+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
Have u heard from them about extension? When is ur deadline and when do u expect FBI. Why u didn't use the upload portal for LOE.
Sorry for so many question. I m in same situation. Plz guide. I emailed FBI on Friday about status of my application. No reply yet. I was planning to use their reply for asking extension. But no reply yet.
Hi Sunil,

Its ok.. I know you are anxious and I'll try and answer to the best of my knowledge and experience.. :)

Have u heard from them about extension?

Yes, They do give 2nd extension and something different... a few including me got 2 extensions... I did the same as I have mentioned above.. but through CSE.. For a few others I've read that the "Submit/Upload by" date in the upload section in mycic was extending(moving ahead) automatically by 3 weeks(daily) post their submission of the CSE.

When is ur deadline and when do u expect FBI.

As you can see in my signature.. I've already uploaded my FBI PCC.. My initial deadline was 20 december, got another 2 month extension post that... But I got and uploaded my FBI PCC by 25th Jan.

Why u didn't use the upload portal for LOE.

I've read in a few threads that many who have tried to upload the 2nd LOE through the mycic upload portal was intimated that not to use the portal to upload anything other than the requested document... This request was for other documents as well.. not just for PCC.. so I too just raised a CSE and then uploaded my PCC via the portal when I had it.

I hope this clears some doubt in you... I would also recommend you to request another extension as soon as possible if you know for sure that you'll not get your FBI PCC by the given deadline, and not wait till the end. You will have a better chance of getting the extension.. Plus CIC understands the delay taken by FBI for giving out the PCC... so dont worry much...

Plus i hope your delivery address is in the US... it takes more than 40 days to reach India.

Good Luck

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Thanks guys.

Yes, I will need to ask for a second extension- I'm just not sure when to ask for one. Should I ask for one as soon as I get my FBI letter in the mail? That will indicate I am being honest and keeping CIC in the loop at every step of the way, but on the flip side it means that even if they extend the extension for another 60 days from that day, I probably will not have enough time to submit the PCC.
Or I could wait till almost the end of the first extension before asking for a second one- in that case, if the accept the request, I get a total of roughly 120 days, which is four months, and should be enough to get my FBI PCC back. But in that case, I also waited until the last minute to tell CIC that I was not going to get my PCC in on time, even though I knew this beforehand.

It's a tricky situation.
First... Get your new prints done and send it right away... I would suggest Fedex as you can track the package till the very end..

Second.. ask for the extension as soon as you get the reply from FBI on the prints being rejected... and you explaining in you LOE that you are in process to send another set of prints..

CIC is well aware of the delay caused by FBI... they will give you extension...

Good Luck..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Hi Sunil,

Its ok.. I know you are anxious and I'll try and answer to the best of my knowledge and experience.. :)

Have u heard from them about extension?

Yes, They do give 2nd extension and something different... a few including me got 2 extensions... I did the same as I have mentioned above.. but through CSE.. For a few others I've read that the "Submit/Upload by" date in the upload section in mycic was extending(moving ahead) automatically by 3 weeks(daily) post their submission of the CSE.

When is ur deadline and when do u expect FBI.

As you can see in my signature.. I've already uploaded my FBI PCC.. My initial deadline was 20 december, got another 2 month extension post that... But I got and uploaded my FBI PCC by 25th Jan.

Why u didn't use the upload portal for LOE.

I've read in a few threads that many who have tried to upload the 2nd LOE through the mycic upload portal was intimated that not to use the portal to upload anything other than the requested document... This request was for other documents as well.. not just for PCC.. so I too just raised a CSE and then uploaded my PCC via the portal when I had it.

I hope this clears some doubt in you... I would also recommend you to request another extension as soon as possible if you know for sure that you'll not get your FBI PCC by the given deadline, and not wait till the end. You will have a better chance of getting the extension.. Plus CIC understands the delay taken by FBI for giving out the PCC... so dont worry much...

Plus i hope your delivery address is in the US... it takes more than 40 days to reach India.

Good Luck
Hi. Thank u so much for your detailed reply. Just one thing , after how many days u got reply to CSE?

My deadline is 14 March. My FBI packet reached 23 Nov. According to trend I will get it on 23 March ( 4 months). ( USA address ). I am hoping against hope that they might speed up. According to this assumption of 4 months I m 9 days short. I was just waiting that atleast my packet open and I get to know if fingerprints are ok or not before asking extension.
I also emailed FBI to know about status so that I can use their reply to ask extension. But no reply yet.
But u are right ,I should raise a CSE right now. There is no point I can get it 9 days short of four months.
I just hope fingerprints and credit card work fine.
Thanks for help.
Plus 1 for u
Have u got any movement on ur file after that ?
Good luck

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
Hi. Thank u so much for your detailed reply. Just one thing , after how many days u got reply to CSE?

