Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
warmest said:
Hi SAC,

If I were in your position, I will not spend my savings to get an additional educational qualification, which is not going to guarantee you a job at the end. You say that your savings can only help you to last for one year. That is alarming. With this minimal savings, you should not at all venture into this sort of a route. I would suggest you to save whatever money you have and, if possible, invest them in equities or other investment vehicles which can multiply your money. But again, you need to be very careful while investing your money. You will need a lot of money once you immigrate to Canada. The money can be used to buy a house or a car. Taking your age into consideration, you need to be more prudent when it comes to saving and spending money. :)

I would sincerely suggest you to first immigrate to Canada and find a job and then think about pursuing a master's degree.

I will suggest you some other good options through my postings, which you can expect in the next few days. :)
My dear Warmest:

Thank you for your kind words and advice. I deeply appreciate it. Once you are there in Canada and I am too, and if we cross our paths surely we can talk about these moments where we suffer the angst of waiting for an answer to an intimate dream of moving into a country that seem to act like it is closing its doors on us. I have two sisters in Canada. One is a Canadian citizen residing in Montreal and the other one is in Vancouver, soon to get Canadian citizenship too with her entire family. I feel I could survive once I am there. I could do volunteer work and get some job outside or inside McGill campus if I am lucky to get some admission there. I pray to God I would some admission there and then submit an application for a student visa.

I am looking forward to hearing some more advice from you on money matters.

SAC

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
You are welcome SAC.

Since you have your Canadian citizen sister in Montreal, it will be a good idea to apply in McGill University which is also in Montreal. Maybe you can ask your sister to enquire in the Social Work Department of the university of whether they can offer any scholarship to you for study. She can also enquire in the local NGOs or community development organisations or Catholic churches of whether they can sponsor you for studies by signing a work bond with you (meaning, you will have to work for them for a particular period once you complete your studies). The Filipino community in Canada is quite big and you will be able to find some resources with them as well. Give a try.

If you are a single, how about dating a Pinoy girl from Canada? Better late than never. ;D I am sorry, if I had embarrassed you. :(

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
warmest said:
Hi wounderful,
I appreciate your service mentality. Keep it up! ;D

I just love the proverb '100 hits of goldsmith will not bear 01 single hit of blacksmith'. Is this a Pakistani proverb?
By the way, who is CIC according to you? Goldsmith or blacksmith?
Hello Warmest:

Yes it is Indian/Pakistani proverb and according to use CIC is Goldsmith.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
warmest said:
Hi wounderful,
I agree with you. The bill was based on falsehood, and not based on facts.
I really wonder (sorry, wounder) why CIC is making a fool of all of us. Worth wo(u)ndering! ;D
CIC has hurt all of us and we are all wounded (our bodies are full of wounds). :(
We all are wonderfully wounded. Are we not? ;D
Hi Warmest:

Yes, we all wounded wonderfully since over 8 years and now our turn this year :)

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Hello Members:

I think if our lawyers makes their charges $ 100 for joining and $ 400 for wining, there will be over 10,000 possible litigants. Agree ?

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
According to Mr. Bellissimo website the deadlien to join litigation is 12 November. Any idea about other Lawyers ? and is it means that the deadline is actual for us or may be extended ?

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
wounderful said:
Dear Canlove:

We will fight for our right and not for the results or out come, also to let them know that similar Acts in future will be treated with more strong protest. Who knows that if we keep our voice close next backlog Act will be for M1, M2 and M3 and that is why we are in litigation not only for us but for the future as well.

Please just pray for our win we have laready wasted lot of our time for them (CIC) now let us waste one year for ourselfes. 100 suhar ki Aik Lohar Ki. (this means 100 hits of goldsmith will not bear 01 single hit of blacksmith).
I totally agree with you. Eventhough we don't win the battle that does not mean we will not win the war for others. It is possible that because of our litigations others in the future will not have to go through what we are going through.
If one could waste 8 years waiting for a CIC's decision, an additional $500 on litigation would not kill. At least I would say, "I have tried my VERY best".

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zolter said:
If one could waste 8 years waiting for a CIC's decision, an additional $500 on litigation would not kill. At least I would say, "I have tried my VERY best".
So let me see if I understand what you're saying..
You wasted 8 years of your life waiting? Really?
So you did absolutely NOTHING except wake up every morning, wait for a decision, and then go to sleep? And you did that for 8 years? Wow...that's amazing. You must be a very bored and very rich person, so you obviously don't need to come to Canada for work.

