Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
From @legalfalcon 's response to a recent post, the processing time seems to be 7 months or above (as of 2019), so it seems reasonable to assume it may be longer in 2020 considering the Covid situation.
Let's keep our fingers crossed !
@Aastha_chechi The average processing time as per the 2019 report for EE application was 8 months. Factor COVID for 2020, and you can predict the results.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I am worried as officer or case analyst has not touched my file since June. I have attached my GCMS notes screenshot. The only difference I have noticed between the two is that case analyst has removed one line - “only one letter dated” as in my new notes I can see it blank (highlighted in yellow).

https://ibb.co/DGZ2yGg
https://ibb.co/z26byd6

Also I can see s.16(1)(c) at the top right corner of the notes (on 2 pages only). In the beginning of note 1 it also says “ready to finalize”. In July, I did receive the following reply for my web form:

• The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Visa office Etobicoke
It seems like one of your letter is not dated? Have you explained it or sent a replacement.

s16 is used to redact info from your GCMS notes. See https://bit.ly/367VGs6

To understand the webform responses, see https://bit.ly/3j6SJfg

Reposting my post on RR:

Understanding “Review Required”
A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: Twinklestar06

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply, really appreciate it @legalfalcon.
If you see the second picture (most recent notes), case analyst has removed the dated part, hence, left additional notes as - “two employment letters provided. PA meets education requirement”.
I did send a web form last week with LOE and clarified that I provided 3 letters and my work experience is 3.5 years on NOC. Also attached the letters. I called them yesterday and was told by an agent that they cannot see it in my profile. Is it normal?
please advise if I should get an updated letter with the date or send another LOE as this letter states duration of my job/work experience (worked from abc year - to xyz year)

Reactions: Emman O.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for the reply, really appreciate it @legalfalcon.
If you see the second picture (most recent notes), case analyst has removed the dated part, hence, left additional notes as - “two employment letters provided. PA meets education requirement”.
I did send a web form last week with LOE and clarified that I provided 3 letters and my work experience is 3.5 years on NOC. Also attached the letters. I called them yesterday and was told by an agent that they cannot see it in my profile. Is it normal?
please advise if I should get an updated letter with the date or send another LOE as this letter states duration of my job/work experience (worked from abc year - to xyz year)
I am not privy to your documents, but if there is any concern, it should be clarified at the earliest.

Applicant121

Jul 29, 2020
@legalfalcon can you shed light on RR for stat questions? I answered yes to stat question regarding criminality. The conviction is not anything inadmissible and I have in fact given biometrics (in March), and gcms notes revealed that criminality is passed and info sharing is complete. I also have extensive travel history to Canada. Everything else in Eligibility has been affirmed and states ready to finalize. The RR for stat question was flagged during R10 and eligibility but the application seems stuck waiting for officer review of this. There has not been adr or communication from ircc since mep/bil. Any information is appreciated!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you shed light on RR for stat questions? I answered yes to stat question regarding criminality. The conviction is not anything inadmissible and I have in fact given biometrics (in March), and gcms notes revealed that criminality is passed and info sharing is complete. I also have extensive travel history to Canada. Everything else in Eligibility has been affirmed and states ready to finalize. The RR for stat question was flagged during R10 and eligibility but the application seems stuck waiting for officer review of this. There has not been adr or communication from ircc since mep/bil. Any information is appreciated!
If you answer yes to any stat Question on Criminality, you will have a RR, because depending on the country of residence and where your crime tool place, it will have to be vetted by IRCC division to make sure that it was not a serious criminality as per the Canadian criminal Code to make your inadmissible.

Only after getting a clearance will the application move ahead. Also, currently many applications are stuck just due to administrative delays.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received my GCMS notes (ordered Aug 25):

Any idea about the average time for Info Sharing and Security?
The notes say Ready to Finalize by the Case Analyst. What are the odds of the Officer reversing the Analyst's decision?
Very unlikely that the officer will reverse the analyst's decision, unless there was a major oversight by the analyst.

As soon as your eligibility is marked passed by an officer, your security will commence.

See my previous post on eligibility at #2,521

To read on security, including the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/336pYKc

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Dear all,

I am wondering how many of you guys are in the same situation as mine as in getting PR application approved on mycic but no official COPR email sent to you yet..

My timeline:
1. Sep 22, 2020 - randomly checked on mycic and found out my case was approved that day.
2. Sep 23, 2020 - received an official email from cic saying "your application status has been updated.." - it shows approved on Sep 22 and I can see my T number and saying my document is valid.
3. Up till now - no official copr email (with pdf instructions on how to apply for the PR card, send pictures, etc)

mohprojects

Jul 8, 2020
Hi All,
I had raised a Webform on 27th August 2020 to know the status of application . A month has passed, but until date didn't receive the webform response.
Anybody has gone through such a situation???

AOR: 13Th Feb 2020.

Reactions: Twinklestar06

jy002

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I am having the same situation like you as well. FEB Aor, still waiting.
What is your status?
Hi,

Last time I called (14th Sep), nothing passed except for medical.
The note i order back in July indicates eligibility has recommended passed, but with review requirement, Its very odd because though the long paragraph before 'recommendation pass', its all 'consistent', 'valid', so i cant tell why it needs to be reviewed.
I ordered new notes on 15th Sep, still waiting.