+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

Deepak123

Jun 11, 2017
Hello All ,
There is a strange situation here . We had applied for FBI PCC and the process is in progress...so we had attached a LOE(letter of explaination) with the PR application....we received a letter few minutes back about the 60 day extension which was expected .... But they have additionally mentioned that the documents has to be sent within 7 days.....I am not able to understand this ... Looking for your comments and suggestions
Please see the content from that that letter below as I am unable to attach the image here.

**************************************************************************************
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by: 2018/03/05
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.

Hello All ,
There is a strange situation here . We had applied for FBI PCC and the process is in progress...so we had attached a LOE(letter of explaination) with the PR application....we received a letter few minutes back about the 60 day extension which was expected .... But they have additionally mentioned that the documents has to be sent within 7 days.....I am not able to understand this ... Looking for your comments and suggestions
Please see the content from that that letter below as I am unable to attach the image here.

**************************************************************************************
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
It must be a typo. The ADR I got for FBI PCC states the correct end-date and explicitly says "60 days from the date of this...". Maybe raise a CSE? I would go with the 2018/03/05 end-date to be final and disregard the "within 7 days..." part.

Deepak123

Jun 11, 2017
OK . I have already sent an email to them and got an automated response that they will be responding in 20 days .

How do I create a CSE and what is their turnaround time in case I create one ?

Deepak123

Jun 11, 2017
OK When I tried creating that , it asked me below question but I do not know if my application is being processed outside Canada or not.

Is your application being processed outside Canada ?
1) Yes
2) No

MountainMan256

Jul 31, 2016
Hi. I have a question. I am a Citizen of the United States and I am planning on requesting a PCC. I am currently in Canada. What is the best way going about getting one while I am here. Are there any channelers that allow from out of country? If so can I take my own fingerprints? Thank you

Last edited:

ontabound

Sep 1, 2017
Hi All,
My application was received by FBI on Sep. 13.
I got the summary result in the US on Dec. 26
I noticed that a letter in my name was missing so I asked for a corrected copy the next day.
It was mailed out on Dec. 29 and I received it today (8 days later).
The wait was nerve-racking especially when I was waiting to receive the reprint considering the current weather disruptions in the US.
I advice that once your application has been mailed out, you can call to confirm the spellings of your name from them so you can request a reprint immediately if there are any errors.
To all those who are still waiting on FBI, may the force be with you.
It can be tough but you will survive.

Deepak123

Jun 11, 2017

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017

there is some error i guess. coz i received an extension a few days back too asking to upload documents by 03/03, but it then says 60 days.
in your case if the date clearly says documents to be uploaded by 05/03, you should definitely call the embassy and confirm once about this 7 days thing or probably wait for few hours till someone with a similar experience replies to this. Donot panic.

sakshigupta

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
hey guys, anyone around 3-5th october time slab? kindly keep updating. I'm on october 5th. would be great if someone around this timeframe could help on the updates

kumarfrmdel

Dec 12, 2017
Hi All,

My application for PCC reached FBI on 14 December 2017. I have read somewhere that if we call FBI after 3 - 4 weeks of delivery, the application gets entered in their system and they can pull application by name, DOB, zipcode etc and can give me an application Reference Number.

I called FBI this Friday and they told me, unfortunately their is no such process of application reference number and I would only come to know my result once they open the envelop after 14-16 weeks. Please advice if that is correct. Thanks!!

PS: - They told they are processing September 26 application currently.

Best Regards.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hi All,

My application for PCC reached FBI on 14 December 2017. I have read somewhere that if we call FBI after 3 - 4 weeks of delivery, the application gets entered in their system and they can pull application by name, DOB, zipcode etc and can give me an application Reference Number.

I called FBI this Friday and they told me, unfortunately their is no such process of application reference number and I would only come to know my result once they open the envelop after 14-16 weeks. Please advice if that is correct. Thanks!!

PS: - They told they are processing September 26 application currently.

Best Regards.
They are correct, there is no such process. You will have to wait until they open your package which takes about 14-16 weeks before you can get any update about your application. Good Luck!