+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, In IMM-0008 "consent and declaration of applicant" section, Do we need to write "firstname, Lastname" or "firstname Lastname" (without comma).

Uvy

Apr 15, 2021
The next step is set back and wait. If they need anything they'll ask. It's hard to give timelines because a lot depends on the agent who has your file. If you check the spreadsheet you can get an idea of what's happening with other people's applications which can give you an idea about your own.
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Where can I check the spreadsheet and I have a Sponsor Eligibility met email today, what does that mean?

Regards & Thank you

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Where can I check the spreadsheet and I have a Sponsor Eligibility met email today, what does that mean?

Regards & Thank you
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=2051873552

Hi, In IMM-0008 "consent and declaration of applicant" section, Do we need to write "firstname, Lastname" or "firstname Lastname" (without comma).
You don't need to use comma in-between the names.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Hi,

Regards & Thank you
It means they have approved you as a sponsor. They'll now assess your spouse and your relationship

manbir87

Jul 1, 2020
India
AOR Received.
18-01-2021
Med's Request
05-03-2021
Med's Done....
03-04-2021
these stupid rules are madeup and not written anywhere on IRCC website.
These are not madeup rules and its clearly mentioned on their website if you look at it correctly.

although canadian citizen can submit sponsorship application from outside canada, they still have to come back n provide proof of it for immigration people to make final decision on application. you also have to provide detailed future plan of your lives as well. Immigration CIC wont make any decision unless sponsor is back in canada.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hello all,

I have sent my sponsorship application (for my wife) to Sydney, Nova Scotia on March 23rd and the tracking details from Canada post confirms that It got delivered on March 29th. As for the next step! would I be receiving any email with an application number? Just wanted to know how long it might take to get an update and any further inputs/steps from you all.

Thanks and Good luck to all.
usually 1 to 3 months to receive the application number

Reactions: Teja30

Mohammad.farhan1990

Feb 21, 2019
These are not madeup rules and its clearly mentioned on their website if you look at it correctly.

although canadian citizen can submit sponsorship application from outside canada, they still have to come back n provide proof of it for immigration people to make final decision on application. you also have to provide detailed future plan of your lives as well. Immigration CIC wont make any decision unless sponsor is back in canada.
Can you show me where its written that i can not go see my wife for 2 months or 3 months? or take her to a trip to europe or somewhere?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can you show me where its written that i can not go see my wife for 2 months or 3 months? or take her to a trip to europe or somewhere?
Here is the source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html

As you can see this is the operational bulletin/manual for assessing family class sponsorship and specifically the sponsor.

The relevant text is:
"A sponsor must be residing in Canada, unless they are a Canadian citizen residing abroad sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child (provided that the dependent child does not have dependent children of their own) [R130(2)].

Sponsors who maintain a principal residence in Canada are not considered to be in violation of residency requirements if they:
  • take short holidays or business trips outside Canada on a temporary basis

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Still not a clear answer what if someone is stuck in a country due to covid? While trudeau is telling everyone not to travel and stay where u are.
I think the more pertinent question is- if they decide you're not resident because out of the country too long, what are you going to do? Start over?

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
almost 10 weeks ago, no news since
Did you check ECAS?

Mine shows this:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on April 16, 2021.
Idk what it means.

23KGimmi

Feb 1, 2021
Guys I just got my AOR on Mar 25!!
Sponsoring my husband:
application timeline 2021
Jan 9 - Sent to CIC via Fedex Jan 12

Mar 25 - received AOR

Apr 9 - required for my husband’s police certificate (have to upload before 8/May) and Biometrics (auto uploaded when you’re done,due 8/May also)

Apr 12 - approved to sponsor + can link online

Apr 12 - required for body check (they sent me the letter thru my online account)(clinics are very full in HK!!!)(deadline 11/May)

For the police certificate, it’s impossible to send them before the deadline(sent directly to IRCC from HK police, it takes time to book your spot to visit the police and to process), so I’m going to upload the receipt showing that we have paid and did it before the deadline.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Did you check ECAS?

Mine shows this:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on April 16, 2021.
Idk what it means.
mine only has the first line,
urs means they are processing ur application, which can only be good news

Reactions: jazy3313