February 2016 Applications

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 said:
Congrats Rayan14 ..

Do you mean your status was just updated today or you did not check it out before?
I just checked today.

Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, Looks like CIC would at least try to adhere to the 12 months processing time guidelines, yet no promises. They always have some or other excuse or tricks to justify delays. Now after test and everything, they are asking for Finger Print to borrow few more months.
Is that what happened to you? Plz expand.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
I just checked today.

Is that what happened to you? Plz expand.
I remember you from old thread "St Claire", after 4 years and going thru CJ hearing, Had to withdraw and re-apply. I re-applied in Oct 2015, got in process in Nov'2015 and did not hear anything yet. Bottom line, with CIC its so difficult to predict, as they have so many variables.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I remember you from old thread "St Claire", after 4 years and going thru CJ hearing, Had to withdraw and re-apply. I re-applied in Oct 2015, got in process in Nov'2015 and did not hear anything yet. Bottom line, with CIC its so difficult to predict, as they have so many variables.
I never got to see a CJ and was never refused. I voluntarily withdrew mine in October 2015, and re-applied back in Feb.
have you talked to them on th phone? What does your ATIP say? Your file has been in processing since Nov? No progress? No news?

apgd

Mar 11, 2016
Hi everyone.
I've been following this thread as I applied in Feb 2016 as well.
I have a question. How do I know what Visa Office is working my case? I ask because when I sent in my application, they indicate an office in Sydney, NS; but I have read of people indicating offices in several other places (Scarborough, Hamilton, etc). Does one get notified of being assigned and office after sending to Sydney, NS? My AOR does not indicate such info.
I'm in Oakville, ON by the way.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
apgd said:
Hi everyone.
I've been following this thread as I applied in Feb 2016 as well.
I have a question. How do I know what Visa Office is working my case? I ask because when I sent in my application, they indicate an office in Sydney, NS; but I have read of people indicating offices in several other places (Scarborough, Hamilton, etc). Does one get notified of being assigned and office after sending to Sydney, NS? My AOR does not indicate such info.
I'm in Oakville, ON by the way.
Centralised Intake Office in Sydney will allocate your visa office based on your postal code (in the past you have been able to chose the visa office, now they chose for you). Pretty much should be your nearest visa office.

Now - they used to update ECAS with a line saying your file has been transferred to XYZ visa office. But then I have also heard of people getting test and even oath invites without such a line appearing - so it doesn't seem very reliable.

We went in process over 3 weeks ago so presumably the file was transferred several weeks ago to what I believe would be Surrey, BC office for processing - but nothing has changed on ECAS. My ECAS still says :-

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 4, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 17, 2016.
We started processing your application on February 21, 2016.

apgd

Mar 11, 2016
Thanks for the clarification Capuccino.
On another hand, I saw your timeline on the spreadsheet as well. We are going more or less the same. Difference is your in BC and I'm in Ontario. Let's see how this turns out to. But my thoughts are that BC is really quick and so is Alberta.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
apgd said:
Thanks for the clarification Capuccino.
On another hand, I saw your timeline on the spreadsheet as well. We are going more or less the same. Difference is your in BC and I'm in Ontario. Let's see how this turns out to. But my thoughts are that BC is really quick and so is Alberta.
Well I had heard Vancouver and Surrey had cleared their backlog and hence had fairly quick processing times.

Although one imagines the posting times to physically get the applications from Nova Scotia to BC will be the longest, so that will probably add several days' delay.

Will let you know as soon as I hear something - from someone here where I work whose husband applied for Citizenship recently, you get the actual invitations to take the test, and to attend the oath ceremony, by regular mail - not by email. If find it frustrating they don't send an email out at all because, coupled with the slow updating of ECAS, it's conceivable they could mail you the test date and it goes missing in the mail - and there is no ECAS entry or email to warn you that they've sent it.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made an appointment with my local MP. Is there anything in particular they can do? Or all they do is to enquirer on behalf of an applicant?

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Guys, Dont have words to express my frustration. Now, They have sent our application back again for not submitting General IELTS . Though we submitted CLB 8,8,8,8. and Academic IELTS 7.5 they still want General IELTS .
So, now my next query is.. as they have mentionedthe we can submit post secondary edu certificate in English for language proof and my spouse has done Medical Lab assistant certificate course(5month duration)here including 1month practicum rotation in gen.hospital and many 1day courses like Transport of Dangerous goods(TDG), WHIMS, Ergonomics training, CPR First Aid, so will they consider these certificates?

Following is written in the guide: Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement.

We dont really want to wait for IELTS date or CELPIP.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talked to call center today. I was informed that my file has been transferred to the local office and the local office is Scarborough.

Any idea how fast this local office is?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Rayan14 said:
Talked to call center today. I was informed that my file has been transferred to the local office and the local office is Scarborough.

Before Scarborough was fast, now is much slower due to the fact that it's overloaded also with applications from Downtown and around 50% from Mississauga. GTA is a big mess in the last year.

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Similar timeline to Cappuccino and also Vancouver based, family (spouse and I) application. Here's our current status:

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 12, 2016.
We started processing your application on February 16, 2016."

From spreadsheets it looks like Vancouver is taking roughly 2 calendar months from process start date to test date so hoping if all goes smoothly that we might be getting a test notification letter soon... fingers crossed!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
Before Scarborough was fast, now is much slower due to the fact that it's overloaded also with applications from Downtown and around 50% from Mississauga. GTA is a big mess in the last year.
That makes me want to be a 'Canadian' citizen so much. Not!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Vangel said:
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Similar timeline to Cappuccino and also Vancouver based, family (spouse and I) application. Here's our current status:

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 12, 2016.
We started processing your application on February 16, 2016."

From spreadsheets it looks like Vancouver is taking roughly 2 calendar months from process start date to test date so hoping if all goes smoothly that we might be getting a test notification letter soon... fingers crossed!
Hi Vangel welcome!

Whereabouts in the Vancouver area are you based? Will your visa office be in Vancouver office itself or one of the local offices? I think our office will be Surrey.

They don't seem to be very good at updating ECAS and the test invitation apparently arrives by regular mail. This is a bit annoying if the mail goes adrift - no email or electronic record to say they have even sent it.

Ah well, fingers crossed. Not that we're in a mega-hurry however it would be nice to have all this wrapped up before Sep/Oct time when our permanent residents cards would otherwise be due for renewal.

Wayne

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Rayan14 said:

Mine is Scarborough right after 3 months and 17 days i got citizenship test/interview letter.
I sent my aplication by the end of November last year