17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

I have been following this forum from a last few weeks.
My AOR is 15 feb
Medicals passed - 03 March
Biometrics - 02 March
Paid full fee in advance. No request for additional documents other than representative’s form and that was requested and uploaded on 05 March.

I am really stressed out as I have marked6 months on 15aug. As per my GCMS notes my profile is under review required by an officer and my file has not been touched since 26 june.
I have raised so many web forms but get generic reply, called IRCC and agent always say we cannot say how long it will take for the officer to review it. @legalfalcon please advise what should I do. I feel hopeless now.
As per IRCC, the average time to process an EE application is 9 months as per 2019 IRCC publication.

Review required is normal, and there is nothing to be concerned about. Many applications see RR. If the RR is for a specific aspect, you can send additional documents, if not, then it is just a means to convey to the office to review the documents before making a final determination on eligibility.

Here is my old post on RR, reposting it:

Understanding “Review Required”
A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Did you request your GCMS notes, what does the RR note say?

kgaurangk

Mar 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have been following the forum for last 3 weeks. It's been super helpful.
So I'm an inland FSW applicant along with my spouse.
AOR- Feb 17
Feb 28- rejected (It was first rejected as I didn't have my degree at the time of applying so I put in request to re-review as I had attached a completion letter from my university and would only get the degree after convocation)
April 8- re opened
April 9- BIL (Exempted as both of us gave them in Dec 2019)

I spoke to an agent this morning, he said the file is at CPC Ottawa and gave the following status update:
  • Eligibility passed
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.
Now I've also ordered GCMS since Sep 12, haven't got them yet. My online application says eligibility is being processed.
I was wondering if someone could give an estimate how long it is expected to take beyond this point?

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
Hi,

My AOR is 15 feb
Biometrics - 02 March
Paid full fee in advance. No request for additional documents other than representative’s form and that was requested and uploaded on 05 March.

I am really stressed out as I have marked6 months on 15aug. As per my GCMS notes my profile is under review required by an officer and my file has not been touched since 26 june.
I have raised so many web forms but get generic reply, called IRCC and agent always say we cannot say how long it will take for the officer to review it. @legalfalcon please advise what should I do. I feel hopeless now.
What is the latest comments in the notes section? You might be seeing where the RR is coming from. BTW my comments didn't gave me any clue on my RR.

Reactions: Twinklestar06

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hello All, any opinions on this? Are anyone at a similar stage too ?
Same here, except for criminality, which is in progress. AOR February 22nd, FWS Outland (living in US). I have this status since at least April 30th (my first webform). No progress since then. I have been told (through calls) that eligibility is "passed" and that they are working on my application. Hard to believe, but there is nothing we can do.

Reactions: Canaspirant_007

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
I would really appreciate if anyone can provide some inputs . @legalfalcon : Your thoughts would be highly appreciated.
Our US visa expired in June and we were on a pending B2 change of status application in US. Now my employer wants to withdraw the application as we left the US and came to Canada on a work visa. There is a chance that once the petition is petition is withdrawn the time from June to September in the US would be marked as unlawful . I had applied for Canada PR on Feb , should we mention IRCC about this B2 and change of status withdrawal?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I would really appreciate if anyone can provide some inputs . @legalfalcon : Your thoughts would be highly appreciated.
Our US visa expired in June and we were on a pending B2 change of status application in US. Now my employer wants to withdraw the application as we left the US and came to Canada on a work visa. There is a chance that once the petition is petition is withdrawn the time from June to September in the US would be marked as unlawful . I had applied for Canada PR on Feb , should we mention IRCC about this B2 and change of status withdrawal?

Thanks
This has no bearing on your IRCC application and neither upon withdrawing a petition your stay un US will be illegal.

Canaspirant_007

Mar 31, 2020
Hi,

My AOR is 15 feb
Biometrics - 02 March

What's your stream?

Reactions: Twinklestar06

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
As per IRCC, the average time to process an EE application is 9 months as per 2019 IRCC publication.

Review required is normal, and there is nothing to be concerned about. Many applications see RR. If the RR is for a specific aspect, you can send additional documents, if not, then it is just a means to convey to the office to review the documents before making a final determination on eligibility.

Here is my old post on RR, reposting it:

Did you request your GCMS notes, what does the RR note say?

@legalfalcon, I am worried as officer or case analyst has not touched my file since June. I have attached my GCMS notes screenshot. The only difference I have noticed between the two is that case analyst has removed one line - “only one letter dated” as in my new notes I can see it blank (highlighted in yellow).

https://ibb.co/DGZ2yGg
https://ibb.co/z26byd6

Also I can see s.16(1)(c) at the top right corner of the notes (on 2 pages only). In the beginning of note 1 it also says “ready to finalize”. In July, I did receive the following reply for my web form:

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Visa office Etobicoke

Canaspirant_007

Mar 31, 2020
Hey i am in the same boat too
AOR- 18 feb
MED & Biometrics done
Rest everything is in process
CEC inland
Its’s been more than 7 months no reply
From @legalfalcon 's response to a recent post, the processing time seems to be 7 months or above (as of 2019), so it seems reasonable to assume it may be longer in 2020 considering the Covid situation.
Let's keep our fingers crossed !

Last edited: