Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Officer politely told me only first stay is good for 2 years (with a handwritten date) and then only 6 months can be allowed for later entries. Hence, he wouldn't be able to hand write me a date, and thus stay would only be valid for 6 months. I applied online for an extension for 2 yrs since it is supervisa and I was approved for 2 years.
Is medical insurance mandatory for extension?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
UPDATE: my friend called CIC, and the agent said IF NO STAMP means 2 YEARS if first time,
if not first time = 6 months
Is it clear now?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
UPDATE: my friend called CIC, and the agent said IF NO STAMP means 2 YEARS if first time,
if not first time = 6 months
Is it clear now?
Lol, the Call Centre staff are wrong more than they are right. The website clearly states that supervisa holders need to have a handwritten date stating years. No stamp = 6 months. It's pretty damn clear.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Super visa - Length of stay - Less than 2 years on initial entry
The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.
However, if you did not get a Visitor Record when you arrived in Canada, and there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country on or before that date.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date, or
  • No stamp in your passport:
    • it is important you leave the country two years from the date of your initial entry.
To obtain a Visitor record or to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor:
  • You can apply by mail or online before the expiry date of your current status,
    • we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you to fill out the form and it will give you the address where to mail it.
  • You are authorized to stay in Canada until a decision is made.
What’s next?
To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Super visa - Length of stay - Less than 2 years on initial entry
The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.
However, if you did not get a Visitor Record when you arrived in Canada, and there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country on or before that date.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date, or
  • No stamp in your passport:
    • it is important you leave the country two years from the date of your initial entry.
To obtain a Visitor record or to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor:
  • You can apply by mail or online before the expiry date of your current status,
    • we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you to fill out the form and it will give you the address where to mail it.
  • You are authorized to stay in Canada until a decision is made.
What’s next?
To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.
Old information and no longer available. I really don't know why you are fighting on this. The link I posted clearly states that they have updated the language and clarified the supervisa length of stay.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Whatever you say

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Old information and no longer available. I really don't know why you are fighting on this. The link I posted clearly states that they have updated the language and clarified the supervisa length of stay.
You should apply as CIC agent because you are an expert. And boot all those agents that give wrong info.

Nikos88

Feb 8, 2018
Hi!
I would like your help please! i got an email 8 days ago that my application to extend my stay in Canada as a visitor was approved. Could you please tell me how long it usually take to mail me the physical document?
Thank you!

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Hi, i am gonna apply for extension. I am doing it online. But they only want one page scanned. So how can i scan multiple pages in one page? And should i upload marriage certificate? I don't know how to upload all of these documents. The space is very strict.

Ikki1

May 25, 2019
HELLO!
My husband and I are PR holders. Our minor son is here in Canada with us on a TRV. He will complete his 6 months in Canada soon. I am going to apply for his visitor record. Do I need to submit his medical exam results along with the request for VISITOR RECORD? (The CIC website asks me to attach his medical exam under the supporting documents).

If yes, then:
1. Can I attach the medical results used during his TRV (assuming they are valid for a year)
2. Do I get new medical exam done for him again?
3. Do I wait for a medical exam request from CIC after his visitor record is approved ?

PLEASE ADVICE!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
HELLO!
My husband and I are PR holders. Our minor son is here in Canada with us on a TRV. He will complete his 6 months in Canada soon. I am going to apply for his visitor record. Do I need to submit his medical exam results along with the request for VISITOR RECORD? (The CIC website asks me to attach his medical exam under the supporting documents).

If yes, then:
1. Can I attach the medical results used during his TRV (assuming they are valid for a year)
2. Do I get new medical exam done for him again?
3. Do I wait for a medical exam request from CIC after his visitor record is approved ?

PLEASE ADVICE!!
Use the same medical.