FBI PCC

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
I took them myself.
Looks like I need to trek to the other side of the city to get them done by a professional, and then FedEx them asap. *sigh* Why does the CIC need us to submit prints? Why can they not just access their shared database with the FBI?
Yes, better to get it done through a professional. I agree with your point that Canadian immigration authorities can look at the shared database with US but I think it is more likely that they do not want to be burdened with that extra work.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
jairichi said:
Yes, better to get it done through a professional. I agree with your point that Canadian immigration authorities can look at the shared database with US but I think it is more likely that they do not want to be burdened with that extra work.
I understand that, but then they should at least accept PCCs from third party agencies! Now my application gets held up for another four months :/

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
I understand that, but then they should at least accept PCCs from third party agencies! Now my application gets held up for another four months :/
Yea, but no idea why they do not accept. Do not worry, probably FBI might pick up its pace of processing applications.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Just got off the phone with the FBI. My prints were rejected.
Now I have to send in another request, and wait for another four months... meanwhile, my application with CIC continues to just sit there. What the heck, why is this process so backwards?
That's crazy. Makes me sad and worried. I know this pain. Good luck man. Just one suggestion. Send 2 applications 1 week apart. Atleast one will get through. FBI is very unpredictable and 4 months is too long. I know it's little extra money but can save time.
Good luck. I just wish they make changes in the system.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Thanks guys.
So at this point I will have to ask for a second extension from CIC for my FBI PCC. Have they been known to give these out in the past?

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Thanks guys.
So at this point I will have to ask for a second extension from CIC for my FBI PCC. Have they been known to give these out in the past?
I heard people got it in past. Even i will need second extension. Will update you. My deadline is 14 March. Will ask for extension close to that

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
sunil55 said:
I heard people got it in past. Even i will need second extension. Will update you. My deadline is 14 March. Will ask for extension close to that
Thank you sunil. I'll do the same on my end. Good luck to you!

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
Aragorn165 said:
Thank you sunil. I'll do the same on my end. Good luck to you!
Hey Aragorn165,
I just applied for an extension for the 1st time by uploading LOE. I was wondering how do you apply for a 2nd extension? Do you send a CSE?

ogbg

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
Now I have to send in another request, and wait for another four months... meanwhile, my application with CIC continues to just sit there. What the heck, why is this process so backwards?
Sorry to hear that.
As you know I was expecting my fingerprint to be rejected so I was planning to write down LOE. In this letter I included the evidence for ordering a new police certificate directly from FBI plus including the results form an authorized third party agency. If the CIC officer accept the result from the agency that would be great, if not he will give you the extension. Best luck.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ogbg said:
Sorry to hear that.
As you know I was expecting my fingerprint to be rejected so I was planning to write down LOE. In this letter I included the evidence for ordering a new police certificate directly from FBI plus including the results form an authorized third party agency. If the CIC officer accept the result from the agency that would be great, if not he will give you the extension. Best luck.
Hmmm, I should get them from a third party agency as well. At least it will be something...
EDIT: I don't think there are any third party agencies in Delhi :/

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Aragorn165 said:
I'm sorry to hear that, Aragorn165. Makes two of us now. Sad company, I know, and I'd never wish anyone to be in this position. But I'm sure you and I are not alone. A few posters in the past went through the same shit. Let's hope CIC will give us enough time to wait for our reports.

Others who may just be following the thread, my prints went through but my wife's didn't (package delivered Nov 10, 2015). We had sent 2 sets of prints each.

Anticipating rejection(s), we sent a new request early February, this time with around half a dozen prints each. No professionals with FBI PCC print experience in our country (didn't bother checking with the U.S. embassy, though, which we probably should have done). I called FBI and asked if they could open this February package and get my wife's prints to re-run but the customer service lady gave me a schpiel about security checks for packages (bullshit) and there's nothing she can do. I was too jaded to argue or to ask for someone higher up so I empathized with her, politely thanked her and hung up.

Moral of my story: get a professional (even if clueless about FBI's requirements) and send a set of at least 3 prints.

May others who stumble upon this thread have better luck.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
That's just terrible. The lack of efficiency at FBI (and their 'we don't give a fxxk that you have to wait 8 months' attitude) is just mind-boggling.

