+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

Hiboyoung

Sep 22, 2020
Hi everyone! Update for now
I am waiting for a call from canada service about biometrics now

my timeline
24th Feb : Application sent (Inland + OWP)
25th Feb : They Received (Mississauga)
25th Jun : received Biometric fee reminder email
27th Aug : returned OWP(because I didnt pay for hold fee..
29th Aug : resend OWP(Admonton)
17th Sep : received AOR email
20th Sep : PR application linked
16th Oct : received biometrics instruction letter
25th Oct : OWP linked

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone! Update for now
I am waiting for a call from canada service about biometrics now

my timeline
24th Feb : Application sent (Inland + OWP)
25th Feb : They Received (Mississauga)
25th Jun : received Biometric fee reminder email
27th Aug : returned OWP(because I didnt pay for hold fee..
29th Aug : resend OWP(Admonton)
17th Sep : received AOR email
20th Sep : PR application linked
16th Oct : received biometrics instruction letter
25th Oct : OWP linked
Hey hiboyoung. Just wondering as we also had to resend my wife's OWP to the Edmonton office... How long did they take to give you OWP approval after you re-sent it? If I read your timeline correctly, was it ~1.5 months? And when you got the approval notice, was it via email?

The Edmonton office received my wife's OWP on October 8th, so I'm hoping this means my wife can have her OWP by the end of November. This has been incredibly stressful!

Reactions: J20190911

Hiboyoung

Sep 22, 2020
Hey hiboyoung. Just wondering as we also had to resend my wife's OWP to the Edmonton office... How long did they take to give you OWP approval after you re-sent it? If I read your timeline correctly, was it ~1.5 months? And when you got the approval notice, was it via email?

The Edmonton office received my wife's OWP on October 8th, so I'm hoping this means my wife can have her OWP by the end of November. This has been incredibly stressful!
Hi! I just linked it! I cannot check anything..
i think it takes one month to get the approval notice after successful link!

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi! I just linked it! I cannot check anything..
i think it takes one month to get the approval notice after successful link!
Cool, thanks for the reply. Gotcha, I thought yours had been approved already. Yes, hopefully they will work quickly to approve these OWPs that have to be re-sent into the EDM office. We were worried that we would have to wait another 4-5 months.

clvs2020

Oct 26, 2020
Hello, we received a letter from IRCC regarding biometrics. We followed the instructions in the letter - we made a request to arrange an appointment with Service Canada. An officer from Service Canada called us back, and she told us that we need to wait for a call from IRCC to arrange an appointment for biometrics.

This doesn't make sense to us, as IRCC said in the letter to contact Service Canada to arrange for an appointment... But now Service Canada is saying we need to wait for a IRCC to call us. Has this happened to anyone? Is this the correct procedure? That IRCC should be contacting us?

We are located in Vancouver, BC. Our Sponsorship application was received in Feb 2020. We've already linked the application and also received the OWP.

Thanks.

Reactions: J20190911

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hello, we received a letter from IRCC regarding biometrics. We followed the instructions in the letter - we made a request to arrange an appointment with Service Canada. An officer from Service Canada called us back, and she told us that we need to wait for a call from IRCC to arrange an appointment for biometrics.

This doesn't make sense to us, as IRCC said in the letter to contact Service Canada to arrange for an appointment... But now Service Canada is saying we need to wait for a IRCC to call us. Has this happened to anyone? Is this the correct procedure? That IRCC should be contacting us?

We are located in Vancouver, BC. Our Sponsorship application was received in Feb 2020. We've already linked the application and also received the OWP.

Thanks.
YeAh you have to wait for them to call you back . They will call you back and offer for the nearest service Canada for your biometrics.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020

Thanks.
My wife received her biometrics instruction letter this morning.

I just saw that the website says:

Biometrics collection service disruptions
Your application won’t be refused or closed if you can’t give your biometrics due to COVID-19 service disruptions.

Designated Service Canada Centres
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who need to give biometrics and have not given them within the last 10 years.

Service Canada officers will call you to book an appointment. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.

I/my wife tried filling out their service request form to make an appointment and checked the box "please select this box to make an appointment at a SC location" but it doesn't let you submit the form unless you check another box that's not relevant at all to PR applicants giving biometrics. What the he?? They do not make this process easy at all.

Last edited:

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020

Thanks.
Yes it is normal.
You have to wait until ircc calls you bc of limited offices are open for biometric.
May I ask one question?
I read that you got approved OWP and is there any conditions that you cannot work health services field occupations?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone, I live in Ontario and got contacted by Service Canada today to book my biometrics appointment.

if you received the biometrics instruction letter, all you have to do is wait for the call from Service Canada. The call will come from a “no caller ID”. Good luck everyone.

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
Hi. my wife is sponsoring me to become PR in Canada. I am currently in Canada. I have recently submitted the biometric at Service Canada. how long after biometric do they ask for medical exam? as you know, you cannot take medical exam upfront for sponsorship applications.

Reactions: Cacenaves

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone, I live in Ontario and got contacted by Service Canada today to book my biometrics appointment.

if you received the biometrics instruction letter, all you have to do is wait for the call from Service Canada. The call will come from a “no caller ID”. Good luck everyone.
Thanks for the info on this. I called a Service Canada agent and he said the same thing.

Do you know how long after you received the biometrics instruction letter did the person call you to make an appointment? We received the letter yesterday and are wondering how long we can expect to wait for the call.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Thanks for the info on this. I called a Service Canada agent and he said the same thing.

Do you know how long after you received the biometrics instruction letter did the person call you to make an appointment? We received the letter yesterday and are wondering how long we can expect to wait for the call.
I got the call about 2 weeks later. I think it just depends on when they get to your turn and when the offices in your area are ready to start dealing with PR biometrics.