+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Did you try calling them and when is ur medical expiring?
I'm guessing if the principle applicant and members in the application are inland, then IRCC passes the case on to the regional medical officer who may make a call to extend the validity of the medical. If the regional medical officer chooses to do otherwise, then IRCC may contact you to do a new medical. I'm planning to wait till IRCC gets in touch with me.

Mayurmalhotra

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
same here aor feb 26 inland still waiting, not sure about VO first they said sydney then ottawa then last time again they said sydney.
[/QUm
My file is approved since october but i didnt got copr and i guess everyone from jan and feb are stuck they are issuing copr to new files

silverlinings

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone. I just got my medicals status updated, even though they expire March 2021 and I haven't redone them. Does anyone know why they would do that?

My application below:
AoR: Feb 2020
Medicals Initial: March 3 2020
Medicals now: Jan 8 2021
Extending meds is at the discretion of the Health Branch of IRCC. When your meds have expired or are about to expire, IRCC will send them for reassessment to the regional medical officer, who makes a determination on whether to extend them or ask for remeds.

If your application is in progress and your likelihood of landing in Canada is slim in the next 6 months, then IRCC will ask for re-med. Also, your initial medical code will be a factor.
hi @legalfalcon , reading your post I’m wondering whether you can give me some speculative insight . My medicals expired around 20 December and I got a GU around that time as well, the code was M1. I called IRCC to inquire and was told the medicals did expire and have been send for reassessment but my security was still not started. I’m just trying wondering that since they haven’t sent for remedicals as yet by this time could they still send for them or it’s possible that they have been extended and maybe file is just pending for final decision . Also does an extension by any chance trigger a file to be completed sooner ? Any insight would be appreciated if possible. TIA

HosaynRaza

Aug 1, 2019
Finally received the following request to submit passports in my profile.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. "

PNP Ontario Outland Applicant
AOR Feb 12 2020
US resident
Pakistani National
Medical update : January 18, 2021
NOC code 2172

Letter was sent by OTTAWA case processing center

Questions from the expert @legalfalcon

My wife and I have Pakistani passports but our daughter has US passport, should I submit our daughters original passport for the PR visa to be affixed in the passport or just the copies of her passport with our original passports?

Thanks

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Did you ask your lawyer why ie if you are applying for BOWP, why your spouse cant apply for Spousal Open Work Permit ? Logically, I believe SOWP's purpose is to give authorization to work for spouse.
@roland1990 he said because I am not working that’s the reason he cannot get sowp, it doesn’t make any sense to me. But I will discuss it with other lawyers.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon , reading your post I’m wondering whether you can give me some speculative insight . My medicals expired around 20 December and I got a GU around that time as well, the code was M1. I called IRCC to inquire and was told the medicals did expire and have been send for reassessment but my security was still not started. I’m just trying wondering that since they haven’t sent for remedicals as yet by this time could they still send for them or it’s possible that they have been extended and maybe file is just pending for final decision . Also does an extension by any chance trigger a file to be completed sooner ? Any insight would be appreciated if possible. TIA
It could very well be that your meds have been extended. However, med extension does not make the file processes any later. IRCC has to keep meds valid when the file is being processed and the meds have to be valid when your land in Canada after your application is approved.

Did you see any changes in the MEP status on your MyCIC account.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally received the following request to submit passports in my profile.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. "

PNP Ontario Outland Applicant
AOR Feb 12 2020
US resident
Pakistani National
Medical update : January 18, 2021
NOC code 2172

Letter was sent by OTTAWA case processing center

Questions from the expert @legalfalcon

My wife and I have Pakistani passports but our daughter has US passport, should I submit our daughters original passport for the PR visa to be affixed in the passport or just the copies of her passport with our original passports?

Thanks
Congratulations!!

Your daughter has a passport from. visa exempt country and you do not have to send her passport. Only the copies of the passport are required and a COPR will be sent for here. The COPR and the US passport is all your need to travel to Canada, and for you and your spouse a PR visa will be affixed in your passport.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, everyone I finally received my GCMS notes (ordered October 5th...).
According to them:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

The last update on SECURITY (not started) was on 2020/03/05, even though there is a "due date" 2020/04/04.
For CRIMINALITY (in progress) the last update/note was on 2020/03/04.

In the notes, on 2020/04/21 there are a series of "appear to meet" and "no adverse information". This was the last update, aside from the biometrics received on 2020/07/13.
No "covid pace" note.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, everyone I finally received my GCMS notes (ordered October 5th...).
According to them:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Progress
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

The last update on SECURITY (not started) was on 2020/03/05, even though there is a "due date" 2020/04/04.
For CRIMINALITY (in progress) the last update/note was on 2020/03/04.

In the notes, on 2020/04/21 there are a series of "appear to meet" and "no adverse information". This was the last update, aside from the biometrics received on 2020/07/13.
No "covid pace" note.
Due dates are not of much consequence, as actions can be taken well before that date and many times well after. They key is to see if the Eligibility was passed by an officer and many Gcms Notes will contain text like this

To learn about Security screening see https://bit.ly/3iXMnyw and to review the online version of the CBSA security screening manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Due dates are not of much consequence, as actions can be taken well before that date and many times well after. They key is to see if the Eligibility was passed by an officer and many Gcms Notes will contain text like this

To learn about Security screening see https://bit.ly/3iXMnyw and to review the online version of the CBSA security screening manual https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I
Thank you for your feedback. I do not have any **OFFICER REVIEW** anywhere in the notes. I would then assume that:
1) Eligibility is only "recommended passed", with no "review required" but it is not finalized yet by an officer
2) Criminality started already since we both lived in Canada for more than 6 months

Very disappointing to know that no officer touched our file in 11 months.