+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
So after 8 months and more, I decided to send a webform inquiry as to why the hell things were taking so long. I only got a canned response that my application is with the London office, they'll let me know if they need documents, yaddah yaddah. I just thought I'd mention this just in case someone wants to try to send a webform right now- you'll only be told "it's in process".

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
So after 8 months and more, I decided to send a webform inquiry as to why the hell things were taking so long. I only got a canned response that my application is with the London office, they'll let me know if they need documents, yaddah yaddah. I just thought I'd mention this just in case someone wants to try to send a webform right now- you'll only be told "it's in process".
You will receive a test invite soon, Loki. Hold on tight!
You're so close!

Sending good vibes your way! :)

Kal

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hey everybody,

How is it going? I received my Oath Ceremony invitation (via email) this afternoon and it's scheduled for
Jan 15, 2019 (Tue) in Mississauga.

If you're waiting for your test or oath invites, please hold on tight! You will soon receive them!
Good luck to you all :)

Kal

w_aamr

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO-CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Feb-2012
Med's Request
3-May 2012
Med's Done....
15-May-2012
Finally, I received my invitation for the oath ceremony in Mississauga Jan 15th, 2019

wish everybody good luck

thanks

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello all, guys i applied on 23 feb 2018, application received on 1 march 2018 .. i did my test on 1 aug 2018.. and got decision made ..
Actually i want to travel to my back home on 10 feb 2019 for 2 months to attend some weddings .. but the problem is i havnt received my oath yet.. i tried to talk to call centre one time but it didnt work.. they told me to write a letter to my local office but i didnt do it.. my local office is Scarbrough .. any sugesstion what to do? It will be appriciated .. thanks in Advance

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hello all, guys i applied on 23 feb 2018, application received on 1 march 2018 .. i did my test on 1 aug 2018.. and got decision made ..
Actually i want to travel to my back home on 10 feb 2019 for 2 months to attend some weddings .. but the problem is i havnt received my oath yet.. i tried to talk to call centre one time but it didnt work.. they told me to write a letter to my local office but i didnt do it.. my local office is Scarbrough .. any sugesstion what to do? It will be appriciated .. thanks in Advance
Hey Ovaisyasin, taking into consideration of our almost similar timelines, I am hopeful that you will get your Oath Ceremony invite sometime in January. As for your Canadian Passport, you can request for urgent processing (by paying a little extra) and receive it in one business working day. So, I think that you should wait to hear from them.

I wish that you would get your invite soon.
Let us know when you do & how it all works out for you.

Good luck!

Kal

Last edited:

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hey Ovaisyasin, I am hopeful that you will get your Oath Ceremony invite sometime in January. As for your Canadian Passport, you can request for urgent processing (by paying a little extra) and receive it in one business working day. So, I think that you should wait to hear from them.

I wish that you would get your invite soon.
Let us know when you do & how it all works out for you.

Good luck!

Kal
Sure sir.. thankyou for your reply and your kind words.. i hope u and everyone who are waiting get their invites Soon .. if i didnt get the oath in january .. then may be i will go and come back again for oath.. i know it will cost me way more.. if i come back for a week it will be fine?.. oath + pasport?.. everything in one week? .. any idea?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Sure sir.. thankyou for your reply and your kind words.. i hope u and everyone who are waiting get their invites Soon .. if i didnt get the oath in january .. then may be i will go and come back again for oath.. i know it will cost me way more.. if i come back for a week it will be fine?.. oath + pasport?.. everything in one week? .. any idea?
You're welcome. I already got my Oath invitation and that's why I have reason to believe that you'll get it soon, hopefully sometime in the new year. I see your point but you can't guess the timelines when it comes to IRCC. On my invitation it was mentioned that I have to wait for 3 business days after Citizenship ceremony to apply for passport. So assuming that you have received your ceremony date (+ wait for 3 days + 1 business day to get your passport under urgent category), yes the chances of you completing the process in one week are high!

All you can do right now is to wait and see what happens. Take one day @ a time!

Kal

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
You're welcome. I already got my Oath invitation and that's why I have reason to believe that you'll get it soon, hopefully sometime in the new year. I see your point but you can't guess the timelines when it comes to IRCC. On my invitation it was mentioned that I have to wait for 3 business days after Citizenship ceremony to apply for passport. So assuming that you have received your ceremony date (+ wait for 3 days + 1 business day to get your passport under urgent category), yes the chances of you completing the process in one week are high!

All you can do right now is to wait and see what happens. Take one day @ a time!

Kal
Congrats Sir and thanks alot .. i should wait then .. lets see what happen

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Kal one more question for you.. i applied for my parents citizenship also (in April 2018).. they got their dicision made this month (in december).. so what do u think irrc will send oath for all of us together?.. or they will send seperately?

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Kal one more question for you.. i applied for my parents citizenship also (in April 2018).. they got their dicision made this month (in december).. so what do u think irrc will send oath for all of us together?.. or they will send seperately?
Since you and your parents have applied at different times, they may or may not invite you all together. It all depends on IRCC policies and the team in charge of sending invitations . I do think that it would be super special for you and your family if they invite you all at the same time though. One more thing to wait and see how it all goes!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Kal

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Since you and your parents have applied at different times, they may or may not invite you all together. It all depends on IRCC policies and the team in charge of sending invitations . I do think that it would be super special for you and your family if they invite you all at the same time though. One more thing to wait and see how it all goes!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Kal
Ok ok .. thanks Alot for your reply Sir ..

BigG

May 18, 2018
Hello Happy Holidays

After more than 10 month of my application (FEB 14 2018) just received the email to attend the test in Mississauga on Jan 09 2019.

Hope the best for all in this forum. And Happy new year 2019

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hello Happy Holidays

After more than 10 month of my application (FEB 14 2018) just received the email to attend the test in Mississauga on Jan 09 2019.

Hope the best for all in this forum. And Happy new year 2019
Good luck with your test! :)
Happy holidays to you as well!

Kal