waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Praying
LANDED..........
wishing ASAP
Hi Everyone,

I am posting first time on this threat.. i lived in US for more than 6 months back from 2008 to July 2009. after that i didnt travel to any country. I got PER 28th Feb with 11st Dec, 2014 application Date. I didnt submit PCC from FBI wana knw couple of things ...

1. shuld i be need FBI PCC for immigration ...
2. wht is the procedure and from where i get the correct fingerprints. (in Pakistan)
3. what document i have to send like copy of passport and visa (i was on exchange student visa J-1)

reading the comments make be scare as its take three months to get the PCC from FBI.

NEED HELP PLS

mafelinsp

Aug 5, 2015
wasim.dany said:
Hi Everyone,

I am posting first time on this threat.. i lived in US for more than 6 months back from 2008 to July 2009. after that i didnt travel to any country. I got PER 28th Feb with 11st Dec, 2014 application Date. I didnt submit PCC from FBI wana knw couple of things ...

2. wht is the procedure and from where i get the correct fingerprints. (in Pakistan)
3. what document i have to send like copy of passport and visa (i was on exchange student visa J-1)

reading the comments make be scare as its take three months to get the PCC from FBI.

NEED HELP PLS

Hi wasim.dany,

According to CIC web page anyone who have lived within the United States or any other country for a 6 months period or more must send the police certificate for each country.

In this link you found the conditions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp.

For the United States they ask you for the FBI history summary, in this link you found the way to obtain it. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

You only must fill a couple of forms and take your fingerprints, which can be done by youself or by a technique if it is easy for you to contact one.

I hope this help you and give you more time before they ask you for it.

Regards.

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasim.dany said:
Hi<script id="gpt-impl-0.8341667437925935" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_72.js"></script> Everyone,

NEED HELP PLS
If you are in karachi, you can go to the police headquarters (forensic division) in garden east and get the finger prints done. They have trained personnel and also do it for free. You have to take two copies of fbi finger print form (i think it is form 258, you can download and print it on plain paper), an application and passport copy. I did the same and it worked the first time.

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
I think CIC prefers FBI clearance versus state clearance. Only in cases where fingerprints were rejected multiple times and through explanation and state clearances were accepted by CIC.

No harm getting the state clearance as a backup to FBI clearance if you are traveling to NYC. Good luck!

mafelinsp said:
Hi guys,

Anyone knows if an state clearance could work instated of the FBI clearance? We'll travel to NYC next october so we're planning to get it but dont know if it would work too.

Thanks in advance for any information.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
happyca said:
I think CIC prefers FBI clearance versus state clearance. Only in cases where fingerprints were rejected multiple times and through explanation and state clearances were accepted by CIC.

No harm getting the state clearance as a backup to FBI clearance if you are traveling to NYC. Good luck!
Dont get it mixed up,check CIC website for PCC from USA and see what they asked for.then do what CIC requests for

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
Kucuy15 said:
Is there any chance you can get the letter shipped to a US address? To a friend or family?
I am from the Caribbean too but decided against having it shipped directly to me because the FBI uses regular post service and that is not reliable at all in my country! If you can order another copy of the letter to be shipped to the US then do that!
I did it that way, and my friend scanned me the report once he got it and it worked great!

Good luck!
Yes thats the best thing to do.use a USA or Canada address for FBI report so that your friend/family/agent will receive it and then scan it to you.thats why this forum is so important because you get advice from seniors

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so kindly pardon my questions if it seems silly.

I downloaded the FD-258 from from the FBI website. I have 3 question regarding to this.

1. Can I take my own prints according to the specifications and leave the address and signature of the person taking the prints as blank. Or is it necessary to have it taken by a fingerprint taking authority.

2. In the FBI website it says to either Type or Print in black ink. Will it be an issue if I hand write the details suing a black pen. Of course I'll write it legibly.

3. Apart from the Fingerprint form and credit card form(for $18 payment), if any thing else required to be sent in the package to FBI. Few consultants recommend a cover letter stating why it is required along with the packed; but I did not come across any requirement on the FBI website.

Your suggestion will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any current updates on the timelines from FBI (Opening / Processing) ?

SLteacher

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Check Cashed: 30-01-2015
ash137 said:
Any current updates on the timelines from FBI (Opening / Processing) ?
Processing June 23rd.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
aeropostale said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so kindly pardon my questions if it seems silly.

I downloaded the FD-258 from from the FBI website. I have 3 question regarding to this.

1. Can I take my own prints according to the specifications and leave the address and signature of the person taking the prints as blank. Or is it necessary to have it taken by a fingerprint taking authority.

2. In the FBI website it says to either Type or Print in black ink. Will it be an issue if I hand write the details suing a black pen. Of course I'll write it legibly.

3. Apart from the Fingerprint form and credit card form(for $18 payment), if any thing else required to be sent in the package to FBI. Few consultants recommend a cover letter stating why it is required along with the packed; but I did not come across any requirement on the FBI website.

Your suggestion will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.
1. Let an expert take your finger print and sign
2. You can write with black pen but dont use ball pen
3. Include your international passport data page

sidyahoo

Dec 24, 2014
just called the FBI and thanks to the lord they told me that my prints were readable and accepted and mailed out yesterday. here's my timeline:
Delivered on: 22 June
Credit Card Charged on: 29- Aug
Processed on:9 Sept
Mailed out on: 9 sept

This was my second attempt, i had sent only flat impressions on the first time so it was rejected and on the second time i rolled the fingers as per the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7N-4UNAzsw and it was approved. i did it my self using a normal ink stamp pad on a A4 paper.. hope to receive it soon.. good luck to all

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone

My application reached FBI on June 22, I called them today to ask about the update. They said the application hasn't been processed. Even though they are processing June 23 now. Is this normal or shall I wait for a day to call and check on it again. They didnt give me any information about whether my fingerprints have been accepted.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello everyone

My application reached FBI on June 22, I called them today to ask about the update. They said the application hasn't been processed. Even though they are processing June 23 now. Is this normal or shall I wait for a day to call and check on it again. They didnt give me any information about whether my fingerprints have been accepted.
They may have received quite a few applications on that date, I had the same experience. Just be patient, give a day or two and call them back.