zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
tuyen said:
Which would you rather be?
Poor and happy?
Or rich and happy?

I've been both, and I can tell you from personal experience that being rich and happy is much better than being poor.
I would rather be poor and happy, rather than rich and UNhappy

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
I won't comment on being right or wrong, but yes, there was a time when I had to wait 18 months to enter Canada on a family visa. I was very young at the time, so the waiting for me was obviously not as difficult as it is for people who are waiting as adults.

I actually DO hope that one day you get your PR also. But I hope it will be when the Canadian economy is in substantially better shape than it is today.
Much Appreciated comment Tuyen. i hope in case i get through will meet you in canada. " Life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass. its about learning to dance in the rain". and your comment on processing all apllications in 300 days well that calls for trouble for many.... wish you all the best and you have a good time in Germany with your GF..

Happy days aint yet over mate.. lets wait for the verdict. some where some hope building up innit!!
Cheers

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
"The would-be immigrants' lawyers have asked for processing of the files to resume within 30 days and completed within 300 days of a judgment."

That was a REALLY bad thing to ask for.

How can the lawyers possibly expect CIC to process 278,391 applications in 300 days!?

If I'm at CIC and the judge tells me "you have to process all those applications in 300 days", guess what the most likely outcome will be? Big fat REJECTION stamps on almost every application just to meet the deadline.

If I was cynical, I would say that these lawyers don't really WANT these people to emigrate to Canada, which is why they tried to sabotage their cases with such a ridiculous demand.
The would be immigrants lawyers are the commision bench which was assigned to study the backlog cases

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zolter said:
As much as it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, I still have to agree that you are right in your point of view and position as an Canadian citizen.
Get some honey for that sour taste in your mouth. :p

And as I've been saying to others, I respect the fact that you've been waiting, and I sincerely do hope that one day you get to come to Canada. It's a wonderful place to live...and I already miss it, even though I've only been out of the country for a few days.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe07 said:
The would be immigrants lawyers are the commision bench which was assigned to study the backlog cases
Are you sure? I thought lawyers like Tim Leahy and Mario Bellissimo were chosen by the litigants and were not assigned by the court.

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
tuyen said:
Get some honey for that sour taste in your mouth. :p

And as I've been saying to others, I respect the fact that you've been waiting, and I sincerely do hope that one day you get to come to Canada. It's a wonderful place to live...and I already miss it, even though I've only been out of the country for a few days.
I know, my parents, brother and his family are all there and are citizens. I so much want to join them even though my Australian immigration application is showing green light.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
Are you sure? I thought lawyers like Tim Leahy and Mario Bellissimo were chosen by the litigants and were not assigned by the court.
Not positive about that comment but i had read in an article that there was a commission bench which was assigned to study about this case when CIC initially decided to terminate the applications. " Assuming that the so called would be lawyers are them ". since no one has any concrete answer we run this forum on assumptions/links/and news. i hope i am right on my comments. Tim and Mario are representing the litigants who has been paid by the litigants. i am referring to a bench which was neutral.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zolter said:
I know, my parents, brother and his family are all there and are citizens. I so much want to join them even though my Australian immigration application is showing green light.
So if your whole family is already in Canada, how did you get left behind?

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
I am assuming that he is referring to his father's brother's family ;) and not his family..

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
tuyen said:
I applied in 2004. :(

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe07 said:
I am assuming that he is referring to his father's brother's family ;) and not his family..
It's possible, but from the way I read it, he said "my parents, brother, and his family"...so his parents would be his mom and dad, plus his brother who has a family of his own.

Sounds to me like they ran off and left him behind. :-\

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
joe07 said:
NO. My own parents, my own brother and his family. they applied in 2002. Lucky them.

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
tuyen said:
It's possible, but from the way I read it, he said "my parents, brother, and his family"...so his parents would be his mom and dad, plus his brother who has a family of his own.

Sounds to me like they ran off and left him behind. :-\
You can say that again. lol :p