+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys,

Just want to find if any of you have received an Interview request? I recently received one and am extremely anxious as to why I have been called.

For those who have been called for interview; what documents have you been requested to bring in?
could u plz share your timeline
I applied on March 15 and received biometric letter on 24th of April after that nothing.

Reactions: htariq

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
whtas your timeline please and have u done your medical upfront
Hey U.A.E doesn't require medicals

I got a refusal though.
I applied paper based on 14th may. Linked it on 20th june, after a few hours it updated to refused with no messages in gckey. Really confused tho

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
could u plz share your timeline
I applied on March 15 and received biometric letter on 24th of April after that nothing.
Hey,

I reapplied on May 30th, 2019. Received the interview request on June 11th. Just logged into my account and status has changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." What exactly does this change in status mean?

My interview is on 27th June. I have not yet received Medical request.

Thank you.

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hey U.A.E doesn't require medicals

I got a refusal though.
I applied paper based on 14th may. Linked it on 20th june, after a few hours it updated to refused with no messages in gckey. Really confused tho
Hey,

Sorry to hear that. My initial application was refused in a similar manner--you should receive a refusal letter stating the reasons shortly.

Do you intend to reapply?

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hey,

Sorry to hear that. My initial application was refused in a similar manner--you should receive a refusal letter stating the reasons shortly.

Do you intend to reapply?
Yeah ive seen its a common trend

Yes i do plan to reapply once i get the letter. Wbu?

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Yeah ive seen its a common trend

Yes i do plan to reapply once i get the letter. Wbu?
Good luck! You should order GCMS notes in case the reasons stated in the letter are vague.

I reapplied on May 30th. I got an interview request for the 27th of June so extremely anxious at this point. Hoping it goes well as interview requests are quite rare in the case of study permit applications. My online status changed to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

not sure if its a positive sign or not

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
GCMS notes take too much time. I don't have that kind of time on hand if i wanna reapply.

Interview ia a good opportunity to convince them ur going to come back to your home country. Read some pointers online on how to convince that you won't stay in canada

noor e javed

May 11, 2019
Hi guys.
I want so ask if anyone of you had applied for visa sometime in the month of May?
Cuz I did and I haven't received any update as yet. I got into Sheridan btw.

Azlan Aslam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I have got acceptance in McGill University for Fall 2019. I have applied for study permit on June 15th and have given my biometrics on 18th June. Now waiting for further actions.
Anyone who is going in McGill Uni or have applied for study permit like me in June.

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hello there,
Applied for visa on 12 June without upfront medical, paper-based with biometrics. Since then my application is under process. Any idea how long it could take?

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I have got acceptance in McGill University for Fall 2019. I have applied for study permit on June 15th and have given my biometrics on 18th June. Now waiting for further actions.
Anyone who is going in McGill Uni or have applied for study permit like me in June.
Hey,

I reapplied on May 30th, 2019. Received the interview request on June 11th. Just logged into my account and status has changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." What exactly does this change in status mean?

My interview is on 27th June. I have not yet received Medical request.

Thank you.
hi
what happened to your interview, any updates......
I m still in the background check