Now...let's have a small dose of something called "reality", shall we?
When you submitted your application, you knew exactly what the wait times were, and you also knew that you would have to live your life just as you did every other day until your application got approved and until you arrived in Canada. You also knew that there was no guarantee that your application would be approved. So if you "wasted" 8 years of your life on a wild assumption, then really, whose fault is that?

Also, I really don't see the merits of this lawsuit. Being allowed into Canada from a foreign country is not a RIGHT - it's a privilege. The Canadian government is well within its rights to stop accepting applications for new immigrants - especially in the worker class - if it deems it to be in the best interests of the country. Last time I checked, Canada wasn't facing a labour shortage, so it would seem rather insane to keep bringing in tens of thousands of foreign workers while Canadian citizens themselves can't even find work.

Those who have already had their applications approved will continue to be processed. Those who have not been approved will have their application fees refunded.

What's the problem? Why the big uproar? It's not like people who have already been approved are suddenly being told, "sorry...we changed our minds...we don't want you anymore."

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so when exactly did you check?...how exactly did you know that Canada wasn't facing a labour shortage...have you got stats to support your argument?....

tuyen said:
Last time I checked, Canada wasn't facing a labour shortage, so it would seem rather insane to keep bringing in tens of thousands of foreign workers while Canadian citizens themselves can't even find work.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwi1 said:
so when exactly did you check?...how exactly did you know that Canada wasn't facing a labour shortage...
Seriously? How do I know? Because I'm living on planet Earth, in the real world, and not in some disconnected fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns. If there was a labour shortage, companies would have "NOW HIRING" signs all over the place, and people would be picking and choosing where to work and would be able to pretty much dictate salaries, bonuses, and holidays. Instead, we have 4000 people lining up for 110 PART-TIME jobs at Costco, standing outside in the rain, and sleeping overnight just for a chance at an interview - with no guarantees of being hired. That's how I know.

kiwi1 said:
have you got stats to support your argument?....
Stats? How about the unemployment rate of 7.4% which is the official number, but the REAL unemployment rate is considerably higher due to the fact that many have stopped looking, and after their EI (employment insurance) has run out, they're no longer part of the statistics, but they're still very much unemployed. Oh and did I mention people sleeping outside in the rain for a 1-in-40 chance at a part-time job with Costco?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Unemployment at 7.4%
Statistics Canada reported that the unemployment rate was unchanged at 7.4% in October. Employment is up by 229,000 compared with a year ago, almost entirely in full-time jobs. Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador gained in employment, while it declined in British Columbia and Manitoba.

tuyen said:
Stats? How about the unemployment rate of 7.4% which is the official number, but the REAL unemployment rate is considerably higher due to the fact that many have stopped looking, and after their EI (employment insurance) has run out, they're no longer part of the statistics, but they're still very much unemployed. Oh and did I mention people sleeping outside in the rain for a 1-in-40 chance at a part-time job with Costco?

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Tuyen I am really surprised that someone has the guts to defend the unethical decision of CIC just among the people who were most affected by it.
Off course Canada has the right to admit or reject as many immigrants as its labour market demands, but did CIC suddenly become aware of such demands after 8 years of accepting the applications, asking for documents, requesting ielts, and INVESTING THE PROCESSING FEES
The conditions which the pre feb 20008 applicants applied under stated that the applicant will be accepted if he achieves the 67 points, there was no mention wheresoever that CIC Has the right to terminate the application from one side against the wish of the applicant. This is the contract which we signed with CIC and these are the conditions which CIC betrayed.
And you say the 8 years were not lost for applicants, I will not write about the lost chances and all the anticipation those people had and the great frustration they have to go through now (it takes some humanity to appreciate these points which I doubt you have) but I will only stress one point: after those 8 years most applicants grew older than the privileged age group for CIC, depriving them of the chance of re-applying for immigration to Canada or any other country. CIC has the shamelessness now to complain that those applicants have grown old and will not fit into the system!! remind me again who left them waiting for 8 years?

Again CIC claims that the pre 2008 applicants do not have the enough qualifications,,,,while I assure you that a very high percentage of those applicants have exactly the same qualifications of the privileged applicants who later applied Under MI1 and MI3 and who jumped the queue of people who applied 6 or 7 years ealier.
Nevertheless, had CIC asked the pre 2008 applicants back in 2008 to reapply under the new system, most of them would have done so,,,,,,,but does CIC care to leave people waiting 4 more years to admit that its own system is corrupt?
Now that it is obvious that the immigration system is corrupt and needs reform, CIC wants the pre 2008 alone to pay the high price of its own mistakes ,,,why?

