+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Guys ecas is showing medical results received. In the past this message is a sign that pr is within few weeks away but not anymore.

cesagbiggeo

Apr 1, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Que100 said:
Guys ecas is showing medical results received. In the past this message is a sign that pr is within few weeks away but not anymore.
That's what I hear as well
Congratulation anyway... :p

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
congrats que100 ;)

match

Nov 3, 2010
Mine also says "Medical Results Received" as of today. I REALLY hope this means something positive is coming soon!

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hi ae03yy,

I just could talk with my friend (a friend of friend). He has also recieved the PPR by regular USPS service! No email. However, he has recieved the transfer email just 2 days before you. So I think yours is on its way. I don't understand why they send it by mail! In his case they have requested 2 photos 35 by 45 and with the head to chin of 31 to 36.

I also talked with the two other guy who have recieved their passports back and they told me you don't need any other photo when landing! So you just need 2 photos.

Be happy my friend, atleast you will have some thing this week. For us whos files stayed in Buffalo I think there is another waiting period after recieving the IA letter.

Thanks,
Hadal

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
match said:
Mine also says "Medical Results Received" as of today. I REALLY hope this means something positive is coming soon!
No change in my side. Still says "Application Received"

Why the heck am I the only one without any update? So frustrating

armin

May 31, 2011
Guys my adress disappeared from ecas this morning, i hope that i'll hear from them soon. tanné d'attendre!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Looks like we are having a lot of activity (IA notifications, "medicals" received notifications, address disappearing/reappearing)....
Thank God , Buffalo is waking up from a loooong slumber !!

However , these guys still have problems. Why do they get to notify people 3 months after they actually received the medical from Ottawa. for example , I am pretty sure they got mine around 30 April - 4 May. Why not notify us then ? and these PPR letters in mail ... It is a waste both in time and money. Email is fast and less expensive than USPS (unless they are just creating jobs for postal men ??).

Congrats to anyone with any sign from Buffalo.

Stay blessed & keep :p

nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Congrats Que100 and match i think like hadal said that it's possible you get a letter soon (PPR). Otherwise, they'll simply send an email. I also think I'll have a letter in the mail and no email from Seattle. So, keep checking your emails and mailbox this week and the next.

i know you'll have ppr though it's just a time of when and how.

Hadal, I'll go and do the pics later on today: my work schedule is short these days as i work only mornings 3-4hrs. While investigating yesterday I read that the specs for the pictures in Seatttl are the ones for visas. So, exactly same as visitor visas and Hadal just confirmed it. Thank you so much, now I wait for the letter and off it goes. You deserve a big applaud !

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Please anyone

Tell me the return envelop for fedex, can i use in-Canada waybill? or it has to be the int'l one?
-if i pick in-Canada i can use the xpress overnight which costs around $25 online
-but with intl' i dont think i can put my address as both sender and recipient; it also cost $20 more to use that one. so plz any advice.

I'm illeterate when it comes to fedex but know that Seattle wants me to put my mailling address as sender and "receveur"

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Congrats Que100, match, and Clément007
I am a bit worried since I am the only one who has no news at all.
Fingers crossed.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tisu09 said:
Congrats Que100, match, and Clément007
I am a bit worried since I am the only one who has no news at all.
Fingers crossed.
Count me in. I'm also the one without any news.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
from my IT experience i learned that eCAS works one step behind in most cases. Like if you see Medical rec'd it means they just/already sent PPR. Same when they say to wcikkk application received they are clearly working on the next step and sent AOR + Medical. Why do they seem like fooling ppl? It's simple!
Ecas was built for applications that are processed oversea. So, the goal back then was to create something to show applicants where they are in the process, not what is going to happen. So, many Visa office took advantage of the situation and setup their system in a way that applicants receives the letter and ecas status change at once. They delayed the system till the following system update (Tues) to give them time to mail.

Now when someone like us had already access to the Ecas via Client ID, he could see whatever was going on because he did not need to await for AOR to finally access the system. From that situation if your client ID is old enough to be part of the first system that was designed for Ecas you may still see what is happening as a way to prepare yourself for a letter/email. Like the case of match and Que100, they maybe mailed your letters on Friday or Thursday. As a result you now see the update online. This doesn't mean they just received your medical but that they already moved to the next level. When fallsage and i respectively got the email of transfert it is only last Tues that i saw eCAS showing the actual message online "we transferred your file on the 3rd".

This is why applicants should not rely blindly on eCAS as a indication of what they are doing but rather what they did last. I can assure you wcikk that yes your file arrived but they are way ahead in the process, yet you will see this popping when they move next to PPR. In some rere case applicants was able to access ecas when they received PPR and some others had a listing of stuffs coming(like we started processing, we received medical, we transferred your file, we made a decision on your case, you successfully landed...) when they landed.

I also learned not to trust the ppl that answer your email in Buffalo. Like i faxed them my new PPT and the amendment of my name in May and in early June they state to have recd it on CAIPS notes i just got. Yet, i emailed them at the end of June to know if they recd the fax i sent a month prior and even attached a scanned version to my email and asked that they accept it in the advent that the fax got lost. Yet they said basically we dont know and cant tell everything that comes in. They added: We will ask you if smthg is missing anyways.
So, i believe that not every agent will really check the file before replying. Or maybe, while an agent looks at your file no one else can access it thus if s.o. else reads your message he cant really provide accurate info but they wont say that and just send a generic email back... we are processing your file, like que100 received few days ago.
Unless you re really beggin and move them deeply or it is urgent and really require them to access the system, they wont. Happens all the time with public service. And it makes me sometimes wonder : do they really want me in? or is it a way to create jobs for the gov't and look cool abroad and of course keep the economy going?

DO THEY WANT US ALL OR THEY NEED US? what's your views and experience!!