+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
belitang said:
Reading all your posts is very interesting.

Most of us have the same aim to settle our self and family in Canada, but I think, I am in other boat. I do not take any lawsuit to against the CIC or join the class action to question the low. It does not mean I am agree with the decisions to return the backlog applications. I just thinking that the court processing will take time (maybe years). If (?) we win, I doubt that CIC can finish our applications in a year. They call it backlog means they can not process the applications in time meaner.

But, I really want to learn from this case. My understanding that a "class action" is an action to question that a low is proper to be run. If the class action win then the court will shutdown the low. That is the only result of a class action that I know. But, maybe, the people can request some compensations for the negative impact of the low when it was run.

In this case, the class action to against the low used by CIC to return the backlog applications, I do not see that the lawsuit is questioning directly the PR processing. What I mean with the PR processing is how CIC process the PR. Here, I just see that the lawsuit is to question the low, but not the CIC, hence if the class action win, the only result will be CIC could not return the backlog application. So, my question, is it possible to request court to push CIC to speedup the processing as the compensation of this class action? Please share your opinions.

BTW, my current status is "in process". I have sent the the Return of Processing and RPR Fee last Dec, but no response till now. I have no plan to re-apply this year. I heard from some of my friends in US and Canada that the economics there is quite bad recently. Some of people in this forum, which are living in there, posted the same information as well. So, for me is not wise to go there now without a secure job. Well, Canada will not go anywhere, right?

/b
You are right. Winning the lawsuit doesn't necessarily means that the PR application will be processed, either within a year or five years. Also, it doesn't mean they will be processed by the pre-2008 applications standards or any others as expected by the applicants. In fact, there are 1001 reasons why application can be rejected. I am all for the litigation as a right cause to show CIC they are not above the law and prevent them from acting so in the future (although i doubt they will learn) but I think everyone needs to plan his life ahead regardless the outcome of the court decision.

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
terminated in regard to 'Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act,
Hi bdzahid,

We are in a same stage. More interesting, our status is almost the same.

Questioning about what next: I, my self, will run my current life as good as I can. For me, Canadian PR is just about the future. If I can get it, it may change the way of my life. If not, my current life is not bad. I just follow the wise words that never put away your sandal if don't have a new one. So, there is no next until we get the PR. Other than that, we must live like we have never apply the PR.

/b

bdzahid said:
Simplified Application SGO: Sep 2006
Full application package with Right of Permanent Resident Fee: December, 2009
CAIPS status (PSDEC 1, 3.11.2009. SELDEC 0. MEDDEC 0)
Current Application Status: In Process

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sashali78 said:
You are right. Winning the lawsuit doesn't necessarily means that the PR application will be processed, either within a year or five years. Also, it doesn't mean they will be processed by the pre-2008 applications standards or any others as expected by the applicants. In fact, there are 1001 reasons why application can be rejected. I am all for the litigation as a right cause to show CIC they are not above the law and prevent them from acting so in the future (although i doubt they will learn) but I think everyone needs to plan his life ahead regardless the outcome of the court decision.
Wonder to know what your fill as a litigant? Learning from some posts here that very emotional regarding the lawsuit, I fill my position as non-litigant is better where the lawsuit is not influence my life emotionally. I would strictly agree that life must go ahead regardless the lawsuit outcome. Let the lawyers do their jobs :D

/b

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
belitang said:
Wonder to know what your fill as a litigant? Learning from some posts here that very emotional regarding the lawsuit, I fill my position as non-litigant is better where the lawsuit is not influence my life emotionally. I would strictly agree that life must go ahead regardless the lawsuit outcome. Let the lawyers do their jobs :D

/b
I am a pre-2008 applicant, but not a litigant. I am working in Canada for the last 2.5 years so it is easier for me to be less emotional than others...

belitang

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0213/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Oct 2006
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sashali78 said:
I am a pre-2008 applicant, but not a litigant. I am working in Canada for the last 2.5 years so it is easier for me to be less emotional than others...
No wonder...
/b

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may 2012 u tube (with Mario) about 2002 issue where the gov lost when they tried to bring in new law in between the application processing time .. points raised to 75/100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zDL34jNnVo&feature=plcp

bdzahid

Nov 17, 2009
belitang said:
Hi bdzahid,

We are in a same stage. More interesting, our status is almost the same.

Questioning about what next: I, my self, will run my current life as good as I can. For me, Canadian PR is just about the future. If I can get it, it may change the way of my life. If not, my current life is not bad. I just follow the wise words that never put away your sandal if don't have a new one. So, there is no next until we get the PR. Other than that, we must live like we have never apply the PR.

/b
Thanks ! appreciated !!

can88da

Jan 9, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
AOR Received.
21-02-2008
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
No use in crying over spilled milk however a friend of mine had told me in 2003 to apply for Canadian immigration after the government lowered the points from 75 to 67. He immigrated in 2005. I didn't and wasted 5 years to apply in 2008 and result is a total loss.

My advice to every one

Go do what you want today rather wait and lose it forever

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
while we are waiting for the decision of the federal court on the litigation, we can start thinking of other options. or just live our present lives. i assume many of us are not doing bad either in the countries we are currently residing. canada is a dream; it may or may not be a dream come true. we can make other choices though.

Buttercup

Jan 26, 2013
can88da said:
No use in crying over spilled milk however a friend of mine had told me in 2003 to apply for Canadian immigration after the government lowered the points from 75 to 67. He immigrated in 2005. I didn't and wasted 5 years to apply in 2008 and result is a total loss.

My advice to every one

Go do what you want today rather wait and lose it forever
Hi , this is my 1st post ever (although I'm here since 2005 and love to read all the posts who related to backlogers as my brother fall in this category , he is sep 2005 applicant ...me with family applied in Dec 2000 (Colombo visa post)and migrated in 2004 ( as my husband was busy in his project and we enter Canada when visa was getting nearly expired. I told my brother to apply with me but he didn't listen and wasted his time :mad:
2nd thing we advice him do it your own but he went through sun consultant and wasted his money too. :mad:

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
e client status not working. Updating????

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Till recently in many visa posts we could see movement in pre 2008 cases.
Only in the case of New Delhi VO never heard of anyone from
pre 2008 getting medical request or visa after early 2010...I wonder why this discrimination.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
@Feb 2004,
Kenneys backlog (MI1) is highest in ND than other VOs. That could be the reason.

Sujman

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2007
Doc's Request.
05-01-2009
AOR Received.
08-01-2008
IELTS Request
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
nish2008 said:
Hi Sujman
You can exactly know your status from your CAIPS. Apply for CAIPS, it will take 1 - 1.5 months time.
I applied to Colombo VO in Dec 2007, did Meds in Jan 2012 and still my case is terminated as per CAIPS. I joined to litigation in Jan 2013.
Please disclose your VO, then an assumption could be made

My VO is Colombo and the SELDEC in my CAIPS is 9 what is this mean?
You have your CAIPS with you. When did you obtain your CAIPS?. If you get ur recent CAIPS, you can come know exact situation. Usually SELDEC should be either 0 or 1. I am not sure meaning with 9. Probably you can shoot a request to Quorax or a very senior person in forum/ or a thread. By the way if you are based in Sri Lanka why do not you give me a call to 0773659613. I know another 4 in same situation like me (completed medicals and still affected by new legislation) based on Colombo VO.