Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
I still can't believe that people aren't asking them how "Granting immediate PR to spouses", as promised, and repealing Condition 51 are the same...because they clearly are NOT.
*chuckles* .. ohh Ponga .. While I don't disagree with the symantics, he just handed out a pretty big bag of goodies. While not immediate PR's, no more inland/outland, extending the OWP (meaning anyone in Canada can use it), and one application package can only mean freedom to travel again. It's a fair trade IMHO.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
alb007 said:
It's been 4 months since my husband's file was sent to Rome and there is no update from them whatsoever. GCMS notes show activity jn the file up to the moment I am being approved as his sponsor. Nothing noted from the visa officer. <...>I know people they got approved in 2 ro 3 months time from the same office during the first half this year.
I'm from different VO but in the same boat. It's really frustrating.
I hope these new changes will positively impact applicants who applied before Dec 7. Which I kinda doubt but still keep my fingers crossed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
*chuckles* .. ohh Ponga .. While I don't disagree with the symantics, he just handed out a pretty big bag of goodies. While not immediate PR's, no more inland/outland, extending the OWP (meaning anyone in Canada can use it), and one application package can only mean freedom to travel again. It's a fair trade IMHO.
Point taken, but... ;)

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
alb007 said:
It's been 4 months since my husband's file was sent to Rome and there is no update from them whatsoever. GCMS notes show activity jn the file up to the moment I am being approved as his sponsor. Nothing noted from the visa officer. Calling MP office is useless, they just remind me the timeline and tell me what I already know, like his eligibity is in process. I know it, have been staring at the same fricking status for four months now. I know people they got approved in 2 ro 3 months time from the same office during the first half this year. I have a medical condition which VO dont seem to care about. I am thinking to escalate my case to someone else other than MP office. Anybody knows what are the options I have?
I understand the frustration..However, it may help to understand, take a step back, and realize that there are thousands of applicants like you. Sometimes it doesn't help to read or hear this but even I, who lives in the United States, applied much sooner than you, February 4th have exactly what you have online. And my original VO is Ankara, Turkey. (10 months). The best thing to do is try not to get too worked up especially with your medical condition and try not to frustrate yourself. It is hard, I'm with you on that, I miss my wife also. She is in Canada. Being apart 9 months and counting doesn't help either. I have seen on Ankara forums applicants getting approved in like you said, 3-4 months. While nothing has changed for months on our end. The most important thing to do is focus on your husband and support each other. You will value each other more after this has passed. Look at the positives :) It's only a matter of time. Hang in there! ;)

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
alb007 said:
It's been 4 months since my husband's file was sent to Rome and there is no update from them whatsoever. GCMS notes show activity jn the file up to the moment I am being approved as his sponsor. Nothing noted from the visa officer. Calling MP office is useless, they just remind me the timeline and tell me what I already know, like his eligibity is in process. I know it, have been staring at the same fricking status for four months now. I know people they got approved in 2 ro 3 months time from the same office during the first half this year. I have a medical condition which VO dont seem to care about. I am thinking to escalate my case to someone else other than MP office. Anybody knows what are the options I have?
Your main option is: Calm down, relax, wait until it's gone past stated processing time, and then order your GCMS notes and get your MP involved.

Invoking things like your MP at such an early stage when you're nowhere near a slow application is counter-productive, as all it does is irritate someone who may be able to help in the future if something actually goes wrong (which it hasn't yet).

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Ponga said:
I still can't believe that people aren't asking them how "Granting immediate PR to spouses", as promised, and repealing Condition 51 are the same...because they clearly are NOT.
I can't believe you're still pretending they promised a zero processing time, which was never in any promise anywhere. They're delivering exactly what they promised: Immediate permanent residency to replace two years of conditional permanent residency.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bcboundboy said:
I can't believe you're still pretending they promised a zero processing time, which was never in any promise anywhere. They're delivering exactly what they promised: Immediate permanent residency to replace two years of conditional permanent residency.
Immediate permanent residency is given to all PR, including those with conditional 51. They both are given "immediate" residency status upon landing. So it is obvious that Trudeau meant removal of "conditional 51" clause, he should have been more clearer in their wording of it.

