+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File approved but no PPR email yet

1Life

Apr 12, 2019
8 weeks completed since approval at Vancouver VO. As I'm from Ottawa, not sure if this wait is for the right path of interview at a location closer (but not Vancouver) or just place holder to kill time until PPR request is eventually sent someday

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
90 days since file approved, still no interview request. Wake up Vancouver, Wake up Etobicoke, Wake up IRCC!!
Have you tried contacting them?
After 90 days they really should respond, as that's longest wait I've heard of for landing interview

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Quick question: do FSW inland applicants get to do an interview?
Is there a rule as to who gets an interview and who gets a RFV email?

I really hope I’m not gonna need to wait another 3 months.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Strange, a person from May got an appointment at Etobicoke. Did you contact them?

Or is it because you and your spouse need to go to Etobicoke and Vancouver kinda thing?
Contact whom ? I contacted the Call center agents who seem to make a fool out of me. In my last call with them 2 days ago the agent said my file is at Etobicoke office and it could take 6 weeks to have the interview scheduled.

I'm not sure of your second point. My spouse is outside Canada. She received passport request but cannot proceed until I get CoPR. And my interview is getting delayed.

KamKC

Apr 25, 2019
Hi All,

My application got approved on May 3 and its june 6 now. i still havent got the passport request email. My application has exceeded the normal wait times as well. The last date for 6 months was June 3. Can anyone please suggest what could be done.

Reactions: Honeybee13

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I have my wife as my dependent on my PR CEC application. I received this letter in my profile this week. Just wondering if anyone else here received anything like this ?

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require
the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be
submitted after you, the primary applicant have received your confirmation of permanent residence status."

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Congratulations, how many days since approval? Also does it help if MP is involved ?
Thanks!
It was approved on April 11. Could be that the MP helped, can't say for sure.
I would contact them in your case. You are passed 90 days so the will be able to request from IRCC to speed up.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks!
It was approved on April 11. Could be that the MP helped, can't say for sure.
I would contact them in your case. You are passed 90 days so the will be able to request from IRCC to speed up.
Sure will give a try and see.

SGX

May 24, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm FSW Outland applicant. AOR Nov 9th. After completion of 6 months I raised a CSE asking for the status. Got a response on 15th May, saying a decision has been made on my application and respective office will contact me. Then I called on 22nd May and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved but couldn't tell me when I'll get the passport request letter. Asked me to wait for couple of weeks as there can be backlog. Waiting since then. Even if I assume it was approved on 15th May, it's close to a month but no passport request yet. Visa office is Ottawa. Do you know if I have any option to reach out to them other than raising CSE (anyway planning to raise one tomorrow ) or calling the agent ( last time the agent said she can't even send a reminder, since it's approved)?

Some of you here mentioned reaching out to the MP. Is it only for the inland applicant's ? I don't know which MP to reach out to. Our medical will expire on Sep 28th. So I believe we have to enter Canada before that. Now both me and my wife's company has a notice period of 3 months. Unless we resign in a week or two, we won't get release on time. Also we are hesitant to resign without a formal confirmation of the approval. Never expected to be in such a situation.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm FSW Outland applicant. AOR Nov 9th. After completion of 6 months I raised a CSE asking for the status. Got a response on 15th May, saying a decision has been made on my application and respective office will contact me. Then I called on 22nd May and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved but couldn't tell me when I'll get the passport request letter. Asked me to wait for couple of weeks as there can be backlog. Waiting since then. Even if I assume it was approved on 15th May, it's close to a month but no passport request yet. Visa office is Ottawa. Do you know if I have any option to reach out to them other than raising CSE (anyway planning to raise one tomorrow ) or calling the agent ( last time the agent said she can't even send a reminder, since it's approved)?

Some of you here mentioned reaching out to the MP. Is it only for the inland applicant's ? I don't know which MP to reach out to. Our medical will expire on Sep 28th. So I believe we have to enter Canada before that. Now both me and my wife's company has a notice period of 3 months. Unless we resign in a week or two, we won't get release on time. Also we are hesitant to resign without a formal confirmation of the approval. Never expected to be in such a situation.
You can't reach out to an MP since you are an outland. Passport request is done by the office close to you I think, is it NDVO? You can email them directly.