+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>February 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey guys, i just logged in to IRCC, I saw Application/profile updated.
I checked the profile..nothing has changed..
Then I refreshed the page..Application/profile updated WAS GONE!
It came back to submitted!!

Same here..I have 3 years Canadian experience + Canadian BA Degree + 2 job offers on the table - Still waiting since 27th Feb!
That was a ghost update - that means someone was working on your profile/application that is a good thing!! the moment you refresh tho it will go away as it is deemed you have already seen the update - my AOR was Feb. 17 - inland application with also 3 year Canadian experience plus a diploma from a canadian college and have been here since 2013 - currently working and have another job offer - i got my PPR email November 13! i could imagine you will get this email any day now

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Anyone from Vancouver Vo got their PPR?
Anyone know anything about Vancouver VO? Did they give up reviewing PR applications :D?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Well I checked with my friends and they said their phones are working fine. A20 to A70 are available in Canadian market, you can check if the band width of your phone is the same as them. Also you can check the network providers bandwidths.
I'm sure most newer phones will have no issues. But band compatibility among smartphones is a huge topic. Different bands are available in different countries. Different manufactures produce different phones supporting different groups of bands in different regions, etc. The same phone from a different region can possibly have a different band. Samsung especially has multiple variants of the same phone... The details are in the model number when you go to 'about phone' not the marketing name of the phone. Sometimes SOME bands work and not others so you get limited connectivity compared to a local phone.

When I first landed in the US, my flagship Samsung phone wouldn't work with two carriers (although this was years ago) so I just ended up buying a phone locally. I plan to do the same in Canada for maximum compatibility.

Reactions: RBV2909

Jansell

Nov 23, 2019
Me, I have not passed yet:

AOR: Feb 27th.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • April 5, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

You might see some movement next week for your AOR - our MP called us today to say everything has been verified and it is waiting for the final review, she also said expect to see the application move out of Montreal. They are incredibly backlogged and are going to be spreading the workload across different offices in the country.

charisy

Dec 1, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, any update today?
I submitted detailed cv/resume several days ago but the ADR still shows "Not Applicable". Definitely in SS now. :confused:

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I am in the same boat but March AOR.
What is your current status about Eligibility ? Is it passed or under review/review required?
Is your VO Sydney?
Hey dear !!!
Applied in March 11/2019
Aor April 10/2019
Medical passed may 15/2019
Biometrics done in June 10/2019
Criminality done in June 2019
Security has started in aug 12/2019
File still in Sydney cio
Still not transfer yet ...
How long more does it take to get transfer

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I'm sure most newer phones will have no issues. But band compatibility among smartphones is a huge topic. Different bands are available in different countries. Different manufactures produce different phones supporting different groups of bands in different regions, etc. The same phone from a different region can possibly have a different band. Samsung especially has multiple variants of the same phone... The details are in the model number when you go to 'about phone' not the marketing name of the phone. Sometimes SOME bands work and not others so you get limited connectivity compared to a local phone.

When I first landed in the US, my flagship Samsung phone wouldn't work with two carriers (although this was years ago) so I just ended up buying a phone locally. I plan to do the same in Canada for maximum compatibility.
I will see if mine is working, then I will decide whether to get one or not.
I have checked the bands of almost all providers in Canada and its so confusing, not a single provider supports all the bands. No wonder its one of the most expensive country for cell phone connections. Wish I could ask Jio to come there and ruin the dirty games being played by the big 3.

Reactions: PrasadK
Oct 21, 2019
Hello all, Just wanted to share my experience if it helps anyone,

Express Entry profile submitted - December 1, 2018
Invitation to Apply - December 12, 2018 (was lucky there with a quick draw)
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - February 9, 2019 (don't be lazy like me, submit it earlier)
Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)- February 9, 2019
Review of medical results - March 29, 2019
Biometrics - April 1, 2019

and after this I kept waiting for any intimation, my timeline said I should get a response by September 9th (standard 6 months), but I did not. In the last week of September, I wrote a web-form query checking the status of my application, I got a response saying that the application was under process and I would be contacted if there was need for any additional document. Three weeks later, in mid October, I followed up with another web-form query and got the same response once again. Finally at the end of October, I contacted the customer care over phone, only to find that an email was sent to me in the month of September asking to submit the passport. After a short conversation, I was able to convince the executive that I had not received the message neither on my email nor on MyCIC account. They raised a request to resend the mail asking me to submit the passport. I found later that my,

Review of eligibility was completed - September 12, 2019
Email notification to submit passport - November 06, 2019
Passport submitted to VFS - November 11, 2019
CoPR received on courier - November 21, 2019

I just booked my tickets and be flying out in the month of December. Thank you for all your wishes.
If you have any queries then feel free to ask, I can answer to the best of my knowledge

Cheers and good luck to you all.