04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
MooseNBooze said:
Also, my own updates: Received letters in the mail (U.S. address) on March 8 and 9 - one with my report, another with reason stating wife's fingerprints rejection ("the quality of characteristics is too low to be used").

And here comes a twist...

kriscan, my email request to open the early February package worked. My credit card just got charged. Essentially, they expedited our forms. Unbelievable. There are some humans working at the CJIS after all, and may they be blessed.

I had written a simple email (short and to the point) explaining the situation (one set of forms were processed, another got rejected, had sent another package fearing prints rejection) and providing the relevant dates and info (first package delivery date, first package processed date, second package delivery date, sender's name and country, applicant name, DOB, SSN). I then asked if it was possible for them to just get hold of my wife's prints from the latter package and rerun them. Finally, I mentioned this was the only thing holding up my PR application to Canada. Some kind soul at the other end took pity. Asked me if there was a tracking number for the package, which I subsequently provided. And now the credit card's been charged. I am happy and grateful. Whether the fingerprints go through this time is a whole different story, though. The final act (denouement) is yet to be staged.

You should definitely give it a shot as well. I think this won't work for folks who have yet to send a new package but just might work for those who sent in another set of forms/prints way before their first package was opened. I believe you did the same as well. All the best.
This is great news! Congratulations, my friend!
I have yet to send in another package (I shall do so tomorrow), but once I have it in, I will try my best to get them to expedite its processing. Maybe it might work...

2016canada

Feb 24, 2016
Re: FBI PCC: Decline invitation or request extension??

Hello!

Seeing current processing times, I will be getting my PCC almost a month after my current deadline to submit documents for PR.

I submitted a CSE to receive extension about 10 days back and haven't heard back yet.

I am wondering if I should ask for extension in my LOE by submitting my current application or should I decline invitation and get in the pool again. I am considering this because just in case if my extension is rejected, I could be barred from applying for a year.

Has anyone received rejection on extension when they submitted their application and LOE??

What do you all think should be the best for me to do? My score is 481.

Thanks!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Re: FBI PCC: Decline invitation or request extension??

2016canada said:
Hello!

Seeing current processing times, I will be getting my PCC almost a month after my current deadline to submit documents for PR.

I submitted a CSE to receive extension about 10 days back and haven't heard back yet.

I am wondering if I should ask for extension in my LOE by submitting my current application or should I decline invitation and get in the pool again. I am considering this because just in case if my extension is rejected, I could be barred from applying for a year.

Has anyone received rejection on extension when they submitted their application and LOE??

What do you all think should be the best for me to do? My score is 481.

Thanks!!
Submit the application with an LOE and evidence that you submitted your PCC request ahead of time, but the delay is on FBI's side. This causes CIC to give you a 60 day extension.

2016canada

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks Aragorn165!

My only concern is that my application getting rejected inspite of sending a LOE.
I heard a couple cases (in this forum itself) where CIC did not grant extension and rejected the application. :(

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
2016canada said:
Thanks Aragorn165!

My only concern is that my application getting rejected inspite of sending a LOE.
I heard a couple cases (in this forum itself) where CIC did not grant extension and rejected the application. :(
I believe that since May last year, each application that has requested an extension has received one, as long as the applicant furnished evidence that they made enough of an effort to obtain the PCC on time. So basically, just upload your FedEx/postal service receipt, as well as a screenshot of the tracking for the package, to establish that you tried to get it as soon as you had your ITA, and they will give you your extension. They know something like this is not in the applicant's control, it is FBI taking inordinately long, so they will work with you, as long as they are assured that you are trying your best.
As a matter of fact, I am about to request a second extension from them! And I know at least two users who have gotten second extensions from CIC before.

So just be honest, furnish all evidence in your favor, and it will be fine :)

hyh1004

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news! Thanks for sharing this.

MooseNBooze said:
Also, my own updates: Received letters in the mail (U.S. address) on March 8 and 9 - one with my report, another with reason stating wife's fingerprints rejection ("the quality of characteristics is too low to be used").

kriscan, my email request to open the early February package worked. My credit card just got charged. Essentially, they expedited our forms. Unbelievable. There are some humans working at the CJIS after all, and may they be blessed.

I had written a simple email (short and to the point) explaining the situation (one set of forms were processed, another got rejected, had sent another package fearing prints rejection) and providing the relevant dates and info (first package delivery date, first package processed date, second package delivery date, sender's name and country, applicant name, DOB, SSN). I then asked if it was possible for them to just get hold of my wife's prints from the latter package and rerun them. Finally, I mentioned this was the only thing holding up my PR application to Canada. Some kind soul at the other end took pity. Asked me if there was a tracking number for the package, which I subsequently provided. And now the credit card's been charged. I am happy and grateful. Whether the fingerprints go through this time is a whole different story, though. The final act (denouement) is yet to be staged.

You should definitely give it a shot as well. I think this won't work for folks who have yet to send a new package but just might work for those who sent in another set of forms/prints way before their first package was opened. I believe you did the same as well. All the best.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:

Hi
I tried to email them several times but I get a msg that email delivery failed. Reason written is over quota. Has anyone faced it? I thought my email is long may be that's why. I shortened it to just 3-4 lines. It's still not going. Any help??

Canuckoo2015

Aug 12, 2015
Will FBI CJIS charge your credit card if there's something wrong with your fingerprints? Just needing to ask because my application was received on the 20th of November last year and they haven't charge my credit card yet. TIA

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuckoo2015 said:
Will FBI CJIS charge your credit card if there's something wrong with your fingerprints? Just needing to ask because my application was received on the 20th of November last year and they haven't charge my credit card yet. TIA
Credit card is always. That is the fee they charge to look at ur prints. Irrespective of the fact that they are accepted or rejected. Some times there is delay in getting msg from bank side. Pls call FBI to confirm if they got ur payment
Good luck

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Well... just submitted a CSE requesting a second extension. Pretty nervous about it, tbh.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Well... just submitted a CSE requesting a second extension. Pretty nervous about it, tbh.
I submitted a CSE too. But no reply yet. :'( :'(

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Sending you good vibes, sunil55 and Aragorn165. From what I know, CSE response (if any) may take a while. IIRC, some applicants never received any formal response to their CSE's but their applications got updated/edited nevertheless.

I spent over a decade in the U.S. (and even worked for a federal agency in DC) and I am sad that FBI's ID History Request processing is this bad. U.S. is indeed becoming a sad, sad country (TRUMP! CRUZ!).

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MooseNBooze said:
Sending you good vibes, sunil55 and Aragorn165. From what I know, CSE response (if any) may take a while. IIRC, some applicants never received any formal response to their CSE's but their applications got updated/edited nevertheless.

I spent over a decade in the U.S. (and even worked for a federal agency in DC) and I am sad that FBI's ID History Request processing is this bad. U.S. is indeed becoming a sad, sad country (TRUMP! CRUZ!).
No updates yet. I will have to use mycic portal. Fingers crossed