+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Nicegirl2

Feb 23, 2021
I will be sending a web form every other day until they reply. This is too ridiculous to be waiting for over 1 year and nothing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will be sending a web form every other day until they reply. This is too ridiculous to be waiting for over 1 year and nothing
By sending multiple webforms with same content, you may be making your delay worse.

My understanding is that there are internal rules about 'dealing with' all outstanding webforms before replying* - meaning that if you send them many, they have a huge pile to go through.

What do you think the chances an officer who has two files to deal with - one a normal size, the other five inches thick - and a fixed amount of time is going to pick the heavy one?

*This is to make sure the response doesn't give incorrect information by missing important information in other webform submissions. I.e. yep, they now have to go through the entire file even if they all look to be identical "hey why is my file taking so long?" questions.

By all means, use the webforms - but if you use it to 'check status' a lot, it may cause problems.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
I am in the same situation as you. I sent webforms originally (not tons) but they don't reply anyways. I have sent updated documents at 6 months and 1 year and online account does not even show they received it. Had my MP call and told "no movement on file". As we are stuck with only security to do before a DM (and security started in July 2021), I ordered CSIS and CBSA notes. CSIS completed July 2021, RCMP Oct 2021 and CBSA request was sent July 2021 - note to ask for update in November and request for update was made March 2022 (8 MONTHS). It is beyond ridiculous. I can only assume that my file is sitting at a bottom of a pile rotting. Oh, and I sent the PM and Immigration Minister an email and got the usual blah blah blah. Getting everything together as I will probably have to file for a Mandamus at some point. Of course now that they moved processing times first from 12 months then to 20 and now to 22 months I will most likely have to wait for that as well (which I believe was their intention)

Reactions: Jack22

IFS

Jul 27, 2021
Hello,

There has not been any updates to my application since more than 12 months.
Below is my timeline.

1) Anybody in same boat?
2) My spouse came to Canada this month via Visitor Visa. Do I just need to update it via Web Form?

Principal Applicant: India
Application Received: February - 16, 2021
Sponsorship confirmation email - April 21, 2021
Biometrics submitted - April 27, 2021
Medical submitted - April 27, 2021
Medical passed - May 4, 2021

Last edited:

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Hello,

There has not been any updates to my application since more than 12 months.
Below is my timeline.

1) Anybody in same boat?
2) My spouse came to Canada this month via Visitor Visa. Do I just need to update it via Web Form?

Principal Applicant: India
Application Received: February - 16, 2021
Sponsorship confirmation email - April 21, 2021
Biometrics submitted - April 27, 2021
Medical submitted - April 27, 2021
Medical passed - May 4, 2021
My timeline is very similar to yours. No updates since Aug 23. I did let them know that my spouse arrived in Canada on VV last November - updated address for PA. It took 6 tries and three months before address in Canada was updated though (webform, email, MP)