I read in a different post (pre-EE) that, after repeated fingerprint rejections, CIC would accept a report from the specific states you lived in (however, some states also require a fingerprint form to be completed to run the check; but others can just do a name check). So you might want to submit an application to them now (they are faster than FBI I think) – that was my plan anyway (luckily my fingerprints were accepted).

Also, you might want to consider traveling to a nearby country to get your fingerprints done if there are no such professionals where you live (if you anticipate problems with the 2nd set of application you sent).

MooseNBooze said:
I'm sorry to hear that, Aragorn165. Makes two of us now. Sad company, I know, and I'd never wish anyone to be in this position. But I'm sure you and I are not alone. A few posters in the past went through the same *censored word*. Let's hope CIC will give us enough time to wait for our reports.

Others who may just be following the thread, my prints went through but my wife's didn't (package delivered Nov 10, 2015). We had sent 2 sets of prints each.

Anticipating rejection(s), we sent a new request early February, this time with around half a dozen prints each. No professionals with FBI PCC print experience in our country (didn't bother checking with the U.S. embassy, though, which we probably should have done). I called FBI and asked if they could open this February package and get my wife's prints to re-run but the customer service lady gave me a schpiel about security checks for packages (bullshit) and there's nothing she can do. I was too jaded to argue or to ask for someone higher up so I empathized with her, politely thanked her and hung up.

Moral of my story: get a professional (even if clueless about FBI's requirements) and send a set of at least 3 prints.

May others who stumble upon this thread have better luck.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Hmmm, I should get them from a third party agency as well. At least it will be something...
EDIT: I don't think there are any third party agencies in Delhi :/
Sorry to hear about the rejection...

try Truth Labs.. I used their facility in B'lore for my prints... Their prices are reasonable and they did a good job.. Plus they are recommended by the US consulate in delhi. (its shown in their website).

Plus for extension.. I too had applied for 2nd one.. follow the below steps...

1. Send the FBI a mail asking for the update... They would reply back stating that your prints were rejected... you need this confirmation mail.
2. Send another set of prints to FBI. (3rd party will not help as they will not accept it)
3. Write another LOE and send all the documents (LOE, FBI mail stating rejection of prints, new courier receipt scan, delivery confirmation screen shot.) via a CSE..

What I did was send another LOE with a mail reply from FBI that they hadn't reached my package yet.. via CSE..

I hope this helps..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aeropostale said:
Sorry to hear about the rejection...

try Truth Labs.. I used their facility in B'lore for my prints... Their prices are reasonable and they did a good job.. Plus they are recommended by the US consulate in delhi. (its shown in their website).

Plus for extension.. I too had applied for 2nd one.. follow the below steps...

1. Send the FBI a mail asking for the update... They would reply back stating that your prints were rejected... you need this confirmation mail.
2. Send another set of prints to FBI. (3rd party will not help as they will not accept it)
3. Write another LOE and send all the documents (LOE, FBI mail stating rejection of prints, new courier receipt scan, delivery confirmation screen shot.) via a CSE..

What I did was send another LOE with a mail reply from FBI that they hadn't reached my package yet.. via CSE..

I hope this helps..

Have u heard from them about extension? When is ur deadline and when do u expect FBI. Why u didn't use the upload portal for LOE.
Sorry for so many question. I m in same situation. Plz guide. I emailed FBI on Friday about status of my application. No reply yet. I was planning to use their reply for asking extension. But no reply yet.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Thanks guys.

Yes, I will need to ask for a second extension- I'm just not sure when to ask for one. Should I ask for one as soon as I get my FBI letter in the mail? That will indicate I am being honest and keeping CIC in the loop at every step of the way, but on the flip side it means that even if they extend the extension for another 60 days from that day, I probably will not have enough time to submit the PCC.
Or I could wait till almost the end of the first extension before asking for a second one- in that case, if the accept the request, I get a total of roughly 120 days, which is four months, and should be enough to get my FBI PCC back. But in that case, I also waited until the last minute to tell CIC that I was not going to get my PCC in on time, even though I knew this beforehand.

It's a tricky situation.