+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

vishalsh619

Feb 12, 2019
Hello to all.
I have a question about my job experience whether It is gonna count or not.. After my schooling, due to some financial issues I started doing job in a kindergarten school from 2013 to 2016 in between that I also started my correspondence graduation in 2014...and in 2016 someone gave me advice that I should do diploma in elementary education which was for 2 years... So I just left my job and started doing that and left my graduation there now I am done with my graduation+my diploma and I just wanted know that... Will my job experience be valid or not. .. Plz reply and thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone! I have just begun to create my profile for express entry and it would be very helpful if someone can help clear my doubts.

I have 2 years of work experience, divided into 2 companies

Company 1 : Position A (6 months) Position B (3 months)

Company 2 : Position A (5 months ) Position B (13 months)

I have reference letters for Company1 Position A and the Company2 Position B. The employers aren’t ready to provide job duties for the other two jobs. My CRS score is 453.

My question is, Should I just include just the positions for which I have the reference letter in Work experience while creating profile and the other two just as the part of personal history, once I receive the ITA?

Or Should I include all the position in work experience and try to provide supporting documents for the ones which I don’t have letter and duties for?
If the HR department is not ready to provide the required letter, try asking one of your supervisors or team leads to see if they will provide you with one.

If nothing else works, as a last resort, you can try providing a duly notarized self affidavit + supporting documents and explain this in a letter of reference. Please note that there is no guarantee that this will work - this option should be the very last resort.

For everything you mention in the work history section, you must submit a letter showing responsibilities.

Good luck .

Reactions: gailsc83

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello to all.
I have a question about my job experience whether It is gonna count or not.. After my schooling, due to some financial issues I started doing job in a kindergarten school from 2013 to 2016 in between that I also started my correspondence graduation in 2014...and in 2016 someone gave me advice that I should do diploma in elementary education which was for 2 years... So I just left my job and started doing that and left my graduation there now I am done with my graduation+my diploma and I just wanted know that... Will my job experience be valid or not. .. Plz reply and thanks in advance
1) Find out which NOC your job falls under. It should fall under category 0,A or B.

2) Find out if you are able to get reference letter with the details required by IRCC and if the responsibilities in your reference letter match approximately 70% of the responsibilities listed under the NOC.

If you are able to satisfy the criteria listed above, you might be eligible to claim points for that work experience.

Find your NOC here ->

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Reactions: vishalsh619

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone. Please I need your help.

I am on post graduation work permit after 2 years of diploma. I work as a manager and have more than 2 years of experience here in Canada.
So my questions are:
1.Do I still need to prove my financial funds or I can just show them my pay subs, that I am working full time?

If you get your invitation to apply under CEC category (which will happen in your case), you are exempt from showing funds.

2. Can I take my medical exam before my application

You SHOULD take your medical exam before you submit your e-APR and submit it as a part of the application. Remember, this is after getting ITA .

3. What is the format for job offer that I suppose to attach to my documents.

Google ''CIC EE checklist', open the first link and you'll find the format there.

4. My work visa is suppose to expire in September but I was planing to go back home for a few months.
- can I give them my friends mail to deliver the PR or I have to sign when I receive it?

What do you mean by 'Deliever the PR'? In order to obtain the PR status, after your application is approved, you must provide your passport for stamping (or a passport copy if you are from a visa exempt country). Once the passport is stamped, you would have to 'land' in Canada with the passport and COPR in order to become a permanent resident.

Now, if you are outside Canada, you might have to request IRCC to let you submit your passport at the Canadian consulate responsible for the country that you are living in. If you are visa exempt national, you should still send them a copy of the bio pages of your passport and you'll be sent COPR. You should then 'land' in Canada to become a PR .Your PR card is sent after that (takes 2-3 months) via mail.

I would recommend you do more research about this.

- do I have to be in the country when they send my PR?

No, but you should land in Canada first to become a permanent resident.

- if not can my friends mail it to me and I will arrive to Canada with my PR?

Read above .

-What if my PR arrive after September and my work visa is already expired ?

Doesn't matter AFAIK.

- how much time do I have from the day I receive PR to land in the country?

You would see the date you should land by on your visa/COPR.

Thank you so much for your help

abeerzsingh

Dec 23, 2018
Dear friends,
Hope all are in good spirits. I'm seeking your expertise in my case.

I'm applying for EE (PNP) with a low CRS score (393). Hence NOC code is very critical to expect the invite.

My spouse who'll play the secondary applicant has equal work experience as a Secondary School Teacher and an Office Administrator. Which NOC shall I select for her to maximise our chances to receive provincial invite?

Pardon my lack of knowledge and please be welcome to correct my understanding. Also to mention that we've tried every inch to make our CRS score move north but couldn't succeed.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I am presently residing in Canada and applying for PR through Express Entry.

1) Do I need to mention my present stay in Canada under Travel History?

2) I do have PCC from my home country. It's 5 months old. Do I need to get PCC again?

3) Do I need to mention all my family member details ( inclusive of ones, who are not PR holders ?

4) Do I need to mention 10 / 12 th standard school mark sheets other than college?

5) Do I need to mention Family Members travel history as well?

vishalsh619

Feb 12, 2019
Th
1) Find out which NOC your job falls under. It should fall under category 0,A or B.

