Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Cross99 said:
Once the inland-outland differentiation ceases to exist, ANY applicant present in Canada with status should be able to apply!

From: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-07.asp

So once an 'outland' applicant moves to Canada, informs CIC that their address is the same as the Sponsor's, I think they should be good for the OWP, eligibility wise.

But, it is interesting to note that CIC continues to use the 'in Canada Class' terminology.
It makes sense though. Because that would mean that people in Canada can use the OWP and benefit from the shorter processing times. Outside of Canada would be a moot point for the OWP.

floribec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-08-2016; Passed
Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
Good points! My big question is would inland applicants have issues leaving and reentering Canada if they are unifying the processes...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
floribec said:
Good points! My big question is would inland applicants have issues leaving and reentering Canada if they are unifying the processes...
Just thinking it through logically, I don't think there would be. Because they really aren't differentiating between the geographical location anymore (inside versus, say, Europe). Right?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
Just thinking it through logically, I don't think there would be. Because they really aren't differentiating between the geographical location anymore (inside versus, say, Europe). Right?
and in that case, any applications after Dec 15 would be able to appeal the decision (as opposed to no appeals for "inland" applications), if they are all considered 1 stream now. am i the only one who can't wait to read the new guide and rules? there seems there will actually be change to the system!

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
CDNPR2014 said:
and in that case, any application after Dec 15 would be able to appeal the decision, if they are all considered 1 stream now. am i the only one who can't wait to read the new guide and rules? there seems there will actually be change to the system!
[/qHow long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.

If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.

To help us process your application as quickly as possible,

make sure your file is up to date;
link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.uote]

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Yesterday betty44 was dancing that cic has announced minister john mccullam will make a speech on family reunification. He was dancing that he choosen facebook because it will be a biggest announcement. What happend betty44 has any announcement about extra siblings points came? Lol :D :p

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.

If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.

To help us process your application as quickly as possible,

make sure your file is up to date;
link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rlcdeleña said:
How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
this question was already answered in the other thread you posted it in. there's no way to answer this question.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
CDNPR2014 said:
this question was already answered in the other thread you posted it in. there's no way to answer this question.
well i applied october i hope i am not gonna wait 12mos..still hoping

alb007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 18, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Goverment says they are making it easier and faster for Canadians to reunite with their families.
My visa office just increased the timeline to 10 months from 9 months that was last week.
I don't get what are they talking about.

Kitoko90

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront- passed
Med's Done....
4-11-2016
Passport Req..
3-13-2017
VISA ISSUED...
BY Faith
LANDED..........
BY Faith April 2017
alb007 said:
Goverment says they are making it easier and faster for Canadians to reunite with their families.
My visa office just increased the timeline to 10 months from 9 months that was last week.
My visa office decreased to 16 months from 22 months. :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
alb007 said:
they are talking about reducing the time for ALL applications, specifically the inland stream, to 12 months. More than likely this isn't specific to visa offices outside of canada, since for the most part a majority of visa offices process applications in 12 months or less, despite what is posted online. the fact your processing time changed online last week really doesn't mean much. as most of us know, the outland processing times listed on the website are not averages, and a majority of applications are processed in much less time. if you want to know how long it REALLY takes to process an application at your visa office, then find the thread specific to that office and ask there. more than likely you will see the "real" average is 10-12 months. A lot of visa offices process in less time than that - more like 6-8. I really recommend to stop going by what is posted online. it is not accurate and it is not being interpreted correctly, if you are interpreting it as an average.

they also updated the guide and will no longer have 2 streams. it will all be streamlined in 1 sponsorship category now.

we can't expect the processing times online to change drastically today or even this month, since this is a NEW initiative. the processing times posted represent applications processed in the past, not applications that are sitting in queue waiting for processing.

alb007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2016
AOR Received.
August 18, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Passed
CDNPR2014 said:
they are talking about reducing the time for ALL applications, specifically the inland stream, to 12 months. More than likely this isn't specific to visa offices outside of canada, since for the most part a majority of visa offices process applications in 12 months or less, despite what is posted online. the fact your processing time changed online last week really doesn't mean much. as most of us know, the outland processing times listed on the website are not averages, and a majority of applications are processed in much less time. if you want to know how long it REALLY takes to process an application at your visa office, then find the thread specific to that office and ask there. more than likely you will see the "real" average is 10-12 months. A lot of visa offices process in less time than that - more like 6-8. I really recommend to stop going by what is posted online. it is not accurate and it is not being interpreted correctly, if you are interpreting it as an average.

they also updated the guide and will no longer have 2 streams. it will all be streamlined in 1 sponsorship category now.

we can't expect the processing times online to change drastically today or even this month, since this is a NEW initiative. the processing times posted represent applications processed in the past, not applications that are sitting in queue waiting for processing.
It's been 4 months since my husband's file was sent to Rome and there is no update from them whatsoever. GCMS notes show activity jn the file up to the moment I am being approved as his sponsor. Nothing noted from the visa officer. Calling MP office is useless, they just remind me the timeline and tell me what I already know, like his eligibity is in process. I know it, have been staring at the same fricking status for four months now. I know people they got approved in 2 ro 3 months time from the same office during the first half this year. I have a medical condition which VO dont seem to care about. I am thinking to escalate my case to someone else other than MP office. Anybody knows what are the options I have?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
alb007 said:
It's been 4 months since my husband's file was sent to Rome and there is no update from them whatsoever. GCMS notes show activity jn the file up to the moment I am being approved as his sponsor. Nothing noted from the visa officer. Calling MP office is useless, they just remind me the timeline and tell me what I already know, like his eligibity is in process. I know it, have been staring at the same fricking status for four months now. I know people they got approved in 2 ro 3 months time from the same office during the first half this year. I have a medical condition which VO dont seem to care about. I am thinking to escalate my case to someone else other than MP office. Anybody knows what are the options I have?
it's been 4 months. no one is going to be able to help you until you are past the posted processing time. just because others in your visa office were approved quicker, doesn't mean you will. in fact, isn't the average on this forum for rome more like 8-10 months??? every application is unique, and perhaps yours isn't as straight forward. honestly, i think it is overreaching expecting something after 4 months. your experience is not out of the norm. a majority of applicants do not get any communication from cic until they are ready to finalize the visa. why are you expecting it to be different? this process is 99% in the dark. there's no reason to expect CIC will contact you unless they need something or have approved your application. if you haven't heard anything after 8-10 months, then i'd start questioning it. 4 months is nothing compared to what a lot of people experience. Also, ECAS is not reliable. If a person wants to keep their sanity during the process, then checking ECAS needs to be limited. it does not provide an accurate picture of what is happening with a file. a lot of people don't get updates at all, even after landing.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still can't believe that people aren't asking them how "Granting immediate PR to spouses", as promised, and repealing Condition 51 are the same...because they clearly are NOT.