+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAMILY REUNIFICATION - BIG CHANGES

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Clearly, you do not.

It's mind boggling how you continue to support their poor choice of words in their promise.
It's very easy, because unlike you, I'm not having to add any extra words, or cut any out of it.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Lbalcueva said:
HI everyone,

I'm applying for spouse sponsorhip living outside Canada, then, our application already done and it will be submit to CIC this month of December,

Should I submit it? Or should I wait for the new release application kit on December 15,2016.

Am I will be affected?
No one knows until the new forms are released.

I don't see how they can change the forms they are pretty straight forward now. Also it seems like there is a quota for spouses so sending it earlier is probably better. Once the quota is met what will happen?

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
SaskinSeoul said:
No one knows until the new forms are released.

I don't see how they can change the forms they are pretty straight forward now. Also it seems like there is a quota for spouses so sending it earlier is probably better. Once the quota is met what will happen?
Must be why my application is taking long despite being recommended pass in July. According to McCallum the quota this year for spouses is 60,000 with a backlog of 80,000 applicants. Next year's quota is 64,000. So maybe a lot will be approved in the new year.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
buonqua said:
Must be why my application is taking long despite being recommended pass in July. According to McCallum the quota this year for spouses is 60,000 with a backlog of 80,000 applicants. Next year's quota is 64,000. So maybe a lot will be approved in the new year.
I was wondering the same thing with the quota... Are they going to stick to their quota and not go over 64,000, or stick to the 80% of files processed in less than 12 months? Hopefully they are willing to go over their quota a little if necessary to meet their 12 month processing goal, and not arbitrarily slow down processing once the quota is met (wasting precious resources)...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CdnWifeLivingInThailand said:
I was wondering the same thing with the quota... Are they going to stick to their quota and not go over 64,000, or stick to the 80% of files processed in less than 12 months? Hopefully they are willing to go over their quota a little if necessary to meet their 12 month processing goal, and not arbitrarily slow down processing once the quota is met (wasting precious resources)...
The 80% number is because 20% of cases are more complex and require more attention. So that's not a hard limit. That's a reality introduced so they don't over-promise.

That said, you'll note that 2016 saw an extra 12,000 spots added to the quota mid year as well. I don't believe there is 80,000 in the processing queue as they have been churning out 12,000 cases per quarter. That far exceeds the intake.

That said, if he wants to meet his targets (and I genuinely think he does -- he has caught a lot of flack over the family class), he can always have the house agree to up the limit again mid year to absorb the rest of the backlog.

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
Wow. We were so close to getting things submitted. We just completed up-front medicals this week and all I'm waiting on now is my UK police clearance (as we lived there for a few years). I am thinking I will still apply under the old format given that is what we've followed up until now. Hopefully that doesn't pose any problem for us.

Prior to this week, the "Processing time" link was showing for our situation (Spousal application from Australia) would take 10 months. Now the page says 12 months with the little question mark providing the following text;
"This number is our new processing time objective for spousal sponsorship applications.

We aim to process about 80 percent of spousal sponsorship applications that we get on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months from the day we receive the application."

Presumably the 12 month suggested by that "Processing time" link is now just a generic value.

Looking forward to finally being able to submit our application.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mr-moose said:
Presumably the 12 month suggested by that "Processing time" link is now just a generic value.

Looking forward to finally being able to submit our application.
exactly, just because the expected processing time is 12 months for everyone now, it does not suggest those visa offices that process applications quicker will not continue at the same pace as they are now. it is suggesting that 80% of application will not need to wait longer than 12 months. it's essentially taking all those current "processing times" and making them even across the board. i'm confident offices that process applications in 6-10 months now will continue to do so under this new initiative. and since the application is going to be simpler, i suspect we will see more visa offices around the world process in less than 12 months.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
exactly, just because the expected processing time is 12 months for everyone now, it does not suggest those visa offices who process quicker than that will not continue at the same pace as they are now. it is suggesting that 80% of application will not need to wait longer than 12 months.
Personally, I will be interested to see the concurrency pattern and how they plan to use the remote VO's to off-load work from CPC-M.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
exactly, just because the expected processing time is 12 months for everyone now, it does not suggest those visa offices that process applications quicker will not continue at the same pace as they are now. it is suggesting that 80% of application will not need to wait longer than 12 months. it's essentially taking all those current "processing times" and making them even across the board. i'm confident offices that process applications in 6-10 months now will continue to do so under this new initiative. and since the application is going to be simpler, i suspect we will see more visa offices around the world process in less than 12 months.
I hope you're right. I do slightly fear that visa offices currently delivering 6, 9, 10 months will find resources diverted away from them in order to bring others down to 12, which will slow those quicker ones down. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bcboundboy said:
I hope you're right. I do slightly fear that visa offices currently delivering 6, 9, 10 months will find resources diverted away from them in order to bring others down to 12, which will slow those quicker ones down. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.
it will be indeed. however, we've seen this a little bit already with ottawa. ottawa has been charged with overflow duties, and applications are still being processed consistently in 4.5-8 months time. i think it's going to come down to the internal training. i'm really hoping this streamlined package and essentially less paperwork helps make their job easier, therefore more likely to get processing done quicker. fingers crossed for sure!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
That was my point. If you have a remote VO with processing time, does that mean cases from other VO's will be shuffled to that free VO?

They are also closing/relocating CPC-V, so I expect it will be offline for a few months while that happens too. CPC-V was CPC-M's overflow...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
That was my point. If you have a remote VO with processing time, does that mean cases from other VO's will be shuffled to that free VO?

They are also closing/relocating CPC-V, so I expect it will be offline for a few months while that happens too. CPC-V was CPC-M's overflow...
unfortunately, the only way we will know is to be patient and wait for it to all unfold...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
unfortunately, the only way we will know is to be patient and wait for it to all unfold...
I always fail at patience games... ;)

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
profiler said:
I always fail at patience games... ;)
Not only fail..
We will see how things goes, my interest is if they will process old applicant's faster in accordance of this new law

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
LOST777 said:
i was just about to send an application for my wife. been working on it for months lol. shes in the uae and im in canada.

now i think i'll wait for the new application as its streamlined and i feel they will be able to get through it faster. what do you all think? ;D
I'd send it now if you're ready. I think they will, logically, go through the old forms quicker than the new. Even if they don't, having it in there earlier isn't a bad thing. There might be a massive influx with the new forms.

Regarding the conditional PR: I don't agree with repealing that completely. It's just a band-aid solution. All they had to do, was put in an exception for those who have lived together for more than the required years. For instance, my now husband and I have lived together, literally, for 10 years. But when he applied for his visa we'd only been married for 1.9 years. So, they stuck him with the conditional PR, which might have been wrong, I don't know. It's kind of like being punished for getting married (though it in no way has any effect on our situation).

They should have:
1) Allowed for co-habitation to count towards the time together
2) Added a clause stating if there are extenuating circumstances, they wouldn't just rip the PR away from a spouse who immigrated then got dumped by their sponsor.

This is a tough situation though, because relationships as we all know are hard to monitor.

Still, the amount of frauds out there probably isn't that high, and they do have a process to weed those out (interviews).