Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Just received FBI mail received notification from my old address. ( USA)

here are timelines.

Application reached FBI 8th Oct

Address change form ( different state in USA) submitted on 31st January

FBI dispatched mail to old address 5th Feb

Mail received to old address ( USA) on 10th Feb

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Received by FBI : 22-Oct-2015
DEBIT Card Charged : 12-Feb-2016

On Credit Card form, I had given my spouse's ICICI Bank Visa Debit Card# (with international transaction opened) so I was extremely worried what-if FBI's system doesn't accept my Indian debit card.

Thankfully, everything went well and I just got sms from bank informing about the FBI transaction. Now just praying that they accept my finger print card as well.

Best wishes to everyone.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Best wishes, man.

I guess your finger print card had already been accepted. It makes more sense for them to first check finger print card readability and then charge money. If finger card is not usable, why did they bother to charge money and then do a refund?

DigitalDestiny said:
Application Received by FBI : 22-Oct-2015
DEBIT Card Charged : 12-Feb-2016

On Credit Card form, I had given my spouse's ICICI Bank Visa Debit Card# (with international transaction opened) so I was extremely worried what-if FBI's system doesn't accept my Indian debit card.

Thankfully, everything went well and I just got sms from bank informing about the FBI transaction. Now just praying that they accept my finger print card as well.

Best wishes to everyone.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
ImmiToCanada said:
Best wishes, man.

I guess your finger print card had already been accepted. It makes more sense for them to first check finger print card readability and then charge money. If finger card is not usable, why did they bother to charge money and then do a refund?
They first charge your card and then process the fingerprints. If your fingerprints are not accepted you do not get a refund. You get charged regardless.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
They first charge your card and then process the fingerprints. If your fingerprints are not accepted you do not get a refund. You get charged regardless.
Sad but true.. Got charged for two requests and express shipping both ways to end up with fingerprint rejection letters.. Not to mention 3-4 months of wait. CIC is ridiculous... Why not accept 3rd party FBI checks?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
So, I imagine we are somewhere on October 25 today?
If that is so, then there are 19 days left before they reach my application- and sadly my application will have been submitted by then.
Oh well, I have to revert to my original plan, it seems like.

jsjsjsj

Feb 15, 2016
Updating to contribute to the discussion.

My fingerprints were received on Oct 20,
credit card charged Feb 10,
application processed Feb 11.
According to the representative I spoke to just now, it must have been mailed out this morning (Feb 16).
I'm in the East Coast so hopefully it'll arrive in the next few days.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
In general, what is the rate at which they process applications? Is it like, one particular day's applications are processed on that day?
To put it simply: abt81 said that as of this morning, they are opening packets received on 10/26. My question is, is there a chance that they move on to 10/27 today as well? Or do they only go through one day's packets on any given day?

kriscan

Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Aragorn165 said:
In general, what is the rate at which they process applications? Is it like, one particular day's applications are processed on that day?
To put it simply: abt81 said that as of this morning, they are opening packets received on 10/26. My question is, is there a chance that they move on to 10/27 today as well? Or do they only go through one day's packets on any given day?
I had this same doubt initially. but after following this thread for a while, i feel the rate totally depends upon the volume of applications they are receiving in a day. To give you some more possible insight. (this is just speculations).
monday's they might be getting more number comparing to any other days in a week. So initial days of a week can be slow.
if we consider round the year number of any other reasons for summary request remains constant, in past most of the FBI request coming in large volume would have been at some particular period and mostly when CIC opens the quota and it would have been at a particular time of the year as per processing.
Now, there can be more inflow on some particular week whenever CIC draw happens.
if you notice the processing time has bumped up in the recent 1 year and staying up and that is when EE has started and biweekly draw. this is just food for thought ;) actual reasons can vary.

sikka1984

Jan 13, 2016
My Application from DHL has been sent to FBI. Is there a confirmation given by FBI that they received my package? is there any way to take a confirmation.?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikka1984 said:
My Application from DHL has been sent to FBI. Is there a confirmation given by FBI that they received my package? is there any way to take a confirmation.?
Your DHL online tracking is your only confirmation.

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Timeline update:

App received by FBI: Oct 15, 2015
Card charged: Feb 08, 2016
Report received: Feb 16, 2016 (U.S. address)

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kriscan said:
I had this same doubt initially. but after following this thread for a while, i feel the rate totally depends upon the volume of applications they are receiving in a day. To give you some more possible insight. (this is just speculations).
monday's they might be getting more number comparing to any other days in a week. So initial days of a week can be slow.
if we consider round the year number of any other reasons for summary request remains constant, in past most of the FBI request coming in large volume would have been at some particular period and mostly when CIC opens the quota and it would have been at a particular time of the year as per processing.
Now, there can be more inflow on some particular week whenever CIC draw happens.
if you notice the processing time has bumped up in the recent 1 year and staying up and that is when EE has started and biweekly draw. this is just food for thought ;) actual reasons can vary.
You are right! There is no way of knowing haha.
I suppose I should give up hope that I shall receive mine before my deadline to apply :)