+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Hassankt

Jan 3, 2022
Hello guys!
I am jan 2021 applicant from Pakistan. Got an email in March that eligibility as a sponsor have been met. File transferred to LVO on March 2021.Medical done in July 2021. Additional PCC certificate requested in August 2021 as the previous one along with application was expired due to over six months period. Activated my status tracker and found out there is a pending task about my biometrics which they had requested in March 2021 but my incompetent immigration consultant had missed that email about my biometrics request which I done eventually in March 2022. Checked the status after a week and it shows biometrics completed on the file. Raised a web forum where they stated that the processing of this application is ongoing and the file is currently in queue to be reviewed by a migration officer. No further updates provided. Don’t know what would be next and how long would they take to update my file. Being away from a family is really hard..

Lizbet

Nov 8, 2021
Hello everyone, I received the golden email today PPR, after a month decion made and pre-arrival services letter. I received AOR February 9, 2021, VO is Kingston. All the best to everyone

Reactions: Shukaib Ahmed

Bananafry

Mar 12, 2022
Hi everyone, we have been waiting 12 months so far. The application was submitted in march 2021.
My question is: is anyone else struggling with their relationship during this waiting period because of long periods not being together ?

Reactions: Shukaib Ahmed

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hi everyone, we have been waiting 12 months so far. The application was submitted in march 2021.
My question is: is anyone else struggling with their relationship during this waiting period because of long periods not being together ?
Obviously its because of depression... if your relationship is strong than i think you don't need to worry about.... its only because of hectic delays and everything...

Ptlhdk

Nov 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I have applied for spousal sponsorship application through online portal on 18th february 2022. generally, can anyone share detail how long will it take to get AOR or any difference in processing time for online vs paper based applications?

Nicegirl2

Feb 23, 2021
Yes we are all struggling

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
HI All,

I have submitted my spousal application on October 2021 and till now I havent got any AOR's/email's from IRCC.
It was online.

The problem Im facing now is, Im unable to login to and check the status online from which I have submitted my spousal application, also unable to reset the password as well. Raised multiple web-forms, But nu luck.
Can someone please guide me :-(

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I send out the application in late September, and a few days ago I got notification from CIC that they have received my application with the ID numbers for the online process.

The information online said it takes about 12 months for the whole process, and it took 5 months so far to recognize my application. So it seems at the moment, things are on pace as stated.

fuzzypoodle

Feb 5, 2018
Hi, I am looking for information on timing our move to Canada. My wife (US citizen) and I (CA citizen) are both residing in US. After receiving PR, when is she required to enter Canada? In other words, how much time do we have to close off our residency here? TIA.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I am looking for information on timing our move to Canada. My wife (US citizen) and I (CA citizen) are both residing in US. After receiving PR, when is she required to enter Canada? In other words, how much time do we have to close off our residency here? TIA.
I think easier way to put it is you will likely have about 12-15 months from day of submission. Procedure is you submit, 30-90 days later roughly you get acknolwedgement of receipt (AOR), then biometrics and medical requests.

The period in which to 'land' (become a PR) is usually one year from the date of the medicals. When you actually receive that document (the COPR) can vary, but 6-12 months from date of submission (tending to be a bit shorter for US citizens).

Of course as a US citizen she can come to Canada as a visitor and stay without too much trouble before the process is complete.

(Or to be clear the time between receiving the COPR and its expiry can vary a fair bit.)

Note: this is to 'land.' It's obviously a bit easier if your serious full0-time 'move' is all at once (administratively). But in principle once she 'lands' she is a PR and the main constraint is that she reside in Canada 730 days physically out of five years. In other words it is not the end of the world if you are not completely ready to move in that first year.