Jul 10, 2020
I got my OWP approved today.

- Feb 19th : application documents have delivered
- June 17 th : received the Biometrics reminder email
- Aug 18th : OWP file linked
- Sep 4th : PR application linked
- Sep 12th : OWP approved
Hey!
Congrats! I am so happy to hear the good news.
After u get the biometric reminder letter, did u get the AOR? Or without the AOR, OWP is approved?

Choclisa

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

I’m an April applicant and was wondering how you guys got your OWP without having to leave biometrics since all the offices been close for a while?

Kind regards

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
My OWP was just approved yesterday!
Timeline:

- Feb 25th : application package delivered via Canada Post (signature delivery)
- June 25th : received the Biometrics reminder email
- Aug 19th : OWP app linked
- Sep 15th : OWP approved
- Sep 16th : PR application linked

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Hi,

I’m an April applicant and was wondering how you guys got your OWP without having to leave biometrics since all the offices been close for a while?

Kind regards
I think the requirement for giving biometrics with temporary residence applications is currently waived. We still have to give them for the PR application, and I think just yesterday they announced that the SCOs will be reopening soon.

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Timeline:

congrats!!!
Did u get the AOR separately? Or without AOR, so I mean after get the biometric reminder letter, did u get the OWP? I am March 4th applicant.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
congrats!!!
Did u get the AOR separately? Or without AOR, so I mean after get the biometric reminder letter, did u get the OWP? I am March 4th applicant.
I never got the actual AOR, just the Biometrics fee reminder letter. I was able to use that application number from the letter to link my account today after trying basically every day for months.

I also tried linking my OWP for months with the UCI I had from before, when it finally worked about a month ago.

The only email I ever got was the Biometrics Fee Reminder letter, the rest was confirmations of me linking my applications. Just have to keep trying to link and hope for the best. Good luck!

Reactions: TCMY and Underhill

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I never got the actual AOR, just the Biometrics fee reminder letter. I was able to use that application number from the letter to link my account today after trying basically every day for months.

I also tried linking my OWP for months with the UCI I had from before, when it finally worked about a month ago.

The only email I ever got was the Biometrics Fee Reminder letter, the rest was confirmations of me linking my applications. Just have to keep trying to link and hope for the best. Good luck!
Thanks! As u know, I am waiting the OWP for a while. I was so stressed out how the IRCC works, but today I can see the hope from You! Thank you so much for replying!

TCMY

Aug 20, 2020
Timeline:

Congrats!:) I share the exact same application package delivery date as yours! Thanks for giving me hope!
I am not lucky as you to get any update of my OWP yet I had it linked up to my online account a month ago...
After learning your situation, I finally got my PR application link up to online as well after trying basically every day for months just like what you did! :D
What's even better is that My husband (the Sponsor) finally received the AOR through email this morning! I can finally make some updates on the tracking tool!
Even though I am not getting anything "approved" yet at least it is moving forward (slowly) phewwww. Guess we are seeing lights now! Good luck everyone!

My timeline:
Feb 25 - application package sign received by CPC Mississauga
June 25 - received Biometric fee reminder email
Aug 20 - OWP application linked
Sep 16 - PR application linked
Sep 17 - AOR

However, I am trying to link up my husband's (the Sponsor's) UCI to my online account but in vain. Does anyone know if the Sponsor is necessary to link up too? or there is any specific category or steps to follow? TIA.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
What's even better is that My husband (the Sponsor) finally received the AOR through email this morning! I can finally make some updates on the tracking tool!
oooooh. I haven't been harassing my husband about checking his email for a few days since I kinda just assumed we'd never get AOR, nice to see that they are still sending them out.
I'm sure your OWP will be approved in the coming days :D
They're finally making strides and they have good momentum, really hopeful they can keep it up!

EDIT: We checked, apparently they sent my husband AOR yesterday!

Last edited:
Reactions: TCMY

Hiboyoung

Sep 22, 2020
Hi everyone!

my timeline
24th Feb : Application sent (Inland + owp)
25th Feb : They Received (Mississauga)
25th Jun : received Biometric fee reminder email
27th Aug : returned Owp doc(because i didnt pay for hold fee : (
29th Aug : resend Owp doc(Admonton)
20th Sep : PR application linked

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hi everyone!

my timeline
24th Feb : Application sent (Inland + owp)
25th Feb : They Received (Mississauga)
25th Jun : received Biometric fee reminder email
27th Aug : returned Owp doc(because i didnt pay for hold fee : (
29th Aug : resend Owp doc(Admonton)
20th Sep : PR application linked
Hey did you get AOR by any chance or just linked it?

Hiboyoung

Sep 22, 2020
Ummm i didnt use my application number.
I know there is my number on the biometric fee reminder.
I used my name and passport info when checked my status!

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Reactions: TCMY and Hiboyoung