+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
vmorgan said:
Hi all,

I was compelled to write this as I had my fingerprints rejected twice and it was on the third time I finally got them approved. A ton of money spent, and 10 months later, I can finally write this post.

Unfortunately some people's fingerprints are just hard to read which sucks. So what I advise... DEFINITELY get a LiveScan print. This is so important. The machine will actually tell you if your fingerprints have been approved. I had 9 out of 10 fingerprints approved and I was lucky enough to get the police check done.

I was extremely persistent with the police officer that ALL fingerprints needed to be approved. It was a busy station and they were time restricted. I can't tell you enough, if you can get them all approved then I believe you've got it in the bag.

Another point I want to make just to help with the constant waiting for results... I can't say 100% if this is true but it applies to my situation.

On my bank statement, the 2 times my fingerprints were rejected it said: FBI RECORD REQUEST

The third time, when my fingerprints were approved it said: FBI IDENTIFICATION REC

I really hope this helps someone.

Good luck and stay positive. xxx
Regarding the CC charge description.. how can they differentiate the way they charge based on fingerprints? I believe they scan the finger prints only ten days after CC charge. Only possible theory for this is they put the finger prints in to the system when CC is charged and run the report later (after 10 days or so). But still they are not able to confirm if a fingerprint worked when CC gets charged. May be the charge description changed recently for any transaction?

Someone with rejected/accepted fingerprints can cross confirm this.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
mdeep83 said:
Hi Mthornt,

I found this company in Toronto which claims that it is able to process FBI PCC via a Channeler even for non-US personnel. I called them, even went there to see what kind of documents they provide. I just did not have a reference to compare the summary (sample) they were showing me with an original one. Hence, wanted to know these so I know if they are legit or not -

1. The FBI summary that you receive is on white paper and there are no watermarks seen to the naked eye on the original sheet?
2. The watermark (VOID) is seen only when the summary is scanned. Is this correct. Please do let me know.

Mine have both been on white paper. with a circular watermark in the background that say "Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation". This is visible whether the document is scanned or not. If you google "FBI identity history summary check", and click on images, you'll see exactly what they should look like.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Mthornt said:
Mine have both been on white paper. with a circular watermark in the background that say "Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation". This is visible whether the document is scanned or not. If you google "FBI identity history summary check", and click on images, you'll see exactly what they should look like.
How about the "VOID" mark when scanned?

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Mthornt said:
That's weird, I have the same thing, however my scans do not have the "VOID" marks anywhere on them.
I got this image from another member here on the forum and the member used a Channeler. So...may be that's the difference when you use a Channeler and when you don't. Thanks for the info Mthornt.

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hello there,
Does anybody know if CIC really cares about previous immigration issues in the Sates. I got deported due to the fact that I overstayed my student visa. I am worry because I don't know if this will show up on my FBI PCC and my application will be rejected by the CIC.

Has someone been in the same situation or knows someone in the same situation? How did you manage that situation?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
ab50037 said:
Hello there,
Does anybody know if CIC really cares about previous immigration issues in the Sates. I got deported due to the fact that I overstayed my student visa. I am worry because I don't know if this will show up on my FBI PCC and my application will be rejected by the CIC.

Has someone been in the same situation or knows someone in the same situation? How did you manage that situation?
I think once you get your FBI PCC you'll know whether it will be something to address or not in your application.

rajC

Jul 24, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO /CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
17-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
17-12-2015, 02-09-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2015, 02-12-2018
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
03-22-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
ab50037 said:
Hello there,

They do care about this also I hope you mentioned that in schedule A questions as well.

These countries share data base for immingration files.

ishraqiyun77

Nov 9, 2016
I went through FieldPrint, an FBI Channeler because there was one in the town where I live.

I read in some thread (a) person(s) saying you can't use a Channeler, but the CIC website says you can use an FBI approved Channeler so I did...

Setup appointment for 1250PM today, was early, saw me immediately, took like 5 minutes for finger prints, walked out the door, got in the car, and had an email saying the results were ready. Figured it was a mistake but couldn't verify because the email said not to look on a mobile device which was all I had. Got to my computer several hours later, checked it, and sure enough it was correct.

Mind you, fill out an application, then they email you in 24-48 to say go ahead and schedule the appointment, so they probably pulled the records then and only sent them when I did the finger prints.

Not bad for $50 considering the current turn around time I saw from the FBI website was like 13-15 weeks which just wouldn't work for the application.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
New time line:-

PCC delivered to FBI on 22nd Feb

Received ITA on 22nd Feb

Hope I get my PCC report soon :'(

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
ishraqiyun77 said:
I went through FieldPrint, an FBI Channeler because there was one in the town where I live.

I read in some thread (a) person(s) saying you can't use a Channeler, but the CIC website says you can use an FBI approved Channeler so I did...

Setup appointment for 1250PM today, was early, saw me immediately, took like 5 minutes for finger prints, walked out the door, got in the car, and had an email saying the results were ready. Figured it was a mistake but couldn't verify because the email said not to look on a mobile device which was all I had. Got to my computer several hours later, checked it, and sure enough it was correct.

Mind you, fill out an application, then they email you in 24-48 to say go ahead and schedule the appointment, so they probably pulled the records then and only sent them when I did the finger prints.

Not bad for $50 considering the current turn around time I saw from the FBI website was like 13-15 weeks which just wouldn't work for the application.
So so lucky you! I really envy you :'(

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
ab50037 said:
Hello there,

Irrespective of your FBI report outcome, you should declare this in the statutory section where they ask for visa denials. If they find it out (pretty sure they would), you will get a procedural fairness letter for misrepresenting this fact. I am 99% sure that this won't cause any harm to the application. Just explain the situation and you should be fine. I believe all they don't want is criminal inadmissibility where someone has committed something that is termed as crime in Canada.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
mdeep83 said:
How about the "VOID" mark when scanned?

It seems you have used a service of some agency/channeler to obtain this pcc thats why these void marks are there. I beileve it is printed on blue security paper. If it so, CIC will not accept this as the agency/channeler's service is available only for US citizens/permanent residents.

Please note that FBI now prints PCC in black color on standard white paper.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
hitesh0414 said:
It seems you have used a service of some agency/channeler to obtain this pcc thats why these void marks are there. I beileve it is printed on blue security paper. If it so, CIC will not accept this as the agency/channeler's service is available only for US citizens/permanent residents.

Please note that FBI now prints PCC in black color on standard white paper.
Thanks for the info Hitesh. The report is not mine and I picked it up from another thread here for the sake of discussion.

ankushskapoor

Jan 17, 2017
ishraqiyun77 said:

of course you can use a channeler if you are a US citizen or green card holder.....other than that its in the gray area.....