2) Find out if you are able to get reference letter with the details required by IRCC and if the responsibilities in your reference letter match approximately 70% of the responsibilities listed under the NOC.

If you are able to satisfy the criteria listed above, you might be eligible to claim points for that work experience.

Find your NOC here ->

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Thanks for replying. .. I have checked and my NOC type is A and code is 4032...and the duties listed there i have done more than 70% of that and school can provide me reference letter ..
One more question... From last one year I am working as a home tutor... I don't that experience gonna count or not... The company under whom I am working right now can provide reference letter.. so do I need to get that or my 3 years and 8 months experience is enough.. Thanks in advance

gailsc83

Jan 12, 2019
That doesn't sound right. You should have 2 rows in your work history section. I assume you are applying under FSW category. As long as both your jobs fall within the past 10 years and belong to an eligible NOC, you should be good to go and be provided points for 3 years if the combined work experience hits or exceeds the 3 year mark.

Choose your primary NOC based on the job for which you can procure solid documentation . It doesn't necessarily have to be your current job.

Whatever NOC you choose, just make sure the reference letters contain roles that match around 70% of the roles listed under the NOC.

Good luck .
Hi! Yes, I am applying for FSW. I put 2 rows in my work history section.
Is it okay to have work experience in varying fields as long as it is both an eligible NOC? Or does it have to be similar all throughout?
For example 1st company was tax work (NOC 1111-A accountant), but the 2nd company is a mixture of finance and operations work (NOC 1112-A financial analyst and assistant manager NOC 0621-0)?
Truthfully, I am uncertain on how to classify my work with the 2nd company. I do a lot since it is a small company partly owned both by family and friends of the family. Will submitted EE profiles be invalidated if we change the NOCs?

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hi all..with a CRS Score of 415 and proficiency in French can I be eligible for Ontario..thanks[/QUOTE]

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi! Yes, I am applying for FSW. I put 2 rows in my work history section.
Is it okay to have work experience in varying fields as long as it is both an eligible NOC? Or does it have to be similar all throughout?
For example 1st company was tax work (NOC 1111-A accountant), but the 2nd company is a mixture of finance and operations work (NOC 1112-A financial analyst and assistant manager NOC 0621-0)?
Truthfully, I am uncertain on how to classify my work with the 2nd company. I do a lot since it is a small company partly owned both by family and friends of the family. Will submitted EE profiles be invalidated if we change the NOCs?
Yeah, as long as you have 12 months of continuous work experience in one NOC in the past 10 years, you can club all other work experiences under an eligible NOC irrespective of the duration (could be more or less than 12 months).

You have to obtain a reference letter with responsibilities that match the responsibilities under the NOC that you choose.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Th

Thanks for replying. .. I have checked and my NOC type is A and code is 4032...and the duties listed there i have done more than 70% of that and school can provide me reference letter ..
One more question... From last one year I am working as a home tutor... I don't that experience gonna count or not... The company under whom I am working right now can provide reference letter.. so do I need to get that or my 3 years and 8 months experience is enough.. Thanks in advance
4032 belongs to NOC category A. So you are good.

CRS points for foreign work experience maxes out at 3 years so you don't have to get anything more than that. So the 3 years and 8 months experience would be sufficient IMO. Just make sure your reference letter shows responsibilities that match the responsibilities listed under the NOC 4032.

Good luck .

abeerzsingh

Dec 23, 2018
Dear friends,
Hope all are in good spirits. I'm seeking your expertise in my case.

I'm applying for EE (PNP) with a low CRS score (393). Hence NOC code is very critical to expect the invite.

My spouse who'll play the secondary applicant has equal work experience as a Secondary School Teacher and an Office Administrator. Which NOC shall I select for her to maximise our chances to receive provincial invite?

Pardon my lack of knowledge and please be welcome to correct my understanding. Also to mention that we've tried every inch to make our CRS score move north but couldn't succeed.
Please can someone step in for help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Foreign work experience of the dependent usually doesn't count.

But if it did.....

Nobody can tell you which NOC to select except your spouse. You need to look at the responsibilities listed in the reference letter and choose a NOC that best matches it.

The Express entry program is NOC-neutral. However, some provinces send NOIs for a particular set of NOCs only. You should check the website of the program to see what NOCs they send invites to and possibly select one from that list which closely matches the work experience of spouse .

JUNEBERRIES

Oct 29, 2018
@rajkamalmohanram

Hello, I have submitted my EE application after getting ITA and have a concern.

When I went to ask for my diploma it had a major name spelling mistake, birth place was incorrect which made it super difficult to take my certificate since there was many mistakes but thank god I was able to get it and submit to WES.
to be honest it’s beyond me how WES was able to verify my certificate.
But now I’m afraid since in the EXpress Entry application they had asked for my certificate and transcripts not only WES result.. will they verify AGAIN from university? Then why did we go through the trouble of WES certificate???! Im trying to contact the university to make sure they corrected the info but they don’t answer (very unprofessional institution :(
Could this cause rejection... ?

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Questions for the PR application:
1. May I know if I am required to scan all passport pages ?
2. Required PCC will be only showed after filling all information ?
3. For Spouse, working experience more than 10 years: do I need to put all working histories for spouse?
4. I received Ontario PNP pre-invite before I got my ITA...do I need to go to PNP application and decline it? ( haven't submit- just accept it.... )

Thanks a lot.