Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Feb 15 applicants

ScubaC said:
Canadiandesi2006, I understand buffer days for people who don't travel but in my case I came as a refugee claimant in 2010, got my hearing in 2011 and of course not left since then. I prefer to not travel on the passport of the country I have run away from!

I will apply with 1100 days but as far as my understanding is I meet all the requirements, what is your rationale? Judging from your timeline you are amongst the people in 2012 who got mass RQed :( I don;'t think they are doing that anymore....correct me if I am wrong.
You are good to apply with 1100. Dont wait a month, thats too long.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys any help on my previous question regarding the residence calculates dates. Which date am I to put the arrival date in to destination country which is stamped on passport or the actual date I travelled from Toronto. (Due to transit they are not the same sometimes a day or even 2 later then actual travel day+ the time difference)

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
Guys any help on my previous question regarding the residence calculates dates. Which date am I to put the arrival date in to destination country which is stamped on passport or the actual date I travelled from Toronto. (Due to transit they are not the same sometimes a day or even 2 later then actual travel day+ the time difference)
Absence dates pertain to Canada so the date you leave Canada and the date you arrive in Canada are the ones you input in the residence calculator.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you guys put your photos in the application? Just loose or in the same little envelope from the photographer?

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
akheya said:
How much did it cost to send application?
It depens on factors as : courrier or regular mail, weight, the place you are sending the application from, etc ?
For our application 2 adults+ 1 minor and only sent the documents on the checklist from Montreal, the cost was about $35 using Purolator and I requested a signature on delivery. Package was delivered the following day ( less than 24hours).
Anyway this is peanut compare to the application fee.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True.
I am single applicant sending requested docs only from Toronto.

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Guys,

I will be sending my application on Tuesday.

- Do I need to provide my passports other then the one I currently have. My current passport is with from last 5 years. Is the copy of the information page of this passport is enough.

- What to put on client id box on payment receipt form.

Passion

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:
Hi Guys,

I will be sending my application on Tuesday.

- Do I need to provide my passports other then the one I currently have. My current passport is with from last 5 years. Is the copy of the information page of this passport is enough.

- What to put on client id box on payment receipt form.

Passion
If your current passport was issued 5 years ago, copy of the biopage of this passport is sufficient.
The Client Id can be found on your PR card.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that's it application sent by fedex! It's due to arrive on the 19th :D

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent in my application as well via purolator, expected delivery tomorrow. Let the waiting game begin

kia_heat

Feb 17, 2015
Hey Everybody, I have received my Acknowledgment Receipt on Jan 20th through Email. What does that mean? I thought you have to receive a book in mail rather than E-mial..... One more thing, I checked my application status and it says my application was transferred to Surrey, B.C. office. what does that mean too? LOL I guess I have no idea whit the steps. Should I be studying for the test? My UBC finals are in a month and a half, so I gotta know sooner if anything special is happening.
Really appreciate it guys if you could help me out here....

Kia

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi Kia,

What is your timeline? when did you send your application? The Citizenship Process folows about 6 steps

1) You mail your completed application to the address CIC provides. All you get is confirmation from Canada Post or if you used FedEX etc. You can also request signature for peace of mind that it was received.

2) Usually after about 2-4 months depends you receive a letter of acknowledgement or AoR which confirms your application is now in queue with a Citizenship Officer.

3) Next You should get your book in email with the AoR to study for the test, your online tracker or ECAS should also be active so you can check online in what status is your application.

4) Your file is transferred to your local office who will handle all further steps.

5) Invite to Take the test (time frames from region to region and local office involved)

6) Oath invitation.