+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

adraj2506

Mar 29, 2017
I applied for inland spousal sponsorship.
Date Received : 28th Feb 2022.

Received AOR : 28th Apr 2022.
Received request for Medical : 28th Apr 2022.

Received request for Bio-Metric Fee : 2nd May 2022. I have paid the fee on today(3rd May 2022). I have sent the payment receipt back Via IRCCweb form as it was instructed in the Bio-Metric fee letter.

Do we know any timeline how long it can take to get the Bio-Metric instruction letter to give the Bio-Metrics??

SponsorUAE

May 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am a Canadian citizen and have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022. I can't seem to register my application to the IRCC account even though I received the UCI & Application #, keeps saying that there is an error.
I wanted to know if it is necessary to link your application to the IRCC account or would we receive all notifications through e-mail (my wife hasn't gotten any email, only I as the sponsor have received an email for the AOR)
Also, what are the usual next emails that we would be receiving after the AOR? (I have seen others in this forum receiving SA (Idk what that means), Biometrics Request, and Medical Request. Are all of these usually requested at the same time?)

pmenchions

Jul 11, 2019
Glad to add my application here for my Colombian spouse. Outland application. Received on February 22 which I knew already from tracking. Received confirmation email today May 3rd. UCI and Application numbers provided. No luck creating an online account. ??? Had originally submitted everything last November but the entire package was returned with an enclosed letter stating what information and forms were missing. At least this time around it seems that things are proceeding.

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
I am getting married to be sponsored. Can someone please give me a glossary of the steps. Like when to apply? How long to get date of marriage, how long to receive acceptance of marriage from IRRC. etc We are in Montréal area. Thank you.

marioB96

Sep 15, 2020
Regina
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21 March 2019
Doc's Request.
14 July 2020
AOR Received.
8 May 2019
Glad to add my application here for my Colombian spouse. Outland application. Received on February 22 which I knew already from tracking. Received confirmation email today May 3rd. UCI and Application numbers provided. No luck creating an online account. ??? Had originally submitted everything last November but the entire package was returned with an enclosed letter stating what information and forms were missing. At least this time around it seems that things are proceeding.
The UCI you see in the email is the sponsors . When you link the application try with application number and family name (PAs info) and at the where it says how many people are part of the application include sponsor too.

Mshimpi

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-07-2020
AOR Received.
02-07-2020
Hello,
I applied PR for my wife under Family Sponsorship.
Applied:- Feb 15,2022
AOR:- Mar 6,2022
Medical request:- May 9,2022 (Will get it done on May 12,2022)
Biometrics:- Waiting(Will get biometrics done for her because we got request due to her visitor visa application)

Reactions: Jamesongrand

Buchim

Feb 6, 2022
Applied (online) - Feb 6th 2022
AOR - April 15th
Sponsor Eligibility Confirmation - May 6th
Applicant Medical - May 8th

Ours is an out of Canada application.
Congrats.
I also submitted on Feb 6 and received AOR on April 14. No SA or Biometrics requested yet.
My sponsor tracker was updated on May 9 - We are processing your eligibility.
I wonder why mine is taking that long…

mili_0923

Oct 26, 2021
Hey
I have a question, when you apply for your spouse sponsership online. Its on the PR portal. We have submit our file on March 7, 2022.
next to the submit date there is a little button shows View … does that mean the application has still been not received?
When we submit the file online, we did receive an automated message on the email on the day itself though…
Am I suppose to be worried?

Moumzee

May 12, 2022
Congrats.
I also submitted on Feb 6 and received AOR on April 14. No SA or Biometrics requested yet.
My sponsor tracker was updated on May 9 - We are processing your eligibility.
I wonder why mine is taking that long…

Hi
I am in the similar situation. Applied on 4th Feb , AOR on 14th
Then no update. Linked with Gckey account and permanent tracker.
Why it is taking so long to receive any response

SponsorUAE

May 3, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am a Canadian citizen and have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022. I can't seem to register my application to the IRCC account even though I received the UCI & Application #, keeps saying that there is an error.
The new PR tracker had worked for me (https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/ ) but not the IRCC
I wanted to know if it is necessary to link your application to the IRCC account or would we receive all notifications through e-mail?
My wife/Principal applicant hasn't gotten any email at all, only I as the sponsor have received an email for the AOR.
From the previous threads that i have read, usually the principal applicant receives the Medical request and biometrics around the same time as the AOR, and we haven't received anything as of today (May 08, 2022).
Is it important that the principal applicant receives a separate email with the UCI# and such (because i have heard that the sponsor's and principal's applicant details on the PR Tracker are different, and only the principal applicant would receive request for their medicals and biometrics) or would all details be corresponded through the sponsors email as well?
Any help would be appreciated!

Buchim

Feb 6, 2022
Hi
I am in the similar situation. Applied on 4th Feb , AOR on 14th
Then no update. Linked with Gckey account and permanent tracker.
Why it is taking so long to receive any response
I don‘t know why. Seems they always prioritize some countries even with the volume of applicants from these countries. I received a ghost update on May 11 on my tracker. I hope I get feedback soon.

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Got fresh updates!

PR Application Details: Outland Spouse Sponsorship from Québec (we both live in Québec), wife is a Canadian Citizen. Applied Online.
PR Application: 15-FEB-2022
AOR (Wife received the email): 27-APR-2022
SA (Wife received the email): 17-MAY-2022
Apply for CSQ Request (Wife received the email): 17-MAY-2022
Medical Request: ????? (hopefully the request comes soon)

- My CSQ application is already ready in the envelope, I will send it via Canada Post tomorrow morning (18-MAY-2022).
- Today I was finally able to create an account with the Permanent Tracker.
- Case Processing Centre Sydney

Reactions: SponsorUAE

SponsorUAE

May 3, 2022
I have applied(paper copy) for my wife's(lives in UAE) spousal sponsorship which was received on February 15, 2022. Acknowledging receipt for the application was on April 26, 2022.
Received Biometrics today : May 19, 2022