HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I sent out a complaint to CIC through their feedback website. Here is my note:

"I applied to Express Entry as FSW and received ITA recently. A Required document is Police Certificate from FBI of USA. FBI can provide police clearance in 3-4 months but ITA document submission time-frame is only for 2 months. FBI have already authorized 3rd party private companies who can issue clearance faster and meet CIC timing requirement. Since I do not have police certificate, my submission to CIC not be full. I will provide an explanation during my submission but. I want CIC to reconsider accepting FBI authorized channeler clearance report."

I suggest you all do this. May be we can change their approach if we raise enough complaint.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.145039668.1862388304.1424930864

varun2015

Feb 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me:

Shipped on: 23 Jan
Reached FBI : 27 Jan
CC deduction: April 10
PCC received: May 7.......Phew! 5 months.

btw. just a suggestion i didn't use any external agency for finger printing. I just took the std format and finger printed using ink pad

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun2015 said:
For me:

Shipped on: 23 Jan
Reached FBI : 27 Jan
CC deduction: April 10
PCC received: May 7.......Phew! 5 months.

btw. just a suggestion i didn't use any external agency for finger printing. I just took the std format and finger printed using ink pad
Did you print out fingerprint form or did you buy original ticker fingerprint papers?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
HakikiKanada said:
Guys, I sent out a complaint to CIC through their feedback website. Here is my note:

"I applied to Express Entry as FSW and received ITA recently. A Required document is Police Certificate from FBI of USA. FBI can provide police clearance in 3-4 months but ITA document submission time-frame is only for 2 months. FBI have already authorized 3rd party private companies who can issue clearance faster and meet CIC timing requirement. Since I do not have police certificate, my submission to CIC not be full. I will provide an explanation during my submission but. I want CIC to reconsider accepting FBI authorized channeler clearance report."

I suggest you all do this. May be we can change their approach if we raise enough complaint.
lampbreaker said:
I submitted a comment to CIC to start accepting FBI reports from authorized private agencies. I mentioned two reasons.
1. Private agencies use electronic fingerprints and hence are quick and much less likely that fingerprints get rejected
2. Electronic fingerprints are more accurate and so the FBI report will also be more accurate

If many of us request this they may accept it. So go to secure dot cic dot gc dot ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=2 and submit your comment.
Bump

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
variazioni said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

cic finally changed their rules. PCC is valid for 6 months after it was issued. Great. I don't have to wait for the newer version and give them updates then. :-X
Read it again - the changes are actually much better than that!

It's not that the PCC is valid for 6 months, but instead of 3 months, you can now get the PCC up to 6 months before you apply - this is only for the country you currently reside in.

If you NO LONGER reside in a country (example, you're living in Canada now, but used to live in the USA), you can get the PCC any time, after your residence ended.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp Date Modified: 2015-04-23

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

KB83

Apr 5, 2015
My Credit card got charged yesterday and my application was received by FBI on 3rd of April. I am hoping to get the letter in couple of weeks.

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Can anyone please confirm what date FBI puts in the PCC? The date when FBI received it or the date when they processed it (usually 10-12 weeks after they receive))?

I have submitted mine on 5/29 and expecting it to be processed sometime in August. So I am not sure what date they will be issuing it for?

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
I have the same question as Aquarian25. What date does the FBI puts in the PCC? The date when FBI received it or the date they processed it? I ask this because I am leaving the US soon and if they put the date after processing, the PCC should remain valid indefinitely.

Another question that I have is that I saw that FBI will no longer accept return self-addressed stamped envelopes with Departmental Order requests (according to their FAQs) so does that mean the PCC will be returned free of charge as long as I specify the return address in the Applicant information form?

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Please find my answer inline.

anandg12 said:
I have the same question as Aquarian25. What date does the FBI puts in the PCC? The date when FBI received it or the date they processed it? I ask this because I am leaving the US soon and if they put the date after processing, the PCC should remain valid indefinitely. They will put the date on which they processed your PCC, which would be 12 weeks after they received the PCC. If you are leaving US soon and have already submitted your application to FBI, you won't require another PCC from FBI as it will be valid indefinitely.

Another question that I have is that I saw that FBI will no longer accept return self-addressed stamped envelopes with Departmental Order requests (according to their FAQs) so does that mean the PCC will be returned free of charge as long as I specify the return address in the Applicant information form? They are already taking $18 per result, so kind of cost is included in the PCC fee. They will send it via USPS normal post.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi,I received an ITA on October 18th but lately i noticed that my husband needs FBI report and it takes 14 weeks to get it. I guess we will not receive it in time for AOR deadline. Is there any chance we can send the forms that we have sent to FBI as proof? Also do the fingerprint forms be signed by someone?