My deadline is 14 March. My FBI packet reached 23 Nov. According to trend I will get it on 23 March ( 4 months). ( USA address ). I am hoping against hope that they might speed up. According to this assumption of 4 months I m 9 days short. I was just waiting that atleast my packet open and I get to know if fingerprints are ok or not before asking extension.
I also emailed FBI to know about status so that I can use their reply to ask extension. But no reply yet.
But u are right ,I should raise a CSE right now. There is no point I can get it 9 days short of four months.
I just hope fingerprints and credit card work fine.
Thanks for help.
Plus 1 for u
Have u got any movement on ur file after that ?
Good luck
Hi Sunil,

I've learnt the hard way not to trust the trends in FBI processing.. If I had sent my packet a couple of days ahead My application would have processed before the holidays and would have received a month earlier...

And they DO NOT expedite your application.. :'(

Friend.. Do go by the trend... apply for the extension ASAP..

Also... just out of curiosity... did you log into you myCIC account recently and check the upload by date by any chance.. if it has advanced to a later date..? if its still on 23rd march or moved ahead..

Regarding a response from FBI.. mail them every day...till you get a response... if you still don't... Raise a CSE by end of this week and let CIC know your status...

if you do get it within the estimated 9 days... upload it via the portal... just cover your bases...

If you had your fingerprints taken by a professional 9 out of 10 times it will work fine.... :)

And lastly.. no update for me since the upload of FBI PCC... am October AOR... seeing some activity in the past few weeks for FSW outland.. fingers crossed.. ;D

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Hi Sunil,

I've learnt the hard way not to trust the trends in FBI processing.. If I had sent my packet a couple of days ahead My application would have processed before the holidays and would have received a month earlier...

And they DO NOT expedite your application.. :'(

Friend.. Do go by the trend... apply for the extension ASAP..

Also... just out of curiosity... did you log into you myCIC account recently and check the upload by date by any chance.. if it has advanced to a later date..? if its still on 23rd march or moved ahead..

Regarding a response from FBI.. mail them every day...till you get a response... if you still don't... Raise a CSE by end of this week and let CIC know your status...

if you do get it within the estimated 9 days... upload it via the portal... just cover your bases...

If you had your fingerprints taken by a professional 9 out of 10 times it will work fine.... :)

And lastly.. no update for me since the upload of FBI PCC... am October AOR... seeing some activity in the past few weeks for FSW outland.. fingers crossed.. ;D

Date was initially moving but now stuck at 14 March which is my deadline.
This is all so much stressful. I got fingerprints from a forensic expert. He claims that he had done for FBI before. Fingers crossed

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
aeropostale said:
First... Get your new prints done and send it right away... I would suggest Fedex as you can track the package till the very end..

Second.. ask for the extension as soon as you get the reply from FBI on the prints being rejected... and you explaining in you LOE that you are in process to send another set of prints..

CIC is well aware of the delay caused by FBI... they will give you extension...

Good Luck..
Thank you.
I will get new prints done tomorrow. I think I will also use an agency this time- the last time I did them myself, and it didn't work out! I'll FedEx them, because yes, I get a full paper trail, but also because FedEx is the fastest method to send things overseas, faster than even Speed Post.
I will also prepare the LOE.
Thank you so much for all of your help and support, for me and for everyone else in this thread who is in a similar situation!

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Thank you.
I will get new prints done tomorrow. I think I will also use an agency this time- the last time I did them myself, and it didn't work out! I'll FedEx them, because yes, I get a full paper trail, but also because FedEx is the fastest method to send things overseas, faster than even Speed Post.
I will also prepare the LOE.
Thank you so much for all of your help and support, for me and for everyone else in this thread who is in a similar situation!
All the best... Stay positive... All will work out.. :D

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
Date was initially moving but now stuck at 14 March which is my deadline.
This is all so much stressful. I got fingerprints from a forensic expert. He claims that he had done for FBI before. Fingers crossed
Send another LOE and they will initiate the auto extension.. See your prints should be clean and having no smudges...if it is so.. then dont worry..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Send another LOE and they will initiate the auto extension.. See your prints should be clean and having no smudges...if it is so.. then dont worry..
Thanks.
They are working on Nov 19 today.
Good luck everyone

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
What is the FBI's email address? I emailed a status check request to liaison@leo.gov as this was the only email address I could find on their site. Did I do it right, or is there some other email ID I should have mailed?

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
What is the FBI's email address? I emailed a status check request to liaison@leo.gov as this was the only email address I could find on their site. Did I do it right, or is there some other email ID I should have mailed?
That's right. I just got reply from them from same email.

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
I finally received my PCC and uploaded it to the portal. I have put the issue date as 31st Dec 2015 as it doesnt allow dates after that which is the known issuance date problem. I havent attached any LOE explaining why i did that as I believe CIC is aware of this scenario. My qs is - was it reqd to attach a LOE or it really doesnt matter?

kriscan

Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
:( guys, my fingerprints also got rejected.
there is a second set i sent that was delivered on 2/10/16, which they are asking me to wait till they reach that date.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriscan said:
there is a second set i sent that was delivered on 2/10/16, which they are asking me to wait till they reach that date.
Sorry to hear that. Was it taken by a professional?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kriscan said:
I am really sorry about that :( I received news yesterday that mine were rejected too, so I know how you feel. Are you going to apply for a second extension as well?