13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
benjie said:
Is it the website practice questions pretty much same in the the cit exam? Thank you
I am not allowed to divulge anything that is on the actual exam because of the non-disclosure clause (and in any case everyone gets a different exam, chances are you will not even get 1 question the same as my exam when you take yours).

But what I will say is that generally I found the practice questions in the sites I linked to be more difficult than the actual exam.

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I am not allowed to divulge anything that is on the actual exam because of the non-disclosure clause (and in any case everyone gets a different exam, chances are you will not even get 1 question the same as my exam when you take yours).

But what I will say is that generally I found the practice questions in the sites I linked to be more difficult than the actual exam.

ohh.. ok thank you or replying :)

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got 19/20 for my test on june 7th, and my ECAS process is change to decision made today...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
beautybear said:
i got 19/20 for my test on june 7th, and my ECAS process is change to decision made today...
Congrats. Which testing office did you go to?

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
PCC request 12/04/11 Dispatched 15/05/11
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
Guys.. Back on the forum after 4 years and was so glad to see some familiar names still around..
I sent off my Citizenship application in May 2016.. is this the right form for me ?? if not.. could someone please direct me to the right one !!

thanks

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgupta said:
Guys.. Back on the forum after 4 years and was so glad to see some familiar names still around..
I sent off my Citizenship application in May 2016.. is this the right form for me ?? if not.. could someone please direct me to the right one !!

thanks

You can check out this thread for May applicants

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2016-citizenship-applications-t413171.0.html

All the best on the process of your application

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just checked ECAS today and it shows 'decision made' but no other update provided.

On a side note, I am So glad that the Conservatives are out of office. They were a nightmare for citizenship applicants.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgupta said:

thanks
This is the February applicants' thread though.

Crafty

Jun 10, 2016
Hi All,

Is there anyone in this forum, who has applied from Mississauga around Feb 29, and got their test dates?

When I called the immigration office, I was told that applications are not classified as routine/non-routine any more. Is it true?

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Rayan14 said:
Just checked ECAS today and it shows 'decision made' but no other update provided.

On a side note, I am So glad that the Conservatives are out of office. They were a nightmare for citizenship applicants.
I am certainly no Conservative supporter. However, I fail to be honest to see what was THAT bad about the C-24 bill.

The extra year one had to wait until the 4/6 rules was more than compensated for by the vastly reduced timelines of the new streamlined process, reduced wait times from over 2 years, to 6 months or less in many cases.

Changing the age where one had to take a citizenship test and prove language skills from 55 to 65 I also don't particularly have a problem with. If you are 65 or younger and therefore of workable age, I don't see what it's unreasonable to ask that if you want to become a citizen you can speak and understand English or French to a reasonable level and prove you have at least some knowledge of Canada's history and government etc.

As for the ability to revoke citizenship from a national security point of view for those that pose a threat - one has to ask, it is so unreasonable for Canada to say that they don't want serious criminals as citizens?

And as for making a commitment to reside in Canada - why should someone be granted Citizenship to a country they have no intention of residing in?

All in all I have no particular preference to C-24 remaining in place, or being amended by bill C-6. However, and I realize I may be in something of a minority on this forum in this regard, I do not see what was so "unfair" or unreasonable about bill C-24 in the first place.

]

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I am certainly no Conservative supporter. However, I fail to be honest to see what was THAT bad about the C-24 bill.

The extra year one had to wait until the 4/6 rules was more than compensated for by the vastly reduced timelines of the new streamlined process, reduced wait times from over 2 years, to 6 months or less in many cases.

Changing the age where one had to take a citizenship test and prove language skills from 55 to 65 I also don't particularly have a problem with. If you are 65 or younger and therefore of workable age, I don't see what it's unreasonable to ask that if you want to become a citizen you can speak and understand English or French to a reasonable level and prove you have at least some knowledge of Canada's history and government etc.

As for the ability to revoke citizenship from a national security point of view for those that pose a threat - one has to ask, it is so unreasonable for Canada to say that they don't want serious criminals as citizens?

And as for making a commitment to reside in Canada - why should someone be granted Citizenship to a country they have no intention of residing in?

