+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ankushskapoor said:
of course you can use a channeler if you are a US citizen or green card holder.....other than that its in the gray area.....
It isn't a grey area. It is clearly not allowed and has been written on stone in IRCC website. People still come up with this question again and again.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
DEEPCUR said:
It isn't a grey area. It is clearly not allowed and has been written on stone in IRCC website. People still come up with this question again and again.
Can you please share the link?

Thanks.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Got FBI PCC.. Does it look "problematic" to anyone.. Need feedback pls.. Got through some agency in India. My question remains the same. How CIC gonna find if it is arranged through some agency or through normal process ? And it is on white paper not

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
DiNaV said:
Can you please share the link?

Thanks.
If you are a citizen of United States:

For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only: you may apply to an FBI-approved channeler (a third party that helps deliver your information to the FBI). They will collect your application form, fingerprints, any fee(s), and give them to the FBI.

Once the FBI completes their background check, they will send the results to the channeler. The channeler will then give you your record check letter.

Please include the FBI letter with your application, and send us the complete package.

If you are not a citizen of United States:

If you live outside of United States:
You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

They have repeatedly mentioned that channeler is only for citizens and permanent resident in every possible section (citizen/non-citizen/inside US/outside US) and at least 4 times. It is strange that still people keep arguing about this and come here asking whether channeler would be accepted, would there by change in report's appearance etc etc. Huh.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ashwani.m said:
Got FBI PCC.. Does it look "problematic" to anyone.. Need feedback pls.. Got through some agency in India. My question remains the same. How CIC gonna find if it is arranged through some agency or through normal process ? And it is on white paper not

Why you don't submit your FBI PCC obtained from channeler and let us know how your application went through? We shall all learn to see whether CIC finds out or not.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Please note that FBI-approved channeler service is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

It is strange that still people keep arguing about this and come here asking whether channeler would be accepted, would there by change in report's appearance etc etc. Huh.
It is not strange....the problem is with CIC's language here. The statement says that the service is not available. What if the service was made available by someone is the question. Hence the confusion. CIC should have stated that it will not accept letters obtained through channelers for Non-US persons. This clarity has been provided by FBI on its website, which says that channelers will not be able to process applications of Non-US persons.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
mdeep83 said:
It is not strange....the problem is with CIC's language here. The statement says that the service is not available. What if the service was made available by someone is the question. Hence the confusion. CIC should have stated that it will not accept letters obtained through channelers for Non-US persons. This clarity has been provided by FBI on its website, which says that channelers will not be able to process applications of Non-US persons.
FBI has clearly confined the service for US residents and citizens. So cic has followed that. There is no ambiguity here. Why will cic want to clarify a obvious thing?

In first place, why will someone try a service meant for citizens and permanent residents when they aren't one and keep questioning if it would work? Just because the reports get printed , will someone take a route that they aren't supposed to take?

This is what FBI site says:

An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Dagdusheth

Feb 22, 2017
sri27v said:
Timeline :
Application received : jan 5th
CC Charged : 9 Feb
PCC Shipped out : today
sri27v,

Are you saying the FBI only took 2 months to receive, process and send the PCC? The end-to-end process was 5 January to 21 February?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dagdusheth said:
sri27v,

Are you saying the FBI only took 2 months to receive, process and send the PCC? The end-to-end process was 5 January to 21 February?
They have covered a lot of the backlog. So now most applicants are getting it in 2 months.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
mukulabd said:
They have covered a lot of the backlog. So now most applicants are getting it in 2 months.
Thank GOD! Mine got delivered on 22nd Feb to them. I hope I get it by March end as I have given a U.S. Postal address this time.

Botinok

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
DiNaV said:
Thank GOD! Mine got delivered on 22nd Feb to them. I hope I get it by March end as I have given a U.S. Postal address this time.
I am with you, bro. I've just sent it to them, hope them to receive it by March 3rd. I hope mine will be in April ))

sri27v

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
07-16-2016
Med's Request
01-18-2017
Dagdusheth said:
sri27v,

Yes they shipped it on 21st feb and i revived it on 24th Feb