caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi everyone, seeking a little help here...

I ordered GCMS notes and here's an extract of the Assessment section.
Would like to know, how to interpret this please...
Is the COPR still in sight or should I not expect anymore... ?

ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:
You security is either in progress or even complete since its blank.
Here is a guide to read Gcms Notes https://bit.ly/3cuzIks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
It would be appreciated if you can assist me here.

I am an outland FSW applicant and I had passed all the stages (eligibility, criminality, security, medicals, info sharing, etc...) since mid November 2020
As per the latest communication between me and IRCC, they said that all the stages are passed, no further action is needed from me at the moment, and I just have to wait for the final decision.

My medicals are about to get expired and I don't know whether they are going to extend my medicals or tell me to retake them.
Can I ask them to let me retake the medical exam, rather than extending it? Will that request (if I can submit it) will induce further delays on the process of my application?
Frankly speaking, extending my medicals for 6 months won't help me in my situation. so I am looking for a 1 year extension by retaking the medicals.

Your help will be much appreciated.
You do not have to request IRCC to let you re-do the meds. If you want to do it on your own accord, just get it done and send the upfront sheet to IRCC via webform.

Doing a new re-med is your choice, you can do it on your own accord or wait for a request from IRCC.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
@Purva_J mine is feb 15 2020, no movement since June 2020, Med passed and biometric done 3march 2020. So frustrating.
my husband’s work permit is expiring next month hence he cannot work. I am main application of PR application, but as his work permit is expiring and being his dependent I cannot work either. My lawyer said we cannot apply BOWP for him. Soooo stressed because of this situation and waiting game.

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
@Purva_J mine is feb 15 2020, no movement since June 2020, Med passed and biometric done 3march 2020. So frustrating.
my husband’s work permit is expiring next month hence he cannot work. I am main application of PR application, but as his work permit is expiring and being his dependent I cannot work either. My lawyer said we cannot apply BOWP for him. Soooo stressed because of this situation and waiting game.
If you are the principle applicant, you can apply for BOWP right and once you apply for BOWP, your husband can apply for SOWP right ?

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
If you are the principle applicant, you can apply for BOWP right and once you apply for BOWP, your husband can apply for SOWP right ?
@roland1990 , yeah I think so too, but my lawyer said my husband can apply for visitor visa extension if we cannot get PR before his work permit expires. As I am not working being a new mom, I can apply for BOWP(being principal applicant for PR) but he will not get SOWP. I am so stressed Dnt know wat to do and how to run the family. Worst case scenario would be that I will be working and leaving my new born with my husband. All thanks to IRCC backlog mess.
Even if I will be working, we would have no financial support as we won’t be able to work before getting BOWP. So those 4- 5 month would be crucial for living on top of it would have to apply for new SIN as the current one will expire with the work permit.

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
You do not have to request IRCC to let you re-do the meds. If you want to do it on your own accord, just get it done and send the upfront sheet to IRCC via webform.

Doing a new re-med is your choice, you can do it on your own accord or wait for a request from IRCC.
@legalfalcon Thanks for your assistance. I just took an appointment and they asked me to bring an immigration document but they didn't specify which one exactly. Will a copy of my ITA will be acceptable? Or should I give them something else like a copy of my AOR?
The first time I did my medicals, I gave them a copy of my ITA prior to submitting my e-APR and they accepted it.

Appreciate your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for your assistance. I just took an appointment and they asked me to bring an immigration document but they didn't specify which one exactly. Will a copy of my ITA will be acceptable? Or should I give them something else like a copy of my AOR?
The first time I did my medicals, I gave them a copy of my ITA prior to submitting my e-APR and they accepted it.

Appreciate your help.
5. What to carry with you for the Medical Examination
When an appointment is scheduled with a panel physician, the panel physician will provide the details of what all documents are required on the day of the medical examination. Usually the following are mandatory:

• Identification document – Passport;
  • If an applicant wears an eye glass or contact lens, they should carry it along with them;
  • Any medical reports or test results of an existing or cured medical conditions; and
  • Fee.
  • Four Passport photographs if the panel physician does not use eMedical. Most physicians using eMedical will take a digital picture on the day of the medical examination.
It is always better to schedule an appointment and ask for the required documents. Some panel physicians also ask for Invitation to Apply (ITA) Document.

To read more on Medicals, see https://bit.ly/3bNKe83

roland1990

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
@roland1990 , yeah I think so too, but my lawyer said my husband can apply for visitor visa extension if we cannot get PR before his work permit expires. As I am not working being a new mom, I can apply for BOWP(being principal applicant for PR) but he will not get SOWP. I am so stressed Dnt know wat to do and how to run the family. Worst case scenario would be that I will be working and leaving my new born with my husband. All thanks to IRCC backlog mess.
Even if I will be working, we would have no financial support as we won’t be able to work before getting BOWP. So those 4- 5 month would be crucial for living on top of it would have to apply for new SIN as the current one will expire with the work permit.
Did you ask your lawyer why ie if you are applying for BOWP, why your spouse cant apply for Spousal Open Work Permit ? Logically, I believe SOWP's purpose is to give authorization to work for spouse.