All in all I have no particular preference to C-24 remaining in place, or being amended by bill C-6. However, and I realize I may be in something of a minority on this forum in this regard, I do not see what was so "unfair" or unreasonable about bill C-24 in the first place.
I don't have a beef with their bills or laws. I despised them for cutting the funds to the CIC and cutting the staff/clerks in the name of budgetary savings which in turn ruined millions of lives. I hate them for their creating a fraud named RQ to delay granting citizenship to those who were eligible. I despise them for treating me badly, and hate them for mistreating half a million newcomers. They shouldn't have opened the doors when they weren't really ready to process these new tax payers. And I am glad they're gone. Hopefully they have learnt from their horrid mistakes. I am also no liberal or NDP. I am an independent person, but I sincerely believe Conservatives ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants and their poor families.

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:

congrats, same day test and same day DM haha

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Rayan14 said:
I don't have a beef with their bills or laws. I despised them for cutting the funds to the CIC and cutting the staff/clerks in the name of budgetary savings which in turn ruined millions of lives. I hate them for their creating a fraud named RQ to delay granting citizenship to those who were eligible. I despise them for treating me badly, and hate them for mistreating half a million newcomers. They shouldn't have opened the doors when they weren't really ready to process these new tax payers. And I am glad they're gone. Hopefully they have learnt from their horrid mistakes. I am also no liberal or NDP. I am an independent person, but I sincerely believe Conservatives ruined the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants and their poor families.

Hi,

>I despised them for cutting the funds to the CIC and cutting the staff/clerks in the name of budgetary savings which in turn ruined millions of lives.

This is a good point. At the same time as they had "budgetary cuts" - the Conservatives hiked the prices of Citizenship processing.

Feb 2014 from $100 to $300
Jan 2015 from $300 to $530.

It doesn't take a maths genius to notice that's a 530% price increase in 13 months!!

Insanely expensive. The government "say" that it brings the cost closer to their actual costs, but I don't buy it. With the $100 right of citizenship fee (which is just another back-pocket for the government for which they provide no service whatsoever) husband + wife Citizenship application costs a staggering $1260.

2.5 years ago the same application would cost only $400.

Honestly in my view they should do something about the ridiculously high processing fees rather than worry about 4/6, intent to reside etc - which IMO were not bad rules.

>I hate them for their creating a fraud named RQ to delay granting citizenship to those who were eligible.

The RQ has been controversial. A friend of mine, also from the UK, got Citizenship last September and his applications was delayed by almost a year because of the RQ. But he had a LOT of USA visits.

>I despise them for treating me badly, and hate them for mistreating half a million newcomers.

How exactly have they treated you badly? What did they do? And how exactly did they mistreat half a million other newcomers? It's hard to agree or disagree without specifics.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

>I despised them for cutting the funds to the CIC and cutting the staff/clerks in the name of budgetary savings which in turn ruined millions of lives.

This is a good point. At the same time as they had "budgetary cuts" - the Conservatives hiked the prices of Citizenship processing.

Feb 2014 from $100 to $300
Jan 2015 from $300 to $530.

It doesn't take a maths genius to notice that's a 530% price increase in 13 months!!

Insanely expensive. The government "say" that it brings the cost closer to their actual costs, but I don't buy it. With the $100 right of citizenship fee (which is just another back-pocket for the government for which they provide no service whatsoever) husband + wife Citizenship application costs a staggering $1260.

2.5 years ago the same application would cost only $400.

Honestly in my view they should do something about the ridiculously high processing fees rather than worry about 4/6, intent to reside etc - which IMO were not bad rules.

>I hate them for their creating a fraud named RQ to delay granting citizenship to those who were eligible.

The RQ has been controversial. A friend of mine, also from the UK, got Citizenship last September and his applications was delayed by almost a year because of the RQ. But he had a LOT of USA visits.

>I despise them for treating me badly, and hate them for mistreating half a million newcomers.

How exactly have they treated you badly? What did they do? And how exactly did they mistreat half a million other newcomers? It's hard to agree or disagree without specifics.
Dude, I don't have to explain everything to you. Do I?
You're entitled to your opinion but not your facts. What are you? Jason Kenney's bro now? Amazing how some people have the gall to call in to question other people's experiences at the hand of the government. Mind your business since I didn't ask for your defense of an indefensible gov't policy.