13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Rayan14 said:
Dude, I don't have to explain everything to you. Do I?
You're entitled to your opinion but not your facts. What are you? Jason Kenney's bro now? Amazing how some people have the gall to call in to question other people's experiences at the hand of the government. Mind your business since I didn't ask for your defense of an indefensible gov't policy.
Why the hostility and aggression given my post was mostly agreeing with you?

Firstly I agreed with your point about staff cuts and budgetary savings, ("This is a good point") even adding to it criticizing the conservatives for their extortionate price increases.

Then I agreed with you on the RQ and offered an example of my friend whose application was delayed by almost a year because of it.

Then I ask one simple question at the end because I didn't have enough information to understand your viewpoint, and you fly off the handle telling me to mind my own business and accuse me, incredibly inaccurately, of defending the Conservatives' "indefensible" policies. How am I in any way defending the Conservatives when most of my last post was criticizing them?

I was not "calling into question other people's experiences", nor did I have the "gall" to do so, I was simply trying to find out more information so I could understand them.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
beautybear said:
congrats, same day test and same day DM haha
Congrats both beautybear and Rayan14 on decision made.

Ours is still stuck on "We started processing your application..." despite our already having taken and passed the citizenship test so I think our ECAS is bugged. Probably we won't get a Decision Made and we have to just wait until the Oath letter arrives in the post. Hope the letter gets in the right mailbox! :)

Crafty

Jun 10, 2016
Crafty said:
Hi All,

Is there anyone in this forum, who has applied from Mississauga around Feb 29, and got their test dates?

When I called the immigration office, I was told that applications are not classified as routine/non-routine any more. Is it true?

Thanks

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Why the hostility and aggression given my post was mostly agreeing with you?

Firstly I agreed with your point about staff cuts and budgetary savings, ("This is a good point") even adding to it criticizing the conservatives for their extortionate price increases.

Then I agreed with you on the RQ and offered an example of my friend whose application was delayed by almost a year because of it.

Then I ask one simple question at the end because I didn't have enough information to understand your viewpoint, and you fly off the handle telling me to mind my own business and accuse me, incredibly inaccurately, of defending the Conservatives' "indefensible" policies. How am I in any way defending the Conservatives when most of my last post was criticizing them?

I was not "calling into question other people's experiences", nor did I have the "gall" to do so, I was simply trying to find out more information so I could understand them.
Because a lot of BS was said.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Rayan14 said:
Because a lot of BS was said.
I thought you were a reasonable person and we were having a constructive discussion.

Seems I was mistaken on both counts.

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
Anybody in Vancouver with an oath invitation yet?

For Vancouver specifically, there are only 3 completed applications in the current tracking spreadsheet with an average timeline of 81 days from test date to oath date (89, 86 and 69 days to be exact - with the shorter duration being in 2016, others in 2015). There is no indication of timeline from the date an oath invitation was actually received by a Vancouver applicant to the ceremony date itself.

I know I'm completely overanalyzing this (bored and looking for something to do!) but I'm at Day 62 today June 15th (test was April 14th). I was hoping that maybe we might be called to a July 1st Canada Day special oath ceremony but I figure they would give more than 2 weeks notice so unless we receive something in the next day or two, I don't think that's very likely! I see someone from Ottawa on a different thread received a July 1st invite by phone call on June 9th which also makes me think more notice would be given.

Apart from the cool date significance itself, it would also be great to have a ceremony on Canada Day for work/childcare reasons (we have very young kids). BUT I know I should be grateful and will be grateful just to have an oath date set whenever it might be as many are not so lucky with their timelines... patience, patience :)

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
So there is still a chance for us for July 1st!! ;) Just saw this in the citizenship notification policy section on the CIC website:

"Citizenship staff should send the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship (CIT 0024) form, to candidates who have met all the requirements for citizenship. This notice should be mailed to the applicant at least 14 calendar days before the ceremony so that it reaches each candidate at least seven days before the ceremony."

