22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Previously the wait time for the country we applied from, Tunisia, was only 8 months, but for applications filed after December 7th its now 12 months.... so where's the faster in that? Other countries with a shorter than 12 month wait time previous to this change have also all been bumped up to a year. It is indicating applications received prior to December 7th 2016 still have the previous wait time but that they will be processed by December 2017. So does this just mean that processing will not be longer than that, as I have seen some people waiting an exceedingly long time past their estimated wait time frames?

Anyway, we applied in August so hopefully it will be done within the initial 8 months, hopefully at most by the end of April 2017! because next December would be 16 months for us in that case and Ill be freaking out if i'm still sitting here on ice til then!

I have been watching other August applicants PPR's rolling in already so its gotten me excited that it could happen sooner rather than later. In particular the Manilla office is moving super fast. Not so sure whats going on at the Paris VO, no updates since AOR2 "application in progress" on October 17th. Anyway, I'm probably all worked up for nothing here but geeez the anxiety of this is ridiculous :p

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
trikiliki said:
Previously the wait time for the country we applied from, Tunisia, was only 8 months, but for applications filed after December 7th its now 12 months.... so where's the faster in that? Other countries with a shorter than 12 month wait time previous to this change have also all been bumped up to a year. It is indicating applications received prior to December 7th 2016 still have the previous wait time but that they will be processed by December 2017. So does this just mean that processing will not be longer than that, as I have seen some people waiting an exceedingly long time past their estimated wait time frames?

Anyway, we applied in August so hopefully it will be done within the initial 8 months, hopefully at most by the end of April 2017! because next December would be 16 months for us in that case and Ill be freaking out if i'm still sitting here on ice til then!

I have been watching other August applicants PPR's rolling in already so its gotten me excited that it could happen sooner rather than later. In particular the Manilla office is moving super fast. Not so sure whats going on at the Paris VO, no updates since AOR2 "application in progress" on October 17th. Anyway, I'm probably all worked up for nothing here but geeez the anxiety of this is ridiculous :p
12 months OR LESS he said..

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In retrospect of my post, I suppose this makes it a little more fair and equal for all countries as opposed to some people having to only wait 8 months and others 26 just based on geography :-[

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
trikiliki said:

Any applications received prior to December 7th 2016 will be processed in the order it was received. In that aspect, there is no reason for worry.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
trikiliki said:
In retrospect of my post, I suppose this makes it a little more fair and equal for all countries as opposed to some people having to only wait 8 months and others 26 just based on geography :-[
Spouse from war torn countries - for ex: Afghanistan had to wait for 36 months. Under the new process, it would be 12 months. More uniformity with this process, imho.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
the Trudeau's are great with their immigration policies. My parents and I were refugees under Pierre Trudeau and now my wife hopefully will be a PR under Justin Trudeau's revamping of the immigration policies.

Been waiting 9 months. My wife is due to give birth in 4 months but I'll take the 3 more months just suck it up and pay out of my pocket for the labour birth if it gets my wife to Canada faster.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nartcr said:
Spouse from war torn countries - for ex: Afghanistan had to wait for 36 months. Under the new process, it would be 12 months. More uniformity with this process, imho.
Agreed!

criveros

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
What's happening with open work permits (OWP) ?

Do you guys think this will be extended this year as well?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
criveros said:
What's happening with open work permits (OWP) ?

Do you guys think this will be extended this year as well?
Yup. See: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1166139 Last Paragraph of D

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
nartcr said:
Any applications received prior to December 7th 2016 will be processed in the order it was received. In that aspect, there is no reason for worry.
So how was it processed before? lol Do they mean to tell us before they were nit picking which application were processed and now it's first in first out regardless if there's complication or red flags?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
Yup. See: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1166139 Last Paragraph of D
if they are streamlining the process and creating 1 application, I'm wondering if that means as of Dec 15 applicants, those who are technically "outland applicants" are now eligible for the work permit, if they are in Canada during their process. it will be interesting to see how they classify those who are eligible; right now it only says applicants "in Canada". is it any applicant who remains in Canada during processing or will there be some other criteria used? and does this mean ANY applicant who is in Canada while the application is processing should also send an OWP application along with the PR app? interesting, interesting...

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
Kitoko90 said:
Okay i had a chance to listen on on the message from IRCC minister...

here's a few notes Starting March 2017

-there will be only one application for inland and outland applications
- instead of numerous checklist, there will be one unified checklist.
- they are working to reducing processing time from average 24 months to 12 months,
if you have already applied prior to this date process will take 4 months.
- PR 2 year conditions will be removed
- Age of dependency will increase to 22 form 18
- Standards of medical, security and criminality back ground will stay the same
-they have received 25 million in funding to hire more agents to help with processing times.

It was really muffled but i hope i got the important notes.
How about the October applicants or other applicanys...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
if they are streamlining the process and creating 1 application, I'm wondering if that means as of Dec 15 applicants, those who are technically "outland applicants" are now eligible for the work permit, if they are in Canada during their process. it will be interesting to see how they classify those who are eligible; right now it only says applicants "in Canada". is it any applicant who remains in Canada during processing or will there be some other criteria used? and does this mean ANY applicant who is in Canada while the application is processing should also send an OWP application along with the PR app? interesting, interesting...
That's actually a very, very good point.

But wouldn't that make the "outlanders" actually "inlanders" then?

pirchcom

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
A question regarding sponsoring a child. Now this has changed from 19 to 22 can a person sponsor a child that is 21 but working. Or can they not be working.

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
Once the inland-outland differentiation ceases to exist, ANY applicant present in Canada with status should be able to apply!

From: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-07.asp

To be eligible for an open work permit, you must be a spouse or common-law partner living in Canada who is being sponsored under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class. You must have valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student or worker) and live at the same address as your sponsor.
So once an 'outland' applicant moves to Canada, informs CIC that their address is the same as the Sponsor's, I think they should be good for the OWP, eligibility wise.

But, it is interesting to note that CIC continues to use the 'in Canada Class' terminology.