+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
I wonder why most of the applicants have been asked to submit their biometrics? Didn't you give biometric when you came to Canada for the first time? (I assume we are all inland applicants). I can see my biometric's information, which I have done years ago, in my profile and I haven't received any email from IRCC about biometrics.

Reactions: Awthabit

Cacenaves

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi. my wife is sponsoring me to become PR in Canada. I am currently in Canada. I have recently submitted the biometric at Service Canada. how long after biometric do they ask for medical exam? as you know, you cannot take medical exam upfront for sponsorship applications.
[/QUOTE

I am in the same situation , I did biometrics today and waiting for the medicalcheck letter

Cacenaves

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
PR/OWP send: FEB 07
Recibed: FEB 09
OWP: SEPT 08
Biometrics letter: OCT 13
Biometrics call: OCT 29
Biometrics done: OCT 30

waiting for AOR, never got it, I asume OWP it’s a temporary AOR.

Waiting for MEDICAL check, anyone Got the medical check letter ?

Reactions: J20190911

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
For
I wonder why most of the applicants have been asked to submit their biometrics? Didn't you give biometric when you came to Canada for the first time? (I assume we are all inland applicants). I can see my biometric's information, which I have done years ago, in my profile and I haven't received any email from IRCC about biometrics.
Hello, March 2020 Inland Applicant here. I am also confused about this. I also received the biometrics fee letter on Sept. 23 but i thought biometrics did not need to be collected again since I had valid biometrics.

I assume everyone here is applying for inland sponsorship thus should have valid biometrics as well. Can someone explain why so many people are getting biometrics done?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
For

Hello, March 2020 Inland Applicant here. I am also confused about this. I also received the biometrics fee letter on Sept. 23 but i thought biometrics did not need to be collected again since I had valid biometrics.

I assume everyone here is applying for inland sponsorship thus should have valid biometrics as well. Can someone explain why so many people are getting biometrics done?
Biometrics fee letters are automatically sent out after they receive the application. I would expect to not see a bio metric instruction letter. Not all have valid biometrics.. depending on whether they are from a visa exempt country or not.

Last edited:

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Some of us come from countries that do not require Visa (only eta) and we were not required biometric data to enter Canada.

Reactions: TCMY and dreamy2010

clvs2020

Oct 26, 2020
Yes it is normal.
You have to wait until ircc calls you bc of limited offices are open for biometric.
May I ask one question?
I read that you got approved OWP and is there any conditions that you cannot work health services field occupations?
Thank you for clarifying. We were just confused why we would get a letter from IRCC telling us to contact Service Canada, just so that Service Canada could tell us to wait for IRCC to call...

About the OWP, it didn't have any conditions on health services field occupations.

angela0820

Oct 27, 2020
is this for some with commonlaw? im single is this also applicable to me?

it says that my papers was just recieved at NS but my name is not yet in the system?is the day my papers recieved at NS is the day they recieved my application so that i can fill my name on the sheet
where should i put my name?at the inland form?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
where should i put my name?at the inland form?
Okay so for the spread sheet yes you can fill out your timeline. If they say have recieved it and gave you a app number then iti s a prospective AOR therefore they are acknowledging that it is there however they have not assigned your case to an officer yet there fore the actual processing time has not begun.

Reactions: J20190911

angela0820

Oct 27, 2020
Okay so for the spread sheet yes you can fill out your timeline. If they say have recieved it and gave you a app number then iti s a prospective AOR therefore they are acknowledging that it is there however they have not assigned your case to an officer yet there fore the actual processing time has not begun.
i just need to wait till my papers is on the system right?