+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Does it include Study Permit or Work Permit applicants who gave biometrics before?

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Does it include Study Permit or Work Permit applicants who gave biometrics before?
Yes for any immigration application(Study, work, visit and PR). So, it's a great news!!

hollyb16

Feb 21, 2020
I wish you good luck and keep me/us updated! Not all the agents are willing to leave notes but i did come across 2-3 who were actively trying to help me and offering me that they can leave a note for me to the officer!

On your account, does it still say SUBMITTED? or you are able to see your "COPR number and more information" at the bottom of your application?
Hey Congrats. Are you inland?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @JTPr @legalfalcon

I am a CEC applicant . I have a concern, i have recently called immigration and mentioned that i am currently stuck outside CANADA and will be returning back soon, that i am currently working on my documentation for travel , However, the agent on call informed that i should update via webform that i am outside CANADA , However, i will be travelling to CANADA soon. based on previous suggestion from @legalfalcon there is no need to inform via webform if i am travelling back soon as it might create confusion .
1.At this point can you suggest if the agent would have made a note on my file that i am outside CANADA and i have to inform them via web form when i return back to CANADA .
2.Or it is not required since i have not raised webform. I am bit concerned as it should not cause any confusion .
3.Raise a web form now that i am outside Canada and then raise another webform when i reach to Canada ?

Kindly suggest

Thanks
I did respond to your specific query before. call centre agents cannot update your file. To update your file a signed transmission is required from you, either through your MyCIC account of webform.

Also If did respond that if your intent to live for a longer period of time outside Canada, you have to inform IRCC. If you are returning back, then you do not. This is because if your are in India, your LVO will be NDVO, and you will need a PRV for which IRCC will send a PPR.

If you are in Canada, you do not need a PRV, and you will get an email with your COPR.

It all depends on who early you wish to return. If it is within the next few weeks, then you do not need to inform IRCC. If it will be a few months, then you should.

See ,my previous responses to your same questions #2,881 #2,883 #2,887

nagamaheshreddy

Reactions: nagamaheshreddy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon , this information is really helpful :)

One more thing I have some confusion around, if you could please clarify?
I gave medical examination on 28th Dec 2019 but our AOR is 17th Feb 2020 and in portal, medical passed date is 27th Feb 2020. I understand that medical is valid for a year. So in my case the validity would be till 28th Dec 2020 or till 27th Feb 2021?

Regards,
Megha

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

If your case the 12 months validity will be from 27th Feb 2020.

Reactions: Megha_1990

Megha_1990

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

If your case the 12 months validity will be from 27th Feb 2020.
Thank you so much ! :)

Regards
Megha

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
I did respond to your specific query before. call centre agents cannot update your file. To update your file a signed transmission is required from you, either through your MyCIC account of webform.

Also If did respond that if your intent to live for a longer period of time outside Canada, you have to inform IRCC. If you are returning back, then you do not. This is because if your are in India, your LVO will be NDVO, and you will need a PRV for which IRCC will send a PPR.

If you are in Canada, you do not need a PRV, and you will get an email with your COPR.

It all depends on who early you wish to return. If it is within the next few weeks, then you do not need to inform IRCC. If it will be a few months, then you should.

nagamaheshreddy
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your response , I completely got your response on #2,881 #2,883 #2,887 , Apologies if i put my question the other way , However, this time my question was do the IRCC agent make note on the file based on our conversation (not update the file ).

Regards

nagamaheshreddy

Jan 4, 2017

nagamaheshreddy
Thanks @legalfalcon. I will review the previous comments.

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thanks for your response , I completely got your response on #2,881 #2,883 #2,887 , Apologies if i put my question the other way , However, this time my question was do the IRCC agent make note on the file based on our conversation (not update the file ).

Regards
You are asking the same thing. See #2,887

There are no IRCC agents at the call centre. They are call centre agents, and they can make notes on your file. However, unless you send an update in writing though your MyCIC account or via webform, no changes can be made in your application, including change of country of residency.

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
You are asking the same thing. See #2,887

There are no IRCC agents at the call centre. They are call centre agents, and they can make notes on your file. However, unless you send an update in writing though your MyCIC account or via webform, no changes can be made in your application, including change of country of residency.
Hi @legalfalcon

Exactly here is my question as you mentioned They are call centre agents, and they can make notes on your file.
What if there has been a note on the file that i am outside CANADA , in that case if i did not mention via webform will that be an issue? Thanks

LaurieD

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
29-02-2020
Hi everybody,

I have been following this forum for quite a long time now and have found so many useful informations. So thank you all.
I come today to get some advice from you.

Here is my situation:

FSW - Outland
AOR : 29th February 2020

From the GCMS notes I got a month ago :
Eligibility : Passed
Security : Blank / s.15 (1) in the top right corner of the page
Criminality : Passed
Medical Exams : Passed
Info sharing : Complete
Final : Blank

Paper File :
Office : Paris

Notes :
Office : Paris
Text : Dossier semble PPV

What does PPV (most likely in French) stand for?
Do you think I should order another set of notes soon?

I am a French citizen, moving a lot for work. I am currently in New Zealand and I applied from here back in February. I was supposed to be back to France last June but, because of borders closure, I will be staying and working here longer than expected.
As per the notes, Paris is my visa office. So, as recommended by IRCC, I raised a webform to Paris office last week to give them an update on my situation. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Does the current, although temporary, country of residence affect the application / visa office?

Thanks for your help, all the best to everyone :)

Cheers.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Exactly here is my question as you mentioned They are call centre agents, and they can make notes on your file.
What if there has been a note on the file that i am outside CANADA , in that case if i did not mention via webform will that be an issue? Thanks
It will not be an issue, as the notes do not mean that your application can be amended based on that. Also, IRCC can do a Field Operations Support System (FOSS) to know if you are in Canada or not, the status of your visa, etc.

However, as stated before, if you change your country of residence, it is your responsibility to inform IRCC. If you do not inform, and a COPR is generated, then you will again have to contact IRCC to move your LVO to your current country of residence.

If you are returning back within the next few weeks and were out of Canada for a Vacation, you do not have to inform IRCC as you have not moved or change your country of residence.