LANDED..........

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are wrong, no stamp for Super visa meant 2 yrs.
Abhi098 is correct. It seems many people were confused about this, so IRCC has clarified the wording.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-temporary-port.html

The Immigration Program Guidance Branch receives a significant number of functional guidance questions from immigration representatives indicating that the current instructions on this topic are unclear. The changes also address the length of stay determined at the POE for holders of a super visa.

Length of admissions
An officer at the POE will determine the length of time that a temporary resident may remain in Canada.

Note: In general, stamps issued by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers at the POE are valid for a period of 6 months from the date of entry.

If a handwritten date has been placed under the stamp, the period of authorized stay expires on that date.

For example, for parents and grandparents who possess the super visa temporary resident visa or letter, CBSA officers will handwrite a date that is 2 years from the date of entry on their initial visit only.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
That is after Jan 26 2018, before that, if there is no stamp it is still 2yrs, now, they have to write the date, no more of no stamp date.
So I am still right.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That is after Jan 28 2018, before that, if there is no stamp it is still 2yrs, now, they have to write the date, no more of no stamp date.
So I am still right.
If it were an actual rule change, then there would be far more information, including info about an effective date. It doesn't state anything like that, as this is simply a clarification on wording, not an actual rule change. It should therefore be assumed that it applies universally, regardless of entry date.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Why would a parent stay for 6months only after doing a medical test and bought 1 yr insurance, parent should have applied for a regular trv instead! They changed it so people get a stamp date so they are not confused if it’s 6months or 2yrs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Reactions: Abhi098

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe it’s not really a rule change but clarification that people will get a stamp date now regardless, if it’s 12mos, 14, 16 18 or 24 mos, but I am 100% sure if there’s no stamp based on experiences here posted, it is 2yrs.

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Why are you linking someone's hearsay as a source? If you have to link, link office CIC website here for factual information. Stop trying to claim whether you are right or not. It's not a competitive question. These are life changing experiences, and one's unofficial advice can change someone's life, either negatively or positively. Please answer such questions carefully. I'm just stating what IRCC website states on it.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
An experience is a hearsay? Give me a break.
Why are we here then in the forum and seek advise from people who had experience if you will not believe it.
Why don’t you call CIC and post what you find.

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Maybe it’s not really a rule change but clarification that people will get a stamp date now regardless, if it’s 12mos, 14, 16 18 or 24 mos, but I am 100% sure if there’s no stamp based on experiences here posted, it is 2yrs.
An experience is a hearsay? Give me a break.
Why are we here then in the forum and seek advise from people who had experience if you will not believe it.
Why don’t you call CIC and post what you find.
Please don't take my words as offensive. I apologize if I did come across as such.

It is hearsay, experiences are experiences and they are going to differ. This forum is definitely a platform for sharing those experiences, no one should consider them as simply more than unofficial opinions.

I don't have to call them because I personally went through this process. That's why I encouraged to recommend looking at the IRCC link.

I'm not here to initiate an arguement. Please I'm just stating what I think what it is. Rest is in OP's hands.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
And what was your experience with Super Visa no date stamp?
I was just making sense on why would a parent apply for SV if he or she will only get 6 mos like a regular TRV with no date stamp? Kinda unfair.
I will tell my friend to call CIC because her mom did not get a date stamp. My mom got a date stamp of 1 yr bec. her passport is expiring soon.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So same as the link I posted, the first entry did not have a stamp and stayed for 2yrs no problem but the second entry had to be 6 mos only and if wanted can apply for extension.