+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File approved but no PPR email yet

Honeybee13

Nov 14, 2018
Hi All,

My application got approved on May 3 and its june 6 now. i still havent got the passport request email. My application has exceeded the normal wait times as well. The last date for 6 months was June 3. Can anyone please suggest what could be done.
I received ghost email on April 30 and I believe my approval date is May 3 too. I haven't received anything either. When we called the Vancouver VO office they informed the waiting time is 3 months. So waiting. :|

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I have a landing appointment.

I don't remember the days that I entered Canada, can I just say the month and the year?

Shar23

Jun 5, 2019
Hi guys.
First week of june ,My application is approved but still I haven't get the ppr email. Anyone knows how long it will take to get the ppr email.
Aor 20 Nov 2018

Reactions: KamKC

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, i got approval/ information letter on may17 . It has been 2 months now still waiting for landing appointment interview email from etobicoke office, ontario. It this delay normal . I was not suppose to send passports as i live in canada only fsw inland applicant. Approval letter stated that they will contact me shortly but is 2 months waiting normal inusually check my spam mail too . But nothing yet

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
This was the language of my approval/ information letter
The letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi All,

My application got approved on May 3 and its june 6 now. i still havent got the passport request email. My application has exceeded the normal wait times as well. The last date for 6 months was June 3. Can anyone please suggest what could be done.
I ammin similar situaltion my 6 months got completwd on april 11, though i got approval letter on may17, but no landing appointment till now for issue of COPR it is now more than 2 months ... my file is at etobicoke ... i am worried too

Roh99

Jun 25, 2019
Hi All,

All stages seems to be passed around Aug 1st week. It's been almost a one month but no updates. Still no golden email; any one else is in same situation all passed but no golden email? I have completed 6 months and if there's anyone else in situation then please share your thoughts.

Thanks and all the best to everyone!

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hi All,

All stages seems to be passed around Aug 1st week. It's been almost a one month but no updates. Still no golden email; any one else is in same situation all passed but no golden email? I have completed 6 months and if there's anyone else in situation then please share your thoughts.

Thanks and all the best to everyone!
I have similar situation like yours. Haven't received any update although call center agent confirmed everything was passed more than a month back. Need to be patient

Roh99

Jun 25, 2019
I've been waiting for over two months
Thanks for replying. So, did you mean you completed 6 months and then have been waiting for additional 2 months?
Reaching out to a local MP after the 6 months timeline is it helpful? Do you have info about it ? Please share you experience.

Roh99

Jun 25, 2019
I have similar situation like yours. Haven't received any update although call center agent confirmed everything was passed more than a month back. Need to be patient
I have had a call with the agent again and they said the application although is passed but still needs to be overall checked by the officer. I have multiple calls few agents in the past said all passed and you should receive a letter for interview after which we would need to go either at the office/flag poling but some agents are saying that application is still being overall checked. I don't understand what exactly is going on since I am now meeting 6 months timeline.
Do you have any info or are there are any members here who had similar experience and have reached out to a local MP? I have been reading some threads where some of the guys got PPR email right after having call center contacted by the MP office.