Now that said, they have shown that they care more about the fraudsters / terrorists than they do for the victims.

alb007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 18, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Bcboundboy said:
Your main option is: Calm down, relax, wait until it's gone past stated processing time, and then order your GCMS notes and get your MP involved.

Invoking things like your MP at such an early stage when you're nowhere near a slow application is counter-productive, as all it does is irritate someone who may be able to help in the future if something actually goes wrong (which it hasn't yet).
How do I get them to start working on my file so i will have decision made as per timeline?
We have been patient enough since the times when we started to collect information to be enclosed to our application. What they ask is ridiculous, they want to know everything about our relationship, even things that are supposed to be private because that is how far they go with their demands.
The bottom line is that the timeline and the outcome of the approval process is left on one officer's discretion, and if it happens that the one assigned to do your file is not willing to work and deliver on timr or is not pleased with the information you send them, then your life is screwed. This is not fair.

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Guyz Guyz...this change is just a reversal to Pre-Harper levels ;D Nothing "more".

It was taking people 2-3 years for processing under idiot Harper and Trudue just took that away. They were never going to make a "big" change to the whole process so at least we can be sure our files will be complete for most part in an year. I don't think personally that much time is fair either but considering the past can't really complain.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
screech339 said:
Immediate permanent residency is given to all PR, including those with conditional 51. They both are given "immediate" residency status upon landing. So it is obvious that Trudeau meant removal of "conditional 51" clause, he should have been more clearer in their wording of it.

Now that said, they have shown that they care more about the fraudsters / terrorists than they do for the victims.
They were very clear with the wording. "Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability."

There's no room for ambiguity. There's no suggestion of a processing time of zero. There's a clear statement that the conditional residency enforced by the Conservatives would be repealed.

There's simply no way to read into it what many seem to want to.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
alb007 said:
How do I get them to start working on my file so i will have decision made as per timeline?
We have been patient enough since the times when we started to collect information to be enclosed to our application. What they ask is ridiculous, they want to know everything about our relationship, even things that are supposed to be private because that is how far they go with their demands.
The bottom line is that the timeline and the outcome of the approval process is left on one officer's discretion, and if it happens that the one assigned to do your file is not willing to work and deliver on timr or is not pleased with the information you send them, then your life is screwed. This is not fair.
Timeline for Italy is 11 months. So if you've been waiting for 4 months, there's an 80% chance they'll be done in 7 months. Minus however long sponsor approval took, if you were including that in the initial 4 months.

Based on what you've written here, demanding notes and trying to harass your MP when you're less than half way to the stated processing time, you haven't been remotely patient. Screaming at them for 'not delivering on time' when you're less than half way to the time they say they'll deliver on isn't going to help you one iota.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
malbrax said:
Is this effective Dec 15th or Mar 2017?
Probably closer to March - they said in the speech the repeal was coming, the groundwork had been done, but it takes a few months to get it through Parliament. So certainly won't be Dec 15th, might or might not be March 2017. It's coming, is all we know.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcboundboy said:
They were very clear with the wording. "Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability."

There's no room for ambiguity. There's no suggestion of a processing time of zero. There's a clear statement that the conditional residency enforced by the Conservatives would be repealed.

There's simply no way to read into it what many seem to want to.
Would you at least agree, albeit reluctantly, that the words "immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada" are a contradiction in terms of how PR is really granted? Perhaps they were/are implying that a spouse doesn't really `enter' Canada until the day that they arrive to land as a PR?!

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Would you at least agree, albeit reluctantly, that the words "immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada" are a contradiction in terms of how PR is really granted? Perhaps they were/are implying that a spouse doesn't really `enter' Canada until the day that they arrive to land as a PR?!
I'm afraid I don't think I follow your argument? Yes, I would take it as a given that from their perspective, a person only enters Canada as a PR when landing to activate their PR. Before that point, they can be a worker, student, visitor, etc, but they only become attached to Canada when they become a PR, until then we're all another country's responsibility.