ask for additional docs or conducted an interview before approving your pgwp application

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
yeah i know,,,.your lawyer is right ..it was such a long wait and hard time..Kuldeep, one more question did they ask for additional docs or conducted an interview before approving your pgwp application
No they didn’t ask any docs or interview. As I initiated writ of mandamus so it looks like that had a affect on finalization of my application.

AmandeepBrar

Jul 11, 2021
No they didn’t ask any docs or interview. As I initiated writ of mandamus so it looks like that had a affect on finalization of my application.
Oh I see..I will search for that too, if that helps.is it quite a costly thing and could you please let me know after how long you got your results after applying for writ

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Oh I see..I will search for that too, if that helps.is it quite a costly thing and could you please let me know after how long you got your results after applying for writ
Yes it is expensive and but I didn’t pay the full fee because case did not to through hearing. We just withdrew our case after approval so I only paid half fees. I got my work permit after one month of filling writ.

AmandeepBrar

Jul 11, 2021
Yes it is expensive and but I didn’t pay the full fee because case did not to through hearing. We just withdrew our case after approval so I only paid half fees. I got my work permit after one month of filling writ.
Thank you so much for your quick replies and information :) I will try to find more info about this too then