App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Suppose: if you are in a long waiting at Macdonald/Costco etc and takes eight long hours to reach the cashier and he said come to the new line M1 this line is outdated and take your refund. How will you react ? (and if you already paid than ?) your true expression please.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
People do buy lottery tickets where the chances are 1 out of millions and keep expecting, the ture sad suitation will be where the chances are as much as 1 out of 2 and thats keep the hope/disappointment very high till end.

avijitsg

Sep 23, 2012
Hi tuyen,
I think you are so called new Canadian OR not have job there because lack of education. Have not much skilled to do work in Canada so worried about new skilled worker. When the application(FSW) submitted, CIC promised that the law will be applied when the application was submitted and if law change that will not effect to the applicants. For your information the applicants are more skilled than the present employes in Canada. For your information my relatives those are living there they are not unemployed, they doing good job than the original Canada people. :p :-* ;)

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
tuyen said:
All processing fees will be fully refunded to anyone who was affected by the decision.
Yes sure the original fees will be refunded, but what about the interest? 180 million dollars should have a huge amount of interest, the CIC has made advantage of our fees and now they only want to refund the original! the word robbery will not an exaggeration to describe the situation here.
besides, what about the other costs like eilts, lawyers, translation and issuing of documents? some people paid thousands in their currency to apply ,,,,and now they are going to refund the original application fees only ?

tuyen said:
As far as "suddenly aware", well, yes...I think the financial meltdown that started in 2008 (and is still continuing today) made it very obvious that the labour market in Canada is currently in no position to accept people from other parts of the world, when Canadian citizens are desperate to find work in their own country
As far as I Know your country is still admitting 250,000 people annually in spite of the alleged work crisis,,,,,,some of those are even parents or grandparents of citizens who do not contribute to your economy at all!! are not the pre 2008 applicants more capable of work than the 70 years old grandparent?

tuyen said:
I'm willing to bet that there was also no mention that the applicant has a right to expect automatic entry into Canada just because he filled out an application during good economic times.
what do you mean by automatic? CIC has put certain measures which the pre 2008 met, CIC should meet its commitment to issue visas to all who scored 67 according to thier system ,,,,,it is not the poor applicants who put the system, it is Canada,,,,now is it too much to ask Canada to act according to its own system?

tuyen said:
So what's your point? Are you saying you want to move to Canada with your post-graduate education and work at McDonald's or Walmart for minimum wage?
My point is to demonstrate that your account of people waiting under rain and spending overnight in front of a job offer is full of exaggeration and can not be true.

And by the way I am one of the fewest pre 2008 applicants whose application has been processed and will not be closed, but, contrary to you, the fact that I am not affected by the unfair CIC decision does not make me less sympathetic with those who were

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
Hello everyone, this forum is to keep us all updated and informed about our immigrations statuses, please lets stick to the topic. ;D Lets not bad mouth one another. I know there's a lot of us who are frustrated and disagree on how CIC works (i'm also pre Feb 2008), all i can say is we will prevail at the end. :p

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I find it only so provoking how some peopl, who are not affected by the CIC elimination of pre 2008 files, are so inconsiderate and so indifferent to the suffering of others

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
kiwi1 said:
Canadian Unemployment at 7.4%
Statistics Canada reported that the unemployment rate was unchanged at 7.4% in October. Employment is up by 229,000 compared with a year ago, almost entirely in full-time jobs. Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador gained in employment, while it declined in British Columbia and Manitoba.
@Kiwi Please don't let the frustation of tuyen bother you. I strongly believe that he is either one of the cruel CIC staff or (most probably) one of the jobless 7.4%.

As far as unfair is concerned-yes, CIC had not been fair. As at the time I was applying, it was pretty clear on their website that if my points were above the "cut-off" mark, they would process my application and finally give my permanent residency. And for your information, Canada was not taking me on refugee status. I was to go their to improve their economy with my skills, hello, that is why it is called Federal SKILL workers Class.
And if you do not need our (FSW) services, why do u ask us to apply (@tuyen: I am assuming you are one of conservative CIC supporter) in the first place? Please go and brush up on your moral philosophy.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
what type of hearing is on 23rd of nov? I have read some where two days are kept for this hearing. Hope some crucial decsion/judgement be delivered on that day.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
hopefulever said:
what type of hearing is on 23rd of nov? I have read some where two days are kept for this hearing. Hope some crucial decsion/judgement be delivered on that day.
@hopefulever,
dear, yes 23rd & 30th of november are fixed for the hearing for class-action lawsuit,Mr.Bellissimo is representing that case on these allocated days.Plz pray 4 everyone.
Regards.
Jevan.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
Yes sure the original fees will be refunded, but what about the interest? 180 million dollars should have a huge amount of interest, the CIC has made advantage of our fees and now they only want to refund the original! the word robbery will not an exaggeration to describe the situation here.
besides, what about the other costs like eilts, lawyers, translation and issuing of documents? some people paid thousands in their currency to apply ,,,,and now they are going to refund the original application fees only ?
Those other costs are not refundable - for ANY immigration application - regardless of if it's working class, family class, or anything else.
And I'll remind you again that when a person decides to go through any immigration procedure, they have to be willing to bear the costs involved, AND they have to be prepared for the possibility that they will not get approved.

hopeful4 said:
As far as I Know your country is still admitting 250,000 people annually in spite of the alleged work crisis,,,,,,some of those are even parents or grandparents of citizens who do not contribute to your economy at all!! are not the pre 2008 applicants more capable of work than the 70 years old grandparent?
You can be sure that grandparents are not coming here to work. They're coming to live with (and be supported by) their families.
And it's not an "alleged" work crisis. When the unemployment rate is 7.4% (but is actually much higher), that's not ALLEGED - that's reality. Under ideal economic conditions, the unemployment rate should be around 5%, so when it's at 7.4%, then yes, it's a serious problem.