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
tuyen said:
Seriously? How do I know? Because I'm living on planet Earth, in the real world, and not in some disconnected fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns. If there was a labour shortage, companies would have "NOW HIRING" signs all over the place, and people would be picking and choosing where to work and would be able to pretty much dictate salaries, bonuses, and holidays. Instead, we have 4000 people lining up for 110 PART-TIME jobs at Costco, standing outside in the rain, and sleeping overnight just for a chance at an interview - with no guarantees of being hired. That's how I know.

Tuyen do you really think we are fools? we are educated people, most of us completed postgraduate studies as well,,,,,,,
This same forum is full other testimonies which clearly state that it is very easy to get a physical job in MaCdonals or Walmart,,,,I would have quoted them if not for the effort of search and time which I do not have

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
Tuyen I am really surprised that someone has the guts to defend the unethical decision of CIC just among the people who were most affected by it.
Just because you and a bunch of other self-entitled people feel it's unethical, doesn't mean it's unethical.

hopeful4 said:
Off course Canada has the right to admit or reject as many immigrants as its labour market demands, but did CIC suddenly become aware of such demands after 8 years of accepting the applications, asking for documents, requesting ielts, and INVESTING THE PROCESSING FEES
All processing fees will be fully refunded to anyone who was affected by the decision.
As far as "suddenly aware", well, yes...I think the financial meltdown that started in 2008 (and is still continuing today) made it very obvious that the labour market in Canada is currently in no position to accept people from other parts of the world, when Canadian citizens are desperate to find work in their own country.

hopeful4 said:
The conditions which the pre feb 20008 applicants applied under stated that the applicant will be accepted if he achieves the 67 points, there was no mention wheresoever that CIC Has the right to terminate the application from one side against the wish of the applicant.
But I'm willing to bet that there was also no mention that the applicant has a right to expect automatic entry into Canada just because he filled out an application during good economic times.

hopeful4 said:
And you say the 8 years were not lost for applicants, I will not write about the lost chances and all the anticipation those people had
You're talking about LOSING something which was never guaranteed in the first place. How can you "lose" 8 years? I assume people were going on with their daily lives doing all the things they normally would do ANYWAY, even if they never applied. As far as "lost chances" and anticipation - you can't say you've lost something that was never yours to begin with. By that logic, I can say "oh my god...I lost so many millions of dollars from all those lotteries that I never played in the last 8 years!"

hopeful4 said:
and the great frustration they have to go through now (it takes some humanity to appreciate these points which I doubt you have) but I will only stress one point: after those 8 years most applicants grew older than the privileged age group for CIC, depriving them of the chance of re-applying for immigration to Canada or any other country. CIC has the shamelessness now to complain that those applicants have grown old and will not fit into the system!! remind me again who left them waiting for 8 years?
First of all, you need to understand that those people who grew older were never guaranteed anything. Each person who filled out an application knew that there was one of two possible outcomes: either they will be accepted, or they will be rejected. And as far as growing older, the few points that you lost in the age category, you will make up for it in the other category of work experience. Yes, you're older, but you're also more valuable as an experienced worker. So the net result is the same.

hopeful4 said:
Now that it is obvious that the immigration system is corrupt and needs reform, CIC wants the pre 2008 alone to pay the high price of its own mistakes ,,,why?
Again, I will remind you that nobody is paying the price for anything, because nobody was PROMISED anything. The people who DID get accepted will continue to be processed. And just because you want to label it as a "corrupt system" and "needs reform" and "its own mistakes", doesn't mean that those things are true. The simple fact is that if the world economy (and the Canadian economy as a result) was strong, then none of this would've happened, and all of those people who were waiting would be getting into Canada - plus a lot of additional people also. But the reality is that we DON'T have the strong economy that would be needed to justify having all those people flooding into the labour market right now.

hopeful4 said:
Tuyen do you really think we are fools? we are educated people, most of us completed postgraduate studies as well,,,,,,,
No, I don't think you're fools. I don't know you, so why would I think you're a fool?
It's wonderful that you're educated and you have all kinds of post-graduate studies. That means you should have a very easy time getting work in your home country, or in another country that needs people with your specific skills and qualifications.

hopeful4 said:
This same forum is full other testimonies which clearly state that it is very easy to get a physical job in MaCdonals or Walmart,,,,I would have quoted them if not for the effort of search and time which I do not have
So what's your point? Are you saying you want to move to Canada with your post-graduate education and work at McDonald's or Walmart for minimum wage?

Gaber1

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
You are talking like a bank accepted FD for few years and promised to return after maturity to pay back some advantage to the customer. But suppose bank refuse to give the interest and only his amout is refunded ,what will be your reaction? TERI GAAND FATT JAUUU.