13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Rayan14 said:
There is an ignore button or something. Feel free to click it so you don't have to see my posts. You don't have to respond to everything posted by people. Also, nobody asked you or appointed you to be the defender of the conservative gov't horrid immigration policies that ruined many lives. Get lost, dude.
I wasn't defending the conservatives - if you ever bothered to read what I'd written, which obviously you hadn't before flying off the handle in outrage, you'd see I was by and large criticizing them.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

And no I won't "get lost" - why must you lower yourself to insults? I see no reason for any of this.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I wasn't defending the conservatives - if you ever bothered to read what I'd written, which obviously you hadn't before flying off the handle in outrage, you'd see I was by and large criticizing them.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

And no I won't "get lost" - why must you lower yourself to insults? I see no reason for any of this.

I assume you comment on people's conversations when riding the public transit system too. I see no reason as to why I should give "you" evidence regarding conservatives having ruined the lives of half a million citizenship and spouse sponsorship applicants between 2011 and 2015. I guess you don't watch or read the news. Good luck to you. Plz refrain from commenting on my views from now on. Thnx.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Rayan14 said:
I assume you comment on people's conversations when riding the public transit system too. I see no reason as to why I should give "you" evidence regarding conservatives having ruined the lives of half a million citizenship and spouse sponsorship applicants between 2011 and 2015. I guess you don't watch or read the news. Good luck to you. Plz refrain from commenting on my views from now on. Thnx.
I am not and never have asked for "evidence" regarding conservatives ruining anybody's lives.

You seem to have entirely misunderstood my posts, probably because of the brief nature of your perusal whilst riding transit it seems. I'd invite you to read my posts again more thoroughly, and I am sure you will see you have the wrong end of the stick.

You eluded to some issues in the past I simply wanted to ask some details. Upon actually understanding what had happened I might have totally agreed with you.

And this is a public forum, so no I can't promise I'll refrain from commenting on anybody's views - yours or anyone else's.

Crafty

Jun 10, 2016
Hi Cappuccino/Rayan14,

Would you know if the applications are still categorized as routine and non routine?

Thanks,
Crafty

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Crafty said:
Hi Cappuccino/Rayan14,

Would you know if the applications are still categorized as routine and non routine?

Thanks,
Crafty
I am not sure to be honest. CIC website seems to indicate they still can be :-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crafty said:
Hi Cappuccino/Rayan14,

Thanks,
Crafty
No clue. Sorry. But I am not sure if today's Non-routine applications are going to be like the ones in the previous years. Is yours non-routine now?

Crafty

Jun 10, 2016
Thank you,
cappuccino/Rayan14

I am not sure whether my application is routine or non-routine. When I called the immigration office I was told that they don't categorize applications like that anymore. But the website still has information about routine and non routine. So its a bit confusing...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crafty said:
Thank you,
cappuccino/Rayan14

I am not sure whether my application is routine or non-routine. When I called the immigration office I was told that they don't categorize applications like that anymore. But the website still has information about routine and non routine. So its a bit confusing...
Then you should believe the CIC.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi der,

Congrats you scored 100% in cic test. Just yesterday I have received test invitation on July 7th( Calgary)

Can u please guide me about test pattern like duration of test, on computer or on paper , etc..?? N also how they check / verify original documents and would they take interview regarding knowledge of Canada as mentioned in letter??

In sort just briefly explain what happened on that day ???

Thanks

Cappuccino said:
Hi all,

Figured I'd start a Feb 2016 applicants thread since I couldn't see one. We sent our application at the weekend and FedEx expected delivery date is 4th Feb 2016. Vancouver will be our local CIC office.

Still seems a little backwards to me - having to courier our application from Vancouver all the way over to Nova Scotia, so they can check everything is there and then send it all the way back to Vancouver for processing. Would save a lot of time if the local visa offices could just do everything, then we could just hop on a Skytrain and hand-delivery our application to Vancouver CIC.

Ah well, it is what it is! :)
Reply here to share your timelines!

Cheers,
Cappuccino

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipashah said:
Hi der,

Congrats you scored 100% in cic test. Just yesterday I have received test invitation on July 7th( Calgary)

Can u please guide me about test pattern like duration of test, on computer or on paper , etc..?? N also how they check / verify original documents and would they take interview regarding knowledge of Canada as mentioned in letter??

In sort just briefly explain what happened on that day ???

Thanks
Hi "there" to you too. They'll explain all of that to you on the day of your citizenship test.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Ya I know they ll explain on that day , but you guys already did so if u can share here your experience , it ll be really appreciate .

Thanks in advance

Rayan14 said:
Hi "there" to you too. They'll explain all of that to you on the day of your citizenship test.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dipashah said:
Ya I know they ll explain on that day , but you guys already did so if u can share here your experience , it ll be really appreciate .

Thanks in advance
Hi - well technically we are not allowed to share our experience. The CIC officer made it very clear that before we took our test there is a non-disclosure clause in force, and not only are we not allowed to discuss the test and the questions, but also the process. Anyone caught divulging anything about the tests or processes can be stripped of citizenship.

So in this interests of being safe rather than sorry, I'd rather not say too much about it.
The reason I think is that being able to understand the instructions on the day is part of the test - they want to assess your language skills.

I can tell you that the test was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Honestly read the book a couple of times through and be able to answer the practice questions on the various practice question sites people have linked, and you'll be fine.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's ok, I understand!!

Cappuccino said:
Hi - well technically we are not allowed to share our experience. The CIC officer made it very clear that before we took our test there is a non-disclosure clause in force, and not only are we not allowed to discuss the test and the questions, but also the process. Anyone caught divulging anything about the tests or processes can be stripped of citizenship.

So in this interests of being safe rather than sorry, I'd rather not say too much about it.
The reason I think is that being able to understand the instructions on the day is part of the test - they want to assess your language skills.

I can tell you that the test was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Honestly read the book a couple of times through and be able to answer the practice questions on the various practice question sites people have linked, and you'll be fine.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Crafty said:
I thought so, just couldn't believe the person on the phone. Well, I will eventually find out. :)
I think the new government has changed a lot of rules and procedures. Hopefully non-routine applications are of a thing of the past. In Australia it takes less than 85 calendar days to process and grant/refuse a citizenship application. Canada should and can do better.