As far as the 250,000 people being admitted each year, the majority of those are coming in under the worker class system, which I don't agree with. I think priority should be given to the family class, for obvious reasons. And for those that DO come here under the family class, there's no guarantee that they will be able to find work any time soon, which is why the government of Canada requires the sponsor to sign a document saying that he or she will be financially responsible to take care of the person for a period of 3 years for adults, and 10 years for children.

hopeful4 said:
My point is to demonstrate that your account of people waiting under rain and spending overnight in front of a job offer is full of exaggeration and can not be true.
You don't live here. But I do.
So I think I'm in a far better position to speak on what is or is not happening in Canada.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/business/article/1523622--huge-lines-at-oshawa-costco-job-fair

hopeful4 said:
And by the way I am one of the fewest pre 2008 applicants whose application has been processed and will not be closed, but, contrary to you, the fact that I am not affected by the unfair CIC decision does not make me less sympathetic with those who were
Yes, I can sympathize with those people, but I don't feel the same sense of ENTITLEMENT for them that you seem to feel. As I said, getting into Canada was never PROMISED to anyone who filled out an application. If you got accepted, that's great, but neither you nor anyone else who applied should feel that they took something away from you, because that's not the case. Until you receive your visa with an "APPROVED" stamp on it, you should go on the assumption that it will most likely not happen.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avijitsg said:
Hi tuyen,
I think you are so called new Canadian OR not have job there because lack of education. Have not much skilled to do work in Canada so worried about new skilled worker.
I've been a Canadian for 31 years. I'm well educated, and I've had my own business for the last 12 years.
My concern is not about myself, but for the millions of other Canadians who can't find work, while at the same time the government is bringing in tens of thousands of people from OUTSIDE of Canada. This is completely insane during a time of poor economic conditions.

avijitsg said:
When the application(FSW) submitted, CIC promised that the law will be applied when the application was submitted and if law change that will not effect to the applicants.
The law didn't change - the ECONOMY changed.
Why should Canada continue to import millions of workers if there will not be any work for them?

avijitsg said:
For your information the applicants are more skilled than the present employes in Canada. For your information my relatives those are living there they are not unemployed, they doing good job than the original Canada people. :p :-* ;)
Congratulations to your relatives and to all the skilled workers. But it doesn't change the fact that the unemployment rate here is still 7.4% (although the real number is much higher), and it doesn't change the fact that Canada should not be bringing in outside workers when its own citizens are not able to find work.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zolter said:
@ Kiwi Please don't let the frustation of tuyen bother you. I strongly believe that he is either one of the cruel CIC staff or (most probably) one of the jobless 7.4%.
Actually, I have my own successful business, and I'm not part of the "cruel" CIC.
The CIC is not there to be NICE to you or to be CRUEL to you. It's there to oversee the immigration of people wanting to get into Canada from every part of the world. Obviously not EVERYONE can come here, otherwise Canada's population would jump to 4 billion people. So I'm sorry if that makes CIC appear to be "cruel", but you're looking at it through a sense of entitlement, and I'd like to remind you that you're not entitled to anything in life except personal freedom to pursue your own path.

zolter said:
And if you do not need our (FSW) services, why do u ask us to apply
EXACTLY! You're exactly right.
Canada is experiencing bad economic times right now, so we don't need your FSW services at the moment.
When you applied, those were very different times with very different circumstances. But you know what? Things changed, so you have to adapt. And in the future (hopefully soon), when the economy improves, I'm sure Canada will once again start accepting many more applications for skilled workers. That's how it goes - when there are jobs available, workers are in demand - and when there are no jobs available, workers are not in demand.

zolter said:
@ tuyen: I am assuming you are one of conservative CIC supporter) in the first place? Please go and brush up on your moral philosophy.
So you're saying that if YOU are not allowed into Canada, that makes ME an immoral person? You're the perfect example of what I've been saying in previous posts about people who feel that it's somehow their RIGHT to come to Canada. I have news for you: it's not a RIGHT to come here - it's a PRIVILEGE. And just because I want the Canadian government to exercise SANE immigration policies doesn't mean I lack morals. In fact, I would argue that a person with no morals is one who calls another person immoral with no justification whatsoever.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
9th of November and counting down to the hearings of 18th and 23rd of this month,,,,,
I am thinking of withdrawing my file from Cohen , since my immigration file is still being processed and will not be closed,,,,but I am waiting to see what will be the outcome of the next hearings.

Mancilla

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2012
http://www.caledoncitizen.com/news/
2012-11-08/Our_Readers_Write/Conservative_actions_speak_louder_than_words_on_ve.html

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
hopeful4 said:
9th of November and counting down to the hearings of 18th and 23rd of this month,,,,,
I am thinking of withdrawing my file from Cohen , since my immigration file is still being processed and will not be closed,,,,but I am waiting to see what will be the outcome of the next hearings.
Every file is in process as on date. Dont be excited to withdraw feeling you will be processed. You may get shocking news of closing of file in 2013 ist half. wait for it.