February 2016 Applications

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
I had my eCAS changed to "Decision Made" today and approximately in a week after the test in Surrey, BC office. However,my daughter (family application) who also wrote the test still shows "In Process". I hope there wont be any problems. I short, happy and a bit tensed at the same time.
:D ::)

Congrats ajithpl :D :D

Hope your daughter's status will soon be changed to DM.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my oath ceremony invite today set for July 12.

My journey is over. I am outta here.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Rayan14 said:
Received my oath ceremony invite today set for July 12.

My journey is over. I am outta here.
Congrats! :)

Hoping to receive ours sometime soon.

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
Woohoo I received oath invite yesterday (June 28th) in the mail. Husband received his today. Both of us have our oath on August 9th. Delighted :D We both took our test on April 14th if that helps give an idea of the timeline for the Vancouver office. Full timeline in spreadsheet.

As expected ECAS not updated with oath details yet (last update was 'decision made').

Congrats to others whose applications have been moving along too ;D

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Vangel said:
Woohoo I received oath invite yesterday (June 28th) in the mail. Husband received his today. Both of us have our oath on August 9th. Delighted :D We both took our test on April 14th if that helps give an idea of the timeline for the Vancouver office. Full timeline in spreadsheet.

As expected ECAS not updated with oath details yet (last update was 'decision made').

Congrats to others whose applications have been moving along too ;D
Congrats! :)

Hoping to get ours very soon. My CIC officer told my wife (hers was the 2nd of our two interviews) that it's take "around a month probably less" and that was 7th June.

Surrey seems a lot slower offering test dates, but faster with oath ceremonies?

Our last update on ECAS was February still with "We started processing ....." - not sure how or why our ECAS status was clogged but don't THINK it will impact our actual oath dates. Of course since they send them out by regular mail and there may be a postal strike starting this weekend, it is a big concerning!

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services

Effective July 11, 2016, the special measures below are no longer in effect. We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-07-06.asp?_ga=1.41321765.662457318.1447896941#archived

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back from the oath ceremony. Doesn't feel any different from yesterday when I wasn't a full Cdn citizen. Kinda deflated actually, since it took 4.5 years time and two attempts to accomplish this thing. So deflated and not excited. So glad the previous Gov't is gone and now applications are being processed faster.
This is probably my last entry here. I hope all of you get your citizenship papers. Don't feel hopeless. Press on until you're successful.

Good luck to all of you and thanks to many on this forum who shared their experiences and knowledge to help the rest of us go through this useless and endless citizenship process.

Bon Chancé....

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
Back from the oath ceremony. Doesn't feel any different from yesterday when I wasn't a full Cdn citizen. Kinda deflated actually, since it took 4.5 years time and two attempts to accomplish this thing. So deflated and not excited. So glad the previous Gov't is gone and now applications are being processed faster.
So This is probably my last entry here. I hope all of you get your citizenship papers. Don't feel hopeless. Press on until you're successful.

Good luck to all of you and thanks to many on this forum who shared their experiences and knowledge to help the rest of us go through this useless and endless citizenship process.

Bon Chancé....

Congrats Rayan14 ...

I wish you all the best :D

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Today, I received my invitation letter to take the Oath of Citizenship on July 25. The letter is dated June 30, however, my ECAS has not been updated yet. My journey is almost complete and I would like to take this opportunity and thank you guys for sharing your experience in this forum ...

I hope that everyone waiting for the oath ceremony gets his/her invitation soon ...

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Reom27 and all others who completed their CIT journey. I had my DM on June 27 and hopefully I can complete mine before Dec as my PR card expires in Dec. For my daughter (15 years), the eCAS still shows in process only; probably they will update only for adults.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
Congrats Reom27 and all others who completed their CIT journey. I had my DM on June 27 and hopefully I can complete mine before Dec as my PR card expires in Dec. For my daughter (15 years), the eCAS still shows in process only; probably they will update only for adults.

Many thanks ajithpl,
I hope the remaining process of your application is finalized soon with the invitation letter to take the Oath of Citizenship :) :)

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 said:
Many thanks ajithpl,
I hope the remaining process of your application is finalized soon with the invitation letter to take the Oath of Citizenship :) :)
Congrats Reom27. How many days residency you had when you made the application ? is exactly 1460 days or more