It's also interesting to look at the upcoming ceremonies scheduled on the CIC site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
There are 7 ceremonies scheduled in Vancouver between now and Canada Day and 1 currently scheduled for Canada Day. I didn't imagine that ceremonies would be held quite so frequently!
The fact that these ceremonies are scheduled does not necessarily mean that all the people who will be attending these ceremonies have received their invites already as a person on a different forum indicated that they had seen the scheduled date on the website BEFORE actually receiving their invite.

Cappuccino, it looks like Surrey schedules ceremonies at 9 and 11am on certain Thursdays.

Anyway random info that may be of interest to nobody.... :D

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Vangel said:
Glad you and your wife passed your tests Cappuccino (though that was hardly a surprise!)
Yeah - in the end I felt I had massively over-studied for it, I was actually hoping as I went through the test that the questions would get harder!

Still, better safe than sorry I guess :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Vangel said:
So there is still a chance for us for July 1st!! ;) Just saw this in the citizenship notification policy section on the CIC website:

"Citizenship staff should send the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship (CIT 0024) form, to candidates who have met all the requirements for citizenship. This notice should be mailed to the applicant at least 14 calendar days before the ceremony so that it reaches each candidate at least seven days before the ceremony."

It's also interesting to look at the upcoming ceremonies scheduled on the CIC site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
There are 7 ceremonies scheduled in Vancouver between now and Canada Day and 1 currently scheduled for Canada Day. I didn't imagine that ceremonies would be held quite so frequently!
The fact that these ceremonies are scheduled does not necessarily mean that all the people who will be attending these ceremonies have received their invites already as a person on a different forum indicated that they had seen the scheduled date on the website BEFORE actually receiving their invite.

Cappuccino, it looks like Surrey schedules ceremonies at 9 and 11am on certain Thursdays.

Anyway random info that may be of interest to nobody.... :D
Hi - thanks for the update!

Well a letter in the mailbox is probably the only communication I believe we're going to get - after 2.5 months since our test invites were sent, our ECAS STILL is stuck on "We started processing your application..." so I don't think we'll even see Decision Made on there before our oath.

When I queried the CIC officer at my post-test interview he just said "I don't know.. it's an automated system" and he really didn't seem to have a clue about ECAS.

Although obviously we'd love to get in for the Canada Day ceremony, I think it's probably scraping it a bit fine. I would be nice to know the actual date, though, even if it's several months away, so we can actually plan our holidays.

Anyway fingers crossed you get your oath date soon!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/celebrate/ceremony-map/ceremony.asp

Here you can see all the special Canada Day citizenship ceremonies planned, and just type the name of the province to get a filtered list for your province.

British Columbia has 5 special July 1st ceremonies - Fort Langley, New Westminster, Steveston, Central Vancouver and Victoria.
Keeping fingers crossed we managed to get squeezed in for the Fort Langley one which is just a few minutes drive from our house at the National Historic Site they have there!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I thought you were a reasonable person and we were having a constructive discussion.

Seems I was mistaken on both counts.
I don't care what you thought. Mind your own business, please.

===========

No updates or letters here for me. I think (I am being optimistic), the upcoming August's "Civic Holiday" is more likely a date for some of us to attend a ceremony. I can't wait....

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Rayan14 said:
I don't care what you thought. Mind your own business, please.

===========

No updates or letters here for me. I think (I am being optimistic), the upcoming August's "Civic Holiday" is more likely a date for some of us to attend a ceremony. I can't wait....
No I won't "mind my own business" with what you choose to write on a public forum.

If you make posts on a public forum, expect people to respond to them and ask questions about what you've written.

If you didn't want this - don't post it in the first place.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
No I won't "mind my own business" with what you choose to write on a public forum.

If you make posts on a public forum, expect people to respond to them and ask questions about what you've written.

If you didn't want this - don't post it in the first place.

There is an ignore button or something. Feel free to click it so you don't have to see my posts. You don't have to respond to everything posted by people. Also, nobody asked you or appointed you to be the defender of the conservative gov't horrid immigration policies that ruined many lives. Get lost, dude.