aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engrted said:
1. Let an expert take your finger print and sign
2. You can write with black pen but dont use ball pen
3. Include your international passport data page
Thank you for your input. will do the same.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
engrted said:
1. Let an expert take your finger print and sign
2. You can write with black pen but dont use ball pen
3. Include your international passport data page
2. Just any black pen (does not matter). I used ball pen for all 5 applications. No issue. Of course received reports for all.
3. Not needed. Never sent.

aeropostale,
1. Its better to take prints using a professional so that we can reduce rejection as we might not take it correctly even though we do see many of us done self and accepted but if you are willing to spend some money then its better to get help from them rather than doing it ourselves.
3. Better to use other than credit card.

General note for everyone:
What I still dont understand is that we (many of us) still using credit card even though we saw many posts on issues of credit card which arises at the later stage of processing the application. Already we have few issues (3 months waiting period and tough to get fingerprints accepted in their system) and we are trying to add one known issue of using credit card.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
harirajmohan said:
2. Just any black pen (does not matter). I used ball pen for all 5 applications. No issue. Of course received reports for all.

aeropostale,
1. Its better to take prints using a professional so that we can reduce rejection as we might not take it correctly even though we do see many of us done self and accepted but if you are willing to spend some money then its better to get help from them rather than doing it ourselves.

What I still dont understand is that we (many of us) still using credit card even though we saw many posts on issues of credit card which arises at the later stage of processing the application. Already we have few issues (3 months waiting period and tough to get fingerprints accepted in their system) and we are trying to add one known issue of using credit card.
#The name on your response letter will match the name indicated on your fingerprint card.(from FBI site)
so due to people not having good writing or some officers not having good sight, it is always advisable to include your passport data page which includes your date of birth too.....it wont cost you anything extra.
i like sending application neatly and professionally because this always affects your application......just my opinion.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harirajmohan said:

aeropostale,

Thank you for your inputs. can you please say what is better that using a Credit card... Demand draft or money order..

happynightowl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed FBI and was told my request was completed and was mailed out on Sep 3. But my friend hasn't got it yet(a US address near Denver). I am so worried about it!!! Is it likely to get lost even within the country? I really hate to think that I might have to start the whole process again.

Guys! Any suggestions? :'(

suba73

Sep 11, 2015
Re: FBI PCC - Avoid my predicament

Friends,

My history with getting the FBI record.

We live in India.

1) Applied in 2013. Record never reached home. Followed up. They kindly resent. We still not get it.

2) Re-applied in 2014. Did not receive. Followed up. They said they have sent it over 2-3 months ago (over and above the 12-14 weeks for processing)

Whether the US Postal Service did not forward to India, or the documents got lost in our Indian Post or got permanently stuck in India customs, no one knows.

3) Applied for a third time. This time, we provided a friend's address in the US. This time, it was finally received at my friend's address. He kindly forwarded it by courier, and we finally got it.

Time wasted : 2 years. Total money spent on just the US record = Around Rs 40,000.

Conclusion: Please provide a US care/of address while applying for the FBI record request, and get it yourself by courier. Don't rely on the two countries' regular postal services. Sadly US does not provide a "courier" option.

Good luck!

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows

suba73 said:
Friends,

My history with getting the FBI record.

We live in India.

1) Applied in 2013. Record never reached home. Followed up. They kindly resent. We still not get it.

2) Re-applied in 2014. Did not receive. Followed up. They said they have sent it over 2-3 months ago (over and above the 12-14 weeks for processing)

Whether the US Postal Service did not forward to India, or the documents got lost in our Indian Post or got permanently stuck in India customs, no one knows.

3) Applied for a third time. This time, we provided a friend's address in the US. This time, it was finally received at my friend's address. He kindly forwarded it by courier, and we finally got it.

Time wasted : 2 years. Total money spent on just the US record = Around Rs 40,000.

Conclusion: Please provide a US care/of address while applying for the FBI record request, and get it yourself by courier. Don't rely on the two countries' regular postal services. Sadly US does not provide a "courier" option.

Good luck!
Oh that's really sad! Now am worried me too have applied from India. Do you reckon I can change my delivery address? Now? I applied on the 18th of August. I am certain the processing hasn't started yet. Where csn I update my delivery address?

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015

Quina said:
Oh that's really sad! Now am worried me too have applied from India. Do you reckon I can change my delivery address? Now? I applied on the 18th of August. I am certain the processing hasn't started yet. Where csn I update my delivery address?

Hi Quina, since you are on week 3 I think you can totally change your address. You have to call to the FBI and explain that you want to change the mailing address. They will tell that you have to fill a form that is on their web page and then to send it by Fax to them. Then, they will add that form to your application and mail your report to the new address.

At the end I didn't do it because it was too late but you should call and ask.

In my personal case I had a terrible experience with my local postman. The guy didn't ring the bell and just threw the report inside the house and got wet by the rain :( . I am still hoping that that my visa office will accept the report partially wet.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015

Quina said:
Try and change your address but if you cant, am sorry but your left with another hard option........making a fresh application and putting a US or Canada address.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016

engrted said:
Try and change your address but if you cant, am sorry but your left with another hard option........making a fresh application and putting a US or Canada address.

Hi! If it happens that the mail is lost along the way or partailly wet and refused by the VO, can we just request for another copy instead of applying a new one to save time?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017

Quina said:
You can most definitely change your address! I initially gave my address in Nepal but then I realized the report might never arrive and I didn't want to risk it so I looked on FBI website and found a Change of address form, filled it out and emailed it to them. In five days they replied they forwarded it to the right department to attach to my application. When the opening time for my application comes, I plan to call and confirm the change of address.

It's just so much more reliable and quicker to have it sent to a U.S. address. My friend will scan it for me before sending it with a courier to Nepal.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015

Serc said:
Hi! If it happens that the mail is lost along the way or partailly wet and refused by the VO, can we just request for another copy instead of applying a new one to save time?
Can someone answer this?

Quina

Jan 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows

Tocanadawego said:
You can most definitely change your address! I initially gave my address in Nepal but then I realized the report might never arrive and I didn't want to risk it so I looked on FBI website and found a Change of address form, filled it out and emailed it to them. In five days they replied they forwarded it to the right department to attach to my application. When the opening time for my application comes, I plan to call and confirm the change of address.

It's just so much more reliable and quicker to have it sent to a U.S. address. My friend will scan it for me before sending it with a courier to Nepal.
Thank you every one for your valuable advice! I will try and change my deliver address to a U.S. Address.

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

anandg12 said:
Can someone answer this?
Yes you can call FBI, tell them that you have not received the report and ask them to send another one. They usually process it again within a couple of days.

Same thing happened with me. I had given my home country address the first time but never recd the report so I requested another one at my relatives address in Canada. Got it in 8 days.