+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
September 24, 2020—Ottawa—Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of IRCC, is announcing action to speed up spousal application processing and help families build their lives together in Canada.
IRCC has increased the number of decision makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66%, to process spousal applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times.
With these initiatives, IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/09/ircc-speeding-up-processing-for-spousal-applications.html

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Just got AOR
File submitted on Feb 22nd 2020
Received on Feb 24th 2020
Returned on 1st April due to missing signature and RCMP
File sent back on 8th April 2020
Received on 14th April 2020
Biometrics fee reminder on 2nd Sept 2020
AOR received on 25th Sept 2020

Zahra Tamar

Aug 9, 2020
Just got AOR
File submitted on Feb 22nd 2020
Received on Feb 24th 2020
Returned on 1st April due to missing signature and RCMP
File sent back on 8th April 2020
Received on 14th April 2020
Biometrics fee reminder on 2nd Sept 2020
AOR received on 25th Sept 2020
Hello, how did you send the biometric fee receipt

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyone from the end of February had their OWP approved yet? I've seen lots of people getting them from Mid February and it seems like the sort of just stopped.

I was finally able to link my OWP to my account today.

I thought I would have received the official AOR by now, but I was sent a temporary one last week. Everyone seems to be getting these, so it seems like it isn't really a step forward at all yet.

Timeline:
Received: 28 February
Biometrics Reminder: 4 August
Temporary AOR: 24 September
OWP Linked to Account: 29 September

Reactions: Ms.kaka

k1zz

May 1, 2020
Has anyone sent the OWP request separately? I sent my sponsorship application mid-February and the OWP request in the beginning of May. Last month I mailed the documents for CSQ after receiving the invitation from IRCC, but I have no news for my OWP. I have seen some people around here getting their OWP approved, but I am not sure if it's related to the date I submitted the sponsorship application or the OWP one.

I cannot link the OWP application to my online account, but when I called them they say it's there and someone has been assigned to me.

Is anyone going through the same thing? Also my passport expires next year in July and I am afraid I can't even use the OWP much because I will have to apply for an extension, therefore wait again endlessly.

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyone from the end of February had their OWP approved yet? I've seen lots of people getting them from Mid February and it seems like the sort of just stopped.

I was finally able to link my OWP to my account today.

I thought I would have received the official AOR by now, but I was sent a temporary one last week. Everyone seems to be getting these, so it seems like it isn't really a step forward at all yet.

Timeline:
Received: 28 February
Biometrics Reminder: 4 August
Temporary AOR: 24 September
OWP Linked to Account: 29 September
UPDATE

I finally received my official AOR on 1 October.

Still waiting on my OWP approval though.

32David

Mar 4, 2020
I had already paid at the time of application. I received a reminder to pay again which I disregarded as I had already paid
To send a receipt you have to used the web form and put in all the required info which you applied, when you you going to submit at the end it will ask you if you want to submit any documents, select your file then upload and submit again.
All documents submissions is at the end of the web form after you agreed you wont see it on the first page.