+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2019 Intake: Pakistani Students Only

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Has anyone from Pakistan experienced issues with their biometric enrolment?

I applied for a study permit online and received a request the following day to submit my biometrics. However I've been struggling to schedule an appointment online. When I go to the scheduling website, their calendar does not let you select a time and date for any month of the year. This is obviously a glitch. I've tried calling them (no one answers), and chatted with an agent who told me the entire month was booked, and to keep checking their website and wait/hope for "additional slots" to open, which is ridiculous!

Has anyone else faced a similar issue? Do you think going to the Visa Application Center in person would make a difference?
There seems to a technical issue with the system itself. I am sure institutions are aware of it as many would have experienced/are experiencing this issue. Wait and retry. No one had luck in getting in touch with them over the phone. I have read this in many posts.

I do not think that visiting VAC will make any difference. I guess you may call VAC and notify them about the issue. They may have some explanations. Please do let us know how it goes with you once you have some success.

FoxZone

Jan 3, 2019
anyone out there applied for Manitoba or Dalhousie or ottawa University for mscs coursework? what is your status and when did you apply?

link501

Feb 24, 2019
There seems to a technical issue with the system itself. I am sure institutions are aware of it as many would have experienced/are experiencing this issue. Wait and retry. No one had luck in getting in touch with them over the phone. I have read this in many posts.

I do not think that visiting VAC will make any difference. I guess you may call VAC and notify them about the issue. They may have some explanations. Please do let us know how it goes with you once you have some success.
UPDATE: Just made my appointment online.

For anyone struggling to get one, log in after 9 am on a business day and keep refreshing the calendar in 10-min intervals until you see some green boxes appear magically in the same month. Around 9:30 am, I had the option to choose between multiple timeslots from a choice of 3 days (that were supposed to be fully booked).

Scheduling an appointment is supposed to be a FREE service. Don’t pay these crooks a cent above the biometric fee you’ve already paid!

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
UPDATE: Just made my appointment online.

For anyone struggling to get one, log in after 9 am on a business day and keep refreshing the calendar in 10-min intervals until you see some green boxes appear magically in the same month. Around 9:30 am, I had the option to choose between multiple timeslots from a choice of 3 days (that were supposed to be fully booked).

Scheduling an appointment is supposed to be a FREE service. Don’t pay these crooks a cent above the biometric fee you’ve already paid!

Many thanks for letting us know. Will be following your advice.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I also have the same question.
I supposed you do not need WES evaluation for an admission application. But be sure to ask the coordinator of a department that you are applying to for more info on this as it varies. I have not come across anything things that says that one need WES for admission.

A_Az

Mar 27, 2019
I supposed you do not need WES evaluation for an admission application. But be sure to ask the coordinator of a department that you are applying to for more info on this as it varies. I have not come across anything things that says that one need WES for admission.
Okay thank you :) Have you applied to any Ontario College?

mhaseebjaved

Aug 4, 2018
No. I applied to Memorial University. Thanks to Almighty I have secured an admission confirmation with funding. Preparing my visa application nowadays.
I applied for May intake for MUN, if you need any help with Visa process dont hesitate to ping me.

A_Az

Mar 27, 2019
Many thanks. Let us know about your experiences.
I want to apply to Centennial College but I need my IELTS scores, I have not taken the test yet :(. I'm booking my test for the next month. I'm hoping will succeed InshaAllah and it won't be too late for fall 2019 intake.

Mustunsir

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
I want to apply to Centennial College but I need my IELTS scores, I have not taken the test yet :(. I'm booking my test for the next month. I'm hoping will succeed InshaAllah and it won't be too late for fall 2019 intake.
InshaAllah! I guess it depends on the admission deadline. Its always better to go early when applying for admission as it takes time for visa students to receive the decision on their application.

Admission into a University increases your changes of visa.

All the best

A_Az

Mar 27, 2019
InshaAllah! I guess it depends on the admission deadline. Its always better to go early when applying for admission as it takes time for visa students to receive the decision on their application.

Admission into a University increases your changes of visa.

All the best
Yeah. Hoping for the best.
Thank you.
Good luck on your visa process.