PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
We have just received the letter requesting the biometrics.

I have doubts about this, in the letter is my old address in Mexico, but our process is Inland and my current address is in Quebec. Will this be a problem?

And, I just checked the Service Canada Centre is still closed due COVID, how do I apply to get an appointment? The IRCC page just says officers will call us to book an appointment. How do we leave our number to be called?

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hey guys
I have a question to you
Last time I saw some of you got approved OWP, it was a few weeks ago. Did you guys got any actual OWP? Cuz I am March 4th applicant n I haven't got anything yet. So that I can guess my timeline. Thanks for helping.
Whoever got OWP on Feb Feb applicants, can you reply?

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hey guys
I have a question to you
Last time I saw some of you got approved OWP, it was a few weeks ago. Did you guys got any actual OWP? Cuz I am March 4th applicant n I haven't got anything yet. So that I can guess my timeline. Thanks for helping.
Hi, I got my OWP approved on september 04 and received in mail 10 days after

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hey guys
I have a question to you
Once you have the approval it takes between 7 to 10 days to arrive in the mail. I got it approved sept 02 and it arrived September 11

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hey I have been trying to link my application to my GC account after I received my AOR two weeks ago. I am still not able to link it. Also how to check OWP approval?

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hey I have been trying to link my application to my GC account after I received my AOR two weeks ago. I am still not able to link it. Also how to check OWP approval?
This is the method to link the OWP

UCI and Family Name

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work permit and extension

Passport information

What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (initial application or extension)

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: *your status*
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"

I was able to link the PR application a week after I linked my OWP

Reactions: Hiboyoung

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
This is the method to link the OWP

UCI and Family Name

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work permit and extension

Passport information

What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (initial application or extension)

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: *your status*
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"

I was able to link the PR application a week after I linked my OWP
Thanks that helps.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hey I haven't still been able to link my Application number to my GC account since i got my AOR 3 weeks ago. Tried everything using different categories. Is any body facing similar issues?

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hey I haven't still been able to link my Application number to my GC account since i got my AOR 3 weeks ago. Tried everything using different categories. Is any body facing similar issues?
It took me two weeks after receiving the AOR. But if your file number begins with two letters it means that it is a temporary number, you will receive another number later with which you can link to your account.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I just got my Biometrics Instruction Letter. My timeline:

App received in Mississauga: Feb 25, 2020
Biometrics Fee Reminder Email: June 25, 2020
Linked OWP app to GCKey: August 19, 2020
OWP Approved: September 15, 2020
AOR and Linked PR app to GCKey: September 16, 2020
Received OWP in the mail: September 22, 2020
Biometrics Instruction Letter: October 19, 2020

I'm wondering if they're really going to make me drive 5 hours away (one way) to the nearest Service Canada that does biometrics. I sent a webform asking if they had alternative locations (like dispensation due to distance for Medical Exam) about a month ago, and they got back to me just telling me about who needs to do biometrics.

Reactions: TCMY

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
It took me two weeks after receiving the AOR. But if your file number begins with two letters it means that it is a temporary number, you will receive another number later with which you can link to your account.
Wow oh okay now that's again a worry i guess till I get the actual AOR. guess the temporary AOR won't work.

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Wow oh okay now that's again a worry i guess till I get the actual AOR. guess the temporary AOR won't work.
If you have already received the temporary AOR it means that your package has arrived, they already have it and have opened it, but they have not yet assigned an officer to handle your case. It's a relief, even though you can't check your status in GCkey, you can still check in ECAS