+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
FEBRUARY APPLICANTS MISSISSAUGA ANY NEWS GETTING TEST INVITE:(?
If it's anything like London, the system is severely delayed. I guess they're working through a metric fuck-ton of applications now. Just remember that the spreadsheet we have is a very small amount of the applications they receive. That being said though, they really need to do something about it. We're closing in on the 12 month mark pretty fast, so they either need to update their processing times or step up.

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Dear All,
Congratulations to everyone whose file is progressing and best of luck who are waiting for next steps.

Quick question: If you have already got your Oath Ceremony letter or Decision Made - Has IRCC called the contacts which you had provided in Employment history??

If yes at what state of application they call, just want ensure to alert the contacts provided in Question 11.

Thanks a lot..

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!!

qiuqiushasha

Aug 10, 2015
Dear All,
Congratulations to everyone whose file is progressing and best of luck who are waiting for next steps.

Quick question: If you have already got your Oath Ceremony letter or Decision Made - Has IRCC called the contacts which you had provided in Employment history??

If yes at what state of application they call, just want ensure to alert the contacts provided in Question 11.

Thanks a lot..

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!!
I dont think they will call if really necessary

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Finally my journey towards Canadian Citizenship is nearing an end. Got the oath invite today, scheduled for January 29th at the Scarborough Office. A fine start to the new year indeed! :):):)

Details of the timeline in my signature below. Admin, please update the Feb spreadsheet. Thanks!

hasanrasheed

Mar 1, 2013
we applied from Mississauga on 5 Feb 2018 and application started processing from 17 Apr, no date for test so far, we have PR expired and cannot travel out.

i have heard mississauga ofc is slow and understaff and have huge applicant load,

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
we applied from Mississauga on 5 Feb 2018 and application started processing from 17 Apr, no date for test so far, we have PR expired and cannot travel out.

i have heard Mississauga ofc is slow and understaff and have huge applicant load,
See last post of January 2018 he applied in Mississauga and is now a citizen was invited for the test after 9 months after submitting his application. Also there are 2 or 3 February applicants from Mississauga who are now citizens. I don't know how and why they were chosen to complete their citizenship faster than the rest? Shouldn't we all be treated the same

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Any updates??? Some January and February Mississauga applicants completed the whole process within a year .. Anyone else got test in January . I am afraid our process passes the one year an more I am one of those who waited 4 years before applying and now another one year. One of the OP did test in Mississauga and was surprised the place WASN'T fully packed.. I would like to understand how it works? What are waiting for?

audge

Mar 1, 2018
I have my test January 7th. If everything goes okay, my oath is the same day
Update: all done

Test in the morning followed by the interview(which was more of a document check) and then the oath a few hours later. Now a citizen

I live a couple of hours away so I believe they did it all in one day so I wouldn't